6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Food for thought. This batch is almost 30 days old and ive added alot of nutrients and massive. Massive doubles my ppms. Ppms go up to about 700-800 after top offs, then drop down over the next few days to around 400-500. Being able to check NPK individually was the best decision ive made yet.

I am confident this res wont need changed. No enzymes needed either. Going to get my water sampled when this is all done. I wanna see what alls left over and figure out how to eliminate it next grow.

I also checked my roots the other day since theres no scrog its quite easy now. They were pearly white.. . Things seem to be going well this time. Still gonna have some dudded plants due to other strains overtaking them. My reflectors are shit too so im sure that doesnt help.

No time to build on any of my shit or start seeds yet. I plan on starting 6 new seeds in 2 days though. I will veg them for only 1 month before putting them into this room. The goal is to reduce veg times with this grow.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Start of week 5. Plants entered flower room Feb 23rd. Having no issues thus far and all the changes I made seem to have worked. Time will tell..

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Are you seeing any particular differences in how fast one strain is flowering versus the others? Or do you think you'll likely harvest all the plants at about the same time?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yea there are strains that I can harvest faster than others but to keep it simple, I harvest at the two month mark. Some plants are 99% red hairs, some are 75%. When I harvested last time my Northern lights looked like it was just getting stared. It was wild honestly. So for sure I'd say some strains grow way faster. I have great luck with Jack herer for some reason. Always my fastest growing and first to finish. That's back left...

I'm narrowing it down to three strains from here out. Got three sour diesels, one jack herer and two blue dreams germinating.

Ppms right now are sitting at 500 on. 7 scale. Very low when compared to most.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Started 4 sour diesel and 2 blue dream. One seed dud and another is two days behind it.

Can't turn lights up until last seed sprouts. Will harvest flower room in 3 weeks and transplant 1 month vegged plants instead of two month vegged.

20220330 041945
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I had another sour diesel fail. I let the paper towel dry out for a few hours and tried transplanting anyways.. It was dead upon arrival.

So that said, it's official, I'm running this room with one less plant. I might actually shrink my room down to four plants. I can delete the middle section of my hydro system due to rubber boots.

So next grow. I will have 4 plants in a 4*4, using a 1000w hid, and I'll have two other 4*4 rooms each with one plant. So three separate 4*4s.. 6 plants... Three 1k hps. Atm I will only run 4 thought. My other tents are not ready, and I still have to build hydro systems for them.. . Which is my favorite.

So I guess it's time to order my favorite strains, or perhaps try better breeders..

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

It's all about the canopy and light, not the number of plants. I'm getting a bigger crop (with coco) with 4 plants in my 4x4 than I did with 5 plants. And that 5th plant in the middle causes a lot of issues getting to the back plants to trim them.

You'll be fine with 4. (I've got 4 Sour Diesels flowering right now, and I'm thinking 2 pounds of bud off it.)

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It's all about the canopy and light, not the number of plants. I'm getting a bigger crop (with coco) with 4 plants in my 4x4 than I did with 5 plants. And that 5th plant in the middle causes a lot of issues getting to the back plants to trim them.

You'll be fine with 4. (I've got 4 Sour Diesels flowering right now, and I'm thinking 2 pounds of bud off it.)
Yea for sure I get that. So I have another light, same tube style, but the hood is way better. I dont even have a par meter, nor do I measure how far my lights are. When I flip to flower they are around 4ft, by the time the stretch is over they are about 2ft from it. My light setup is so heavy and its a pain to get to the back that I just leave it. I flower with my lights at max lol. .

Hopefully it will b easier to maintain the light height by just stickinug with 4x4 tents. I think imma tear this wall that I built down and reuse the lumber elsewhere. I have 3 4x4s and this 4x8 room. Anyways as to the uptake I see lots of soil guys in big grow facilities keping the pots almost touching. I dont know if its called mainlining, but they get like one good bud per plant its crazy. Sometimes they get like 5 or so. .but I never see them use big spaces.

My theory is that the more roots and stem you start with, aka seeds, the faster you will put nutrients up top to the buds. So in my thoughts if I start with 4 in one tent, and do one in another tent, with a shared res, so everything is the exact same, I am certain the 4x4 with 4 plants will yield more if flipped at 2 weeks and both rooms are trained accordingly and get the same amount of light.

Like to me if its just one plant, sure it will be happier, but I think with each pheno, it will only pull up nutrients so fast, even if everything is perfect, meaning the stalk will only grow so fast. But if I have two or 4 of them, even if they are in the same space, it should speed up the flowering process in some form. Yet I do get that I will only get so much weight per light per time frame, theres a cap, no matter what I do, a plant can only produce so much in so much time.

