600w tree question

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So this is the 600W version of the DE bulbs? If so, I'm very interested as well, as it's well past time to upgrade from my ancient magnetic ballast lighting system.

No man they arent DE

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

How close can you get a 600w vert bulb before you see adverse effects?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Okay so here's the deal. I ended up buying air cooled blockbuster hoods instead of double stacking simply because my buddy lives at this location and wants exhaust to heat the house, it gets pretty cold up here in the mountains so understandable. Also I decided to run 600 horizontals and 1000w verts. Hey cap off topic but can I put your packs in a panty hose and brew in my vortex or is this bad, I'm getting tired of cleaning all the talc out of the PVC in the bottom of the vortex lol. I'll get a few pics up once everything's put together.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Okay so here's the deal. I ended up buying air cooled blockbuster hoods instead of double stacking simply because my buddy lives at this location and wants exhaust to heat the house, it gets pretty cold up here in the mountains so understandable. Also I decided to run 600 horizontals and 1000w verts. Hey cap off topic but can I put your packs in a panty hose and brew in my vortex or is this bad, I'm getting tired of cleaning all the talc out of the PVC in the bottom of the vortex lol. I'll get a few pics up once everything's put together.

Why dont you mix it up first in a pitcher really well, then let it settle for 5 minutes. POur the liquid off the top in to your brewer. That will leave the vast majority of the talc behind in the pitcher and put the microbes in solution right in to the tea.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Cool, I'll give it a try this next brew thanks cap. I'm hoping that using 1000w for the verts instead of 600s will also promote less of an upward stretch. After we take the rest of the outdoor girls on the property down this month we will also begin a build in a part of the pole barn that is 15' tall so I'm looking forward to a 12' vert room soon also. I also changed my layout in the 7' room to

XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

X's are plants, O's are 1000w verts. Each plant has a 600w blockbuster overhead also. Strains will be True Power OG and a high yielding Sour Flame OG cut I found in a phenohunt this summer, both by Sin City. Both have Xmas like shape without topping and are decent stretchers. Making them good candidates I suppose. Would be more than happy with 2#s a tree.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes. Phillips greenpower. 400v bulb on a conversion ballast, unless you have 3 phase power!

Here's hoping they have a ballast that overdrives them a wee bit. I have 240V power. I'm considering 8-9 vertically hung in a space of 65- 75 sq ft. around four trees. What I'm using now is very inefficient and I need to turn that around quickly.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Cool, I'll give it a try this next brew thanks cap. I'm hoping that using 1000w for the verts instead of 600s will also promote less of an upward stretch. After we take the rest of the outdoor girls on the property down this month we will also begin a build in a part of the pole barn that is 15' tall so I'm looking forward to a 12' vert room soon also. I also changed my layout in the 7' room to

XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

X's are plants, O's are 1000w verts. Each plant has a 600w blockbuster overhead also. Strains will be True Power OG and a high yielding Sour Flame OG cut I found in a phenohunt this summer, both by Sin City. Both have Xmas like shape without topping and are decent stretchers. Making them good candidates I suppose. Would be more than happy with 2#s a tree.

How will you be cooling this space?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

A 3 ton and 2 ton split. After everything my heat output for the room was like 62,000 btu. I'm a little over but it gets really cold up this way and it's in a basement that stays cool year round so I think I'll be okay.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

A 3 ton and 2 ton split. After everything my heat output for the room was like 62,000 btu. I'm a little over but it gets really cold up this way and it's in a basement that stays cool year round so I think I'll be okay.

lol, ya you'll be just fine. That's overkill.. but better safe than sorry!

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Haha right. I figured it might be a little much especially because of the weather here, but if it is I'll be sure not to hesitate to drop some extra bulbs in the mix. I've been in the rain all day covering outdoor ladies. Nothing humbles the soul like being soaking wet, cold, and muddy, while your plants smirk at you dry as can be lol. Pretty glad this will be my last outdoor season. All indoor trees an endless midnight sunshine from here out baaaaby, I can burn to that.

Top Bottom