6k Watt Sealed Gavita Room

• Thread starter Terpsauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Terpsauce

The r-tech, does that replace insulation? I hate using insulation and would much rather just drywall + r-tech if possible.

actually I used plywood on the inside of the framework and then retch to the plywood and literally every seam and corner is r tech and sealed with the metal ducting tape to get the seal and then gorilla tape on both sides of every piece of metal tape. I built a really big ice chest basically 3/4" styrafoam and it works great I have two ac units and only one runs lol. go figure

T

Terpsauce

this was 8 days of veg. moved to bottom feeding. had a little issue with my water and nutrient lock out but everything exploded in those cubes.

20150321 203235
20150321 203245
20150321 203254
20150321 203411
T

Terpsauce

these are all various pics from day 18-25. i got stalled out because lock out and they sat for 5 days being flushed and didn't move. i foliar feed hydrolyzed fish protein and magnesium from sea water and train them. im spreading them out and trellising the tables this week and theres about a week left of veg i ned them to stretch a few more inches

Folliar
Glue1
Glue2
Glue4
Glue5
Glue6
Glue62
Lyfespan

Lyfespan

Great job on the room, plants are looking much better in last pix.

I too just finished a 14x21 room with 16 foot ceilings and 10 Nanolux DEs on the NCCS system. using the r-tech panels, but put the foil to the outside and hung panda film. I was originally going to do it like yours, but you get more insulator value if foil goes out.

Gotta love hanging this stuff, so light, I used drywall screws with fender washers, then taped the seams with stucco poly film tape. Used a cordless grinder with a 5" metal cut off wheel to cut the stuff for a clean no mess job.

T

Terpsauce

Great job on the room, plants are looking much better in last pix.

I too just finished a 14x21 room with 16 foot ceilings and 10 Nanolux DEs on the NCCS system. using the r-tech panels, but put the foil to the outside and hung panda film. I was originally going to do it like yours, but you get more insulator value if foil goes out.

Gotta love hanging this stuff, so light, I used drywall screws with fender washers, then taped the seams with stucco poly film tape. Used a cordless grinder with a 5" metal cut off wheel to cut the stuff for a clean no mess job.
This is a temporary room we just did one layer plywood and r tech and gorilla taped it. My next room will be drywall and 100% sealed with mini splits and the nanolux De hoods with cocoa beds

Latest posts

Top Bottom