Perhaps im wrong, all I know is imma trial it and find out. What sucks is with a shorter veg the branches tend to fold under weight :(, which is why I feel training them will be the biggest factor, being I have to keep an even canopy in both, while defoliating the exact same. . idk man, im stoned lol. . all I know is I like to understand the whys and try the whatifs

Anthem

Anthem

2 pounds off of 4 plants is 8 per plant. That is a very tall order for dried, trimmed in the finished bag of weight. Pictures?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

2 pounds off of 4 plants is 8 per plant. That is a very tall order for dried, trimmed in the finished bag of weight. Pictures?
If were being honest, in this thread alone my average weight dried and perfectly trimmed, all big stems removed, mainly looks like popcorn after I take it off the main stems, im very picky, but if I dont get at least 6 per I failed. I run 6 in a 4x8, 4 months start, 2 month veg transplant to 2 month flower, every 2 months i get at least 2lbs. Hell my jack herer fast from seedsman was my biggest hitter. Its under my instagram in more details. But yea I got almost a lb off one plant. Now the two plants around it each got like 2 ozs a piece, so the average dropped. It didnt really tower over them either. Idk, I cant wait to try some good genetics soon. Saving up for some good seeds thats for sure.

Yet hypothetically, if I would have ran 6 of those Herer fasts, I would have easily gotten 3lbs out of the entire grow, if not more, every 2 months. It sounds wild, but its not even close to what I could get if I had a sealed room with c02. I got 12-16 oz, i dont really remember, plus I cant really post my weights on here, people will just have to understand how dense and large the buds were and trust in the video lol.

Again, ive grown around 20 different strains so far, and only one of them has gotten me almost a lb per plant. My average weight is 2lbs minimum, without the lower fluffy scraps, but yea dried and trimmed in a 4x8 with 2-1000 hids.

Aquaman told me he was able to get 2lbs out of a 4x4, again, no idea how many plants that was though, im assuming 4. I got my training from the ancient wizard. But my brain is still mine, so im prone to error, best I can be is honest.

Honestly, when I say I get 2lbs, thats minimum. Id rather shoot myself low, than act like I got more than what I did.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Water Temps 74.
Not dumping any water, only topping off. Res is almost 40 days old.

Ppms 700 and dropping.

I have added co2 a few times. A 20lb bottle lasts 2 days and I can only increase the ppms from 700 up to 1200. I stopped doing it, but I did give it three bottles since it was cheap.

So far so good..

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Harvest will be on Apr 25th. Which will be 60 days in flower room. I don't care what they look like, I care about consistent timing.

I could let them flower longer, but then my vegged plants will have a greater veg time than I want.

My goal is to drop my veg times down to a few weeks eventually. Just sucks because the branches fold easier during late flower.

As for my 5 seedings that were dry seeds 5 days ago, I'd say they are off to a good start for not even being a week old.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I forgot to add calmag when topping off. My testing equipment said my calcium levels were 150ppm, sadly that was ph up and not calmag. When i add too much micro my N levels oversaturate the roots and this actually drops ph. So its a learning process. Im also not going to add silica due to buildup on res water.

And again i bumped one of my timers to always on. So they got 18hrs of light again lol. . during flower. I changed times so they got 12hrs of dark. Seems a light controller is in my near future. Also gonna get some mag test equipment. Also might ditch trio for a 4 part. Its impossible to add prosperous without adding potassium.

Other than those issues, the grow looks good. The front right plant took alot of the mag deffecieny, the rest look way better

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Res has only been topped off. Im just using a papertowel to remove it for now. I dont actually aerate that tank. I fear because im live, my colonies would breed to fast, so i only aerate my main pots.

Girl scout cookies to the front left didnt strech like the last one. Which is weird because all the others did better except it. I removed the scrog once I seen buds forming that way I didnt hold them down and create foxtails. Overall it was a wise decision. I was using the scrog to hold them down, instead of hold the bud weight up.

I plan on doing a top partial harvest this friday, and then a full harvest 10 days on the 25th. I will stop adding nutrients friday. This puts me at a 2 month flower room cycle.

This also puts my new plants at a 1 month veg. I might harvest sooner. Im more worried about keeping these new plants on a 3 month veg. And i have to desteoy this whole groom and pop my tents. Fun times to come. That day will be the end of this thread and the beginning of a new one.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Full harvest tomorrow. A few plants could go for a few more weeks but my main concern is keeping the next batch at a 3 week veg. Plus i still have to tear down this entire grow room, pop two tents, concert my system into a 4 pot, then i can fire it up. Im assuming it will take me a week to do max. Im lazy high

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Lights are unplugged in flower room as of last night. Full harvest today, just getting my new drying tent ready :)

One thing I wanted to mention. Something i did right made them finish faster. Idk what lol but I thought I would get more weight by removing scrog mid flower, adding some co2(not alot), or keeping my nutrient levels consistent with my new testing equipment.

Anyways im reducing veg time from here out. Gonna try to get them down to a 10 week from seed to harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom