6XL UnderCurrent 2k grow in 5x10 tent w/co2

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mcpuffin

Since your limited to 1K, break it down to a 4-site, screen/train the shit out of them, then flip em. Or break it down, stretch it out a bit (ie 40" centers) and go vertical!:icon_spin::icon_spin::icon_spin::icon_spin:

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I decided I am just going to isolate which plugs go to which breakers, if I have to run an extension cord I will and will be just getting another thowie in there.:icon_spin:

S

sourkush91

hey man i run a uc 6 under 2000 watts love it man nice set up

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Just run a 1k on a mover. Im going to be throwing mine under one next week. I used to run 6 bubble buckets under a 600 on a mover and I would yield 1.14-1.5 lb every run.
They will have plenty of light and you dont have to worry about burning down the house.
Good luck
BG

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Just run a 1k on a mover. Im going to be throwing mine under one next week. I used to run 6 bubble buckets under a 600 on a mover and I would yield 1.14-1.5 lb every run.
They will have plenty of light and you dont have to worry about burning down the house.
Good luck
BG

BudGoogles>>Stop trying to steer this young farmer in the wrong direction bro<<1K on a mover is not plenty of light<<
I can only imagine the quality on 600 watts + a mover:giggle.
Larf/Kibble dont count either:)
>>Adding another 1000 watts will benefit him like no other.
The results will be considerably better for him if he was to go head to head with u>>2K or 1K on a light mover<<<:anim_44:

gtd

B

Bobby Smith

Ya shit that sucks, I just called an electrician and he straight said on this house ONE 1000 w light is all I am going to get on that panel.

GTD, not all of us have unlimited power, bro.

Of course 2 1Ks are gonna beat a 1K on a mover, but a 1K on a mover is gonna beat a stationary 1K as well.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Well I highly respect BOTH of your opinions very much. With growing MORE light IS always better, now I know I need to be careful about where I pull the power from but if I can put the two lights in separate breakers then I know I will be fine. So I will have an extension cord running across the hall its okay with me. Now the 1.6lb on a mover is great but I KNOW I can probably pull close to or more than 4lb on 2k. I know my powerbill is going to suck balls but its okay. Thank you for both your ideas, I do know more light is good though and as long as I know I am on two separate breakers for those lights I will be safe. But now I just have to come up with the money for another 400 dollar light setup.

B

Bobby Smith

Well I highly respect BOTH of your opinions very much. With growing MORE light IS always better, now I know I need to be careful about where I pull the power from but if I can put the two lights in separate breakers then I know I will be fine. So I will have an extension cord running across the hall its okay with me. Now the 1.6lb on a mover is great but I KNOW I can probably pull close to or more than 4lb on 2k. I know my powerbill is going to suck balls but its okay. Thank you for both your ideas, I do know more light is good though and as long as I know I am on two separate breakers for those lights I will be safe. But now I just have to come up with the money for another 400 dollar light setup.

Well hell, if you can swing 2K, than for sure go for it - my bads on the misunderstanding.

If you don't wanna have an extension cord running into your growroom, I'd go with those 2 1Ks on a flip-flop (uses the same power as 1 1K but with the benefits of a light mover but without the added power draw/complexity of the light mover having to operate).

I'd personally be kinda sketchy about having a light mover in a tent without some SERIOUS structural reinforcement to the ceiling supports.

IMO, 2 stationary 1Ks>2 1Ks on a fli-flop>1 1K on a mover> 1 stationary 1K.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

For your electrical issue..two 1000 watters is too hi for your 15 amper... You could plug one into your outlet in your bathroom. Normally that is on a different breaker.

Alright well the problem with power is solved I just went out and messed with my breakers to locate which plugs and power they run. Lucky for me and Dentonlands' hypothesis the outlet on the same wall but in the bathroom from the light I am already running IS in fact on a separate breaker just as he suspected. Right on, no extension cord running through the halls. I am going to hopefully come across some money and go ahead with 2K of light here in the next week or so. I am going to hate my life when I get my big power bill, oh well. Goodbye light mover... anyone interested in purchasing it? Its brand spankin new???

btw I am going to go ahead with two dual-arc bulbs as well in those. Does anyone know if you go right on through flower with those?

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ugh.... okay so.. update. I went on Ebay and found a HPS 1000 W system with same hood and everything as when I have right now, $200 bucks shipped! I wanted another switchable ballast but I decided; unless someone has heavy influence on why I should not, to just use Two Super Blue Hortilux 1000W dual-arc bulbs for the entire cycle. So, it estimates delivery around as late at Dec 11th so things are pushed even further back but that will give me time to get some more money to clean up everything else and fill my Co2 tank and find good genetics still.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Alright well got my 350gpm pump on, everything is pretty much set up, I got all my H&G nutes and waiting on my strain. Check this I got TWO of those Hortilux 1000W Super Blue Dual Arc bulbs for a KILLER price those bitches run retail like $200 a piece... lets just say I can get them FAR less. Just gotta fill my Co2, cal my tri-meter and get rolling.

C

cheech

dude.... please don't run your ballasts off of 120 volt power. especially if that 120 volt power is coming from room outlets and not a controller that is hard wired to a breaker.

buy a cap mcl 4x controller. then buy a 30 amp 240 volt breaker and run 8 gauge wire from the breaker to the controller. it is very very easy... you will never have to worry about your electrical wires melting and starting a fire if you go this route.. i am worried about your current situation. send me a pm if you have any questions.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

dude.... please don't run your ballasts off of 120 volt power. especially if that 120 volt power is coming from room outlets and not a controller that is hard wired to a breaker.

buy a cap mcl 4x controller. then buy a 30 amp 240 volt breaker and run 8 gauge wire from the breaker to the controller. it is very very easy... you will never have to worry about your electrical wires melting and starting a fire if you go this route.. i am worried about your current situation. send me a pm if you have any questions.

I cant man, each light is on a separate 15 amp breaker. Nothing to worry about actually. When I was running my one light system I had no problems running my light off regular outlet. I rent this house, so I cannot go messing with or running new wires. Also my breaker panel is on the outside of the house at the opposite end. Electrician said it been fine as long as I am not running more than 12 amps per breaker. So I am good thus far.

St3ve

St3ve

Looks like a hella good start for your first uc run. No doubt will pull much more than last time.
:damnhippie:

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Update finally****

Alright guys sorry for the delay I really had to pin down some genetics to put in this system, get another 1000 w light and get some more goodies set up to have everything perfect. I got some small issues to deal with like raising my humidity and likely getting an AC unit for when I flower to bring out some colors.

Strain is Purple Mist gifted to me. I wish there was a way to change my thread title since everything is different now. I am waiting on my CAP PPM-4 CO2 Monitor and Controller to plug into my 20lb tank setup to run my Co2. These are pictures at day 2. I am crown feeding from the epicenter and just running maybe 1/4 strength House and Garden A-B and a little roots excel. I still gotta dial in my nute schedule and get my Tri-Meter calibrated today to get that set in the epicenter and we will be rockin FINALLY!!!!

Bulbs are dual-arcs and I cannot wait to see how this goes this is the most money I have ever put into a "hobby" other then my quads for the dunes..But this will hopefully pay me back many times over. Please give me inputs and things I can change up that are reasonable. Plants are happy so far so good.

:cash:cash:cash:party0023:

http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00582.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00581.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00580.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00579.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00578.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00577.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/DSC00576.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/CAP-PPM-4L.gif

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Its looking real nice
Now 2k no mover that tent is going to be wall to wall easily
I finally put my 1k on the mover over a 6xl and there 2 weeks in 12/12 if we had the same genetics we could do a comparison. Well maybe we can get an idea anyhow
Im hoping 2# easy out my rig
BG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick update brah! Clean start and lots of lumens... Can't wait to see the dual arcs in action... :cool

Top Bottom