664 SQ FT Multi Room Gow

• Thread starter king3989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
oh shit somehow I glossed over the whole apt deal - saw 40 x 1k and figured it was a commercial spot

:giggle

damn you evelyn woods

hiboy

hiboy

oh shit somehow I glossed over the whole apt deal - saw 40 x 1k and figured it was a commercial spot

:giggle

damn you evelyn woods

lol
yah hard for a newb to do this with all the room
put it in an apartment...wait that dont go together
h

K

king3989

how about we start with your experience? what's the largest grow you've completed to date?
I have attempted a 2 light grow that was prematurely shut down due to reasons beyond my control. I was well into the flower stage when that happened. Sucked pretty bad. I then started another grow learning from a friend. Got the clones from him and he gave me alot of base knowledge. Soil grow. He eventually moved away and I completed the 4000w grow on my own it netted about a little under 2 pounds of good bud. Never attempted anything of this magnitude though. It's amazing how just the size of the grow alone changes everything.

K

king3989

Apartment Commercial grow? 40 lights? I see multiple red flags. Besides the fact that the 684 sq ft apartment I know doesnt have a 200 amp panel needed to run 20 lights at a time on a flip flop, Which means 20 lights running 24/7, which is not apartment power, Commercial power for 20 lights cost is over 1500 a month and residential is 3 times that. Your in way over your head Imo, This is how building's burn down and a good part of the bad rap this industry gets, you got no biz attempting this project Imo.
Understood. I know that it is about the pitfalls and short comings of residential space. I was laying out what I was asked to do by my friend and because I had never done anything this large I wanted to ask the pros what they thought of the parameters and what they would do as a alternative to this or if this was possible what are some of the things they would do. I wasn't setting out to give the industry a bad name or anything of that nature. I'm glad everyone is responding now with some options because that's what I'm looking for input and some options. I would hate to have to tell my bud "Hey man this can't be done" without at least having some options of what CAN be done. I do have some experience though so I wouldn't be uncomfortable expending a bit. I understand that growing is a labor of love and gets enough negative attention without people doing stupid things and burning down property when all they had to do is educate themselves and do things the smart way. I do understand your passion and appreciate the input.

K

king3989

We all dream big
i started out 3 years ago in a bedroom with two 4x8 tables, flood and drain.
4x1000 watts, scrubber, fans..blah blahblah
i was successful. I just started a warehouse grow 12x25 and thats even gnarly fo rme
its hard enough to grow as a newbie
you also have to consider the trimming, preparing the bud for sale.
thats more work than the grow,, its really insain if you dont have the help from experienced and trustworthy friends.
and if you dont cure it in time its all a waste.
ur scale would need serious manpower and a bedroom to cure and another to hang and dry. Growing isnt really that hard with all the help here u can get, its all the other things that arent thought about that kill ya
h
Yes Hiboy trimming is a bitch. I did it myself then but my partner will be help out this time. So I'm thinking of taking Motherlodes advice here and stagering the rooms starting one then 2 or 3 weeks later starting the other. Hiboy will this still require an upgrade to my service if I run from 10 to 12 lights instead as Motherlode suggested. I also need to find out what the amperage the space is. Newer residential is 200A older houses are 100A?? I know the house had some recent upgrades from the old wiring so we might be looking at 200A. So whatever is usable after whatever is being used for daily living.

hiboy

hiboy

Yes Hiboy trimming is a bitch. I did it myself then but my partner will be help out this time. So I'm thinking of taking Motherlodes advice here and stagering the rooms starting one then 2 or 3 weeks later starting the other. Hiboy will this still require an upgrade to my service if I run from 10 to 12 lights instead as Motherlode suggested. I also need to find out what the amperage is 100A or could it possibly be 200A??

Hey bro
i know pretty much all ull need to know about electricity
most apartments are 100 max. if ur lucky
and if u wanna upgrade thats not easy dude
most are off a stand up section where ull find many meters, preassembled, and theres a max upgrade to do legally,
to be legal ull have to install larger wire, and that means for a 200 amp sub panel ull have to run 3/0 wire with a 2 inch metal conduit,
u don wanna go there
find out ur main breaker, and then we can make a plan
h

K

king3989

Hey bro
i know pretty much all ull need to know about electricity
most apartments are 100 max. if ur lucky
and if u wanna upgrade thats not easy dude
most are off a stand up section where ull find many meters, preassembled, and theres a max upgrade to do legally,
to be legal ull have to install larger wire, and that means for a 200 amp sub panel ull have to run 3/0 wire with a 2 inch metal conduit,
u don wanna go there
find out ur main breaker, and then we can make a plan
h
I can PM you the apartment electrical specs if you don't mind.

hiboy

hiboy

sure no problemo
or just put them here, i can try to help u either way
h

K

king3989

sure no problemo
or just put them here, i can try to help u either way
h
Ok Ill get back to you soon with that info. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Electric seems to be my biggest hurdle to get this done even on a smaller level.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
exhaust is gonna be your next big hurdle

how you going to bring in fresh air and exhaust the heat?

you could do a tent and use the room around it as a lung room - you would have to cool, dehumidfy and co2 the space - using up more precious amps

xrob415x

xrob415x

Where I live In oakland just getting permits and having pg&E come and upgrade a pannel from 100 amps to 200 amps costs more than $3000. In an apartment I dont see how running 20 lights is possible. The transformer might not be able to hold that much power and blow (An acquaintance of mine blew his transformer twice in one month running 20 lights in his house) If the wiring isnt done right running that much power may burn a line coming down from the pole and start a fire. Even if it was possible running this much power would put you in the highest tier from the power company and you would be penalized by the highest rates. Im thinking with that much light and cooling the bill would be around $8000 a month ( a buddy has a 9k watt legal grow and pays $2000 a month in power bills) From my experience if I was working with the space you described I cant see myself putting more that 10-12k watts of lights in there because I still need room to work comfortably. If your insulation is decent you could get away with a 3.5 ton mini spilt, multi zone a/c that could simultaneously cool both rooms. Thats just my input. I feel its better to go smaller and do it safer/better than to go huge and risk your safety.

xrob415x

xrob415x

O yea and just to give you a comparision 664sq is way to small to even fit this many lights. My buddy is a dispensary owner and i helped him set up his onsite 44k watt growroom. We had a 1500 sq ft to work with and barley fit everything in there.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
ohh boy i have to chime in here,and no offense to you kinger...

People need to do reading in order to get somewhat of an idea of whats going on.

Reasonable questions are quite alright and im not saying yours ALL your questons were.

And btw i would be happy to answer any SPECIFIC QUSTIONS FIRE AWAY!!

BUT overall i would tome it down a lot for that location and wouldnt think of runnin g a generatorthat big unless underground hidden in anything but a rental..I know a few friends out in the bonnies wwith gens that size soundproofed underground..waaay to big for me(greeedy imo)- sLoW aNd StEaDy WiNs ThE rAcE

Good luck bro
CFSb
BURN

ps...But like poppa said get a wharehouse or expect the good ole boys to come knocking..If you have the capital split up locations if not wanting to go warehouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom