600w tree question

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hey farmers. I have a room I want to try doing hybrid lighting in. I want to do a 600w air cooled horizontal over each plant and 600w verts surrounding each plant in a heavily aerated chow mix like 75/25 hydroton/coco. My question is what size pot should I run so I can feed once a day once roots are established and is 7' ceilings enough headway?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Put htem on a short cycle timer and feed them 10-20 sec. on and an hour off. 20 gal smart pots would be very good. Even 15 gallon plastic will get you to 2#/ plant.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

That's great to hear I was real worried about 7 feet not being enough. I really like the idea of chow DTW over RDWC because than I can expand centers if things get choked out. Im putting chicken wire across the ceiling so I can constantly move around my vert lamps hassle free also.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Is it possible to run bare 600w horizontals and verts and not get slammed with 7' of headway or am I just asking for bleached tips. i can install more than enough AC to cool them bare and really don't want to go back to air cooling.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I'm between 42" parabolic umbrella reflectors for each plant if 7' is enough or blockbuster 8" if I have to air cool. I measured today and Id have roughly 4.5 ft from the top of the pot to the bulb.

J

Jalisco Kid

With that ratio of chow now mater what size container the girls will need more water. Maybe you would need to reverse your mixture. Without knowing your cut no one can talk about your growth accurately . JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

With the chowmix like you mentioned, don't worry about drowning your plants because it will be impossible. Capulator said to water all but continuously throughout the day and I second this.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya Jk i was thinking maybe toning it down a little and running a 50/50 mix and feeding continously throughout the day in small portions. I completely understand when you say its completely dependant on what cut I'm running, style of growing, etc. Basically the answer I'm trying to get is, is my rooms height going to be a limiting factor I'm going to constantly run into and have to worry and work around in the future. I know everything takes time to dial and whatnot, I just want to know ahead of time if yall think its possible to get decent yields and keep it KISS with the space im working with, especially because I know stretchy strains do better in vert. If it seems like itll be a hectic choice, Ill prob just do horizontals 6 plants/2k in an 8x4 trey.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you had a veg area I would rather put in 4-5' plants that maybe stretch only a foot and a half more but put out denser buds and easier to take care of. Just need 7-8 weeks veg. I find bigger growth with 70/30 and water more when needed. More aeration going on and no stress to the roots. I just pump them at lower ppm then most but frequently. Run a 250 ppm solution every 4 cycles. Watch your run off. JK

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

maybe set up like Heath Robinson did in his large tree thread. 2 trees surrounded by (5) 600w vert hung in a X pattern.
the center light was on 12 hr and the opposing corners were on a flip-flop so only 3 lights on at any given time.

EX: Plant = O Light = X EDIT: format is off.....sorry

X O X
X
X O X

X O X

X
X O X

i think he also had a high volume flow/low ppm hydro set-up and he killed it.
good luck

peace

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I think I'm pretty set on

XOXOXO
OXOXOX

I don't know if that'll look write when published. But Im set on 6 vert 600's, 6 horizontal 600s, 6 plants for the 7 foot room. Its time for hood shopping so what's the verdict guys?? 7' headway 20g pots 2" off the floor draining straight to floor drain, I wanna get to 1.5 to 2#s a plant eventually. What do yall think parabolic bare bulb horizontals for the winter? Or should I play it safe and get blockbusters for the horizontals?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If you didnt buy your lights for the 600's I would definitely take a hard look at the 600w 400v phillips greenpower bulbs on the gavita or sunlight supply remote ballast for 400v conversion. . Those 600's are tits and you can hang them vert.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
And fuck a horizontal reflector with 7' ceiling. Double stack your vert 600's instead. You are gonna want the extra space to hit the ceiling.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Cap this might sound stupid. But how do you double stack verts ontop of eachother so cords dont burn up an get in the way or do you just stagger the lower light a few inches to the side of the other. So double stack 600s in the same layout? I have six 600w setups laying around but for the other six ill have to give them a look. Phillips is killing it this year for sure though.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Phillips geenpower bulb looks very interesting especially at 90 bucks, but I'm not suprised the 600w gavita ballast is 250 bucks but I'm sure its worth every penny.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap this might sound stupid. But how do you double stack verts ontop of eachother so cords dont burn up an get in the way or do you just stagger the lower light a few inches to the side of the other. So double stack 600s in the same layout? I have six 600w setups laying around but for the other six ill have to give them a look. Phillips is killing it this year for sure though.

No you can double them up and just let the cord of the bottom one come up and away to the side. I am sure you can figure it out if you look at it long enough.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

plenty have hung 2 600's vert, i have. have extraction above the top light and a fan on low below the bottom light to aide the heat raising. too much airflow will cause hot air to not fully get pulled out by your extraction fan.

i no longer grow large trees vert b/c its easier for me to grow medium/small plants so more useable floor space works best.

good luck

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

picture.php

picture.php

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

Be Like Heath

EDIT: just wanted to post 2 of his pics for those who know nothing about Mr Robinson.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you didnt buy your lights for the 600's I would definitely take a hard look at the 600w 400v phillips greenpower bulbs on the gavita or sunlight supply remote ballast for 400v conversion. . Those 600's are tits and you can hang them vert.

So this is the 600W version of the DE bulbs? If so, I'm very interested as well, as it's well past time to upgrade from my ancient magnetic ballast lighting system.

Top Bottom