$600 Budget Towards Lights 5x5 Room

• Thread starter Coney83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coney83

Hello thanks for taking the time to read and help out. I'm new and learning, I know I need good lighting, ventilation, circulation, and climate amongst other important things. Lighting is what I need, I have a room 7x13x7, I want to make a 5x5 room out of. I want to Scrog 4 plants. Hoping a 5x5 space is big enough, I have been reading a lot about the cheap led lights on Amazon ( Phlizon,vipar etc..). All mixed reviews, I have a budget of $600 cdn towards lights and I almost just ordered two Phlizon 1200w led lights.. I know thats not true wattage! I felt I was making a mistake and thought I should post this to get a few opinions from others. Looking for the best coverage, $600 cdn price range and something that is basically plug and play (built) a light that will do great for veg and flower. Thank you for your help

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Welcome to the farm.
Now @JWM2 has setup similar tents for about that budget. Might wanna hit him up and search the thread , there is a ton of other new growers setting up and they will be more then happy to help ya out.

Dbear180

Dbear180

If you go single end 600 you could buy a mh bulb, an hps bulb, digital ballast, & hood & still have over $200 left for a can fan, carbon filter, & ducting :)

Leds are cool and all but I still kill it with older style equipment for my small grows. I'm just not sold on leds for my particular applications yet. I will probably try cmh before I jump to leds.

F

FutureGrower

Hello thanks for taking the time to read and help out. I'm new and learning, I know I need good lighting, ventilation, circulation, and climate amongst other important things. Lighting is what I need, I have a room 7x13x7, I want to make a 5x5 room out of. I want to Scrog 4 plants. Hoping a 5x5 space is big enough, I have been reading a lot about the cheap led lights on Amazon ( Phlizon,vipar etc..). All mixed reviews, I have a budget of $600 cdn towards lights and I almost just ordered two Phlizon 1200w led lights.. I know thats not true wattage! I felt I was making a mistake and thought I should post this to get a few opinions from others. Looking for the best coverage, $600 cdn price range and something that is basically plug and play (built) a light that will do great for veg and flower. Thank you for your help

LEDs are a little complicated to grasp in the beginning. If you buy cheap led fixtures you might as well buy a hps setup because it's actually more efficient.

For that budget you kind of have to buy a HID or CMH. Look for some used in your area maybe.

If you want to build your own light you can probably get by with the $600 for the light before the rest. If you're interested I'll explain more

Madmax

Madmax

Hi..if you want to make a 5x5 room you might have a little difficulty scrogging the plants as yo wont b able to reach.ive made a 5x5 room myself out of white laminate chip board.ive made a scrog net out of pvc only made it 4 ft front to back and will still have dificulty reaching.like i need a handle somewhere so i can hang onto it while using the other to tuck tops..i dont think ill use it first go..i would use a tent what Jack og has mentioned

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hi..if you want to make a 5x5 room you might have a little difficulty scrogging the plants as yo wont b able to reach.ive made a 5x5 room myself out of white laminate chip board.ive made a scrog net out of pvc only made it 4 ft front to back and will still have dificulty reaching.like i need a handle somewhere so i can hang onto it while using the other to tuck tops..i dont think ill use it first go..i would use a tent what Jack og has mentioned
Indeed the tents can get cumbersome, but there are models with rear opening zips for access provided the tent has space to go “around “ it.
Led vs hid, watt per watt. Hid will always win out. But there are models out there for the in home not for profit grower that is easy of the power consumption and this is where either a de ceramic models of HID and or LED would be great. One favor or better function on LED is the ability to go from veg to flower with a switch, whereas HID may require a bulb swap out.
Things to consider is control on environment as well, traditional HID will produce more heat, LED, most don’t. Also par value and penetration of canopy. HID will require side lighting and LED penetration is much better.
Choices choices ! Lol , me personally if im growing small personal consumption level grows, id stay with an LED system. But for consumer level and patients supply, I go HID.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah..I meant a room bud.. i thought Coney83 was thinking of building a room :)

I wish i built my room bigger for acessability to the plants all sides..

C

Coney83

Indeed the tents can get cumbersome, but there are models with rear opening zips for access provided the tent has space to go “around “ it.
Led vs hid, watt per watt. Hid will always win out. But there are models out there for the in home not for profit grower that is easy of the power consumption and this is where either a de ceramic models of HID and or LED would be great. One favor or better function on LED is the ability to go from veg to flower with a switch, whereas HID may require a bulb swap out.
Things to consider is control on environment as well, traditional HID will produce more heat, LED, most don’t. Also par value and penetration of canopy. HID will require side lighting and LED penetration is much better.
Choices choices ! Lol , me personally if im growing small personal consumption level grows, id stay with an LED system. But for consumer level and patients supply, I go HID.
Yeah..I meant a room bud.. i thought Coney83 was thinking of building a room :)

I wish i built my room bigger for acessability to the plants all sides..

C

Coney83

Would timber grow 4LV 3500k work for veg and flower for a 5x5 scrog?

Top Bottom