7 ft and 8ft ceiling height ... Is it possible to run with ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

A 7 ft ceiling height in an upper level flower room and 8ft ceiling height on main level flower room ... Is it possible to run with Under Current Pro 35 gallon buckets and not vegg them as long as the 6-8 week that is suggested, or will I have to run with the 13 gallon bucket system?

I am just finishing off an upper and lower flower room that is 24' x 19'. I have purchased Hydro Innovations 10 Ton Water Cooling System, with all the bells and whistles, Water cooled C02 generators, Cool Coils for the rez's ...

I will be flipping 20 of 1000 watt HPS from upper level to the main level room

How many buckets can I run with 20 - 1000 watt HPS hung Vertically ?

I am thinking on at the very least 50" centres. Please make suggestions to me as to what you feel would be the most efficent set up. If so Inclined please post a diagram for plants and lights that you feel would work best.

The first two runs will be using a Sentinel MEF-1 Ebb & Gro bucket system with 180 buckets on both levels. After havingjust set up all these Ebb & Gro buckets, the Under Current system has been calling out my name out for the last week.

I very much enjoy reading and studying up on growing, so I look forward to learning as much about the Undercurrent System to ensure successful runs.

Thanks upfront to all who reply to my thread and share with me your knowledge and experience :)

D

DiatomaceousE

Anyway its clear you havent done the appropriate research and that is why people are not answering not to mention kinda sounding like a douche bag and I know you are excited but you may come across as disrecpectful by asking all those questions prooving you have done no research on your own, expecting the answers to be given to you. This type of attitude will ensure failure.

I will save you tons of money and trouble by saying unless you are an expert at RDWC or DWC do not attempt a full room. Maybe run a 6 or 8 site UC 8 or 13 gallon UC in the corner until you get good at it or else you will be pooring your time and money down the drain as you learn. And whatever you do dont do the 35 gallon UC Pros unless you have been doing 8s or 13s for 3-5 years succesffully and trying to get 5-10 LB plants.

And be sure to spend an hour or two reading through these forums before asking all those questions because the answers are very easy to find for a patient person which is one of the requirements of this system.

" He who is not affraid of sacrifices nor hinderances, indifferent to other peoples opinions, who keeps his objective firmly in his mind no matter he meet with success or failure will diclose the mystery.' F Bardon

I am sorry if I have come across as disrepectful but I do wish you luck and hope that the natural laws will continue to bless your noble actions.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have that exact same size room and your lookin at closer to 8-10 site max on 50"-54" centers, maybe a 12 site but its tight, cielin hieght isn't really an issue and I wouldn't use anything but the 8 gallon UC's, I still do better in the 8 gallons than I do with the 13 gallon ones, plus its alot less water volume to deal with.

You want 6-8 weeks veg no matter what size buckets you use..

You can squeze all 20k in there but it is a huge pain in the ass

Tex

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thank you for your reply Diamontaceous.

Your entitled to your own opinion. I did not take offence to your reply. I feel like my middle name is Research these days, as I am like a sponge for information on the Under Current System.

I also take your comparison of me to the likes of Desset Squirel ( Quantam 9 ) as a compliment as from my readings Dessert Squirel is on his game for sure, and I inspire to be as knoledgebale as he is as well as JackMayOffer and the Texas Kid to just to name a few of the ledgends on this board.

When I obtain the experience and knowledge I will pay it forward for sure and do my best to help out others in the future who are in the same posistion I am right now :)

Texas Kid, thanks so much for your positive contributions to my thread. I am sincere in my desire to learn and conquer the UC system. Any help, suggestions and direction from you and others will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P

Pimpernickel

I have 7' ceilings and use 8 gallon 25" spread 12 site systems w/ 3k horizontal over them and 600*2 on the side. Be careful with your height. If I let my Skywalker or JTR veg larger than ~8" they'll hit the ceiling. It might work out just about right with a lot of training and the larger spread but I've not tried it.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I'm running a uc Xl 16 site 8 gal..in a 12x 12 x8 room ..32" centers.... I started with a uc Xl 24 then went to 20 and now 16 ... Which i will prob stay at! Getting better results each time by cutting plant count and giving them more room. IMO 8' ceilings r plenty of room ...right at1 gpw roughly but I know there's still room for improvement even on that. But like TK said I wouldn't do anything more than 8 gal modules..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Pinch all your growth nodes the day of or a couple days before you throw it into flower, that is the least painfull way to keep your verticle in check...you can supercrop the shit out of it but thats alot more work and you'll need a scrog net almost to manage

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks guys for your input :) It's really appreciated !!!

With my room size being 24' x 19', with regards to using vertical lighting, I see on Under Current's Website they suggest using 600 watt bulbs, would this be the way to go or use 1000 watt bulbs hung vertically instead ? From Under Current's website they suggest using a lot more 600 watt bulbs instead of a fewer number of 1000 watt bulbs. Will one way vs the other way produce greater yeilds ?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I lkie 1k's on top and 600's down the side and in the middle, you can get pretty close to the plants with bare bulb 600's not so much with 1k's

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks Tex, I am getting a clearer vision and picture of how my set up will end up being :)

J

jdubz401

What's going on uc quest good to see another person starting in the uc I don't know what that other dudes problem is but I don't see anything wrong with asking questions and I definitely don't agree with starting on a small uc in the corner until you get a hang of things I started 2 years ago and the only thing I ever used was the uc system had 2 bad runs but still pulled incredible numbers. This system always has something to teach everyday and it is a big learning experience but hard work pays off just stay focused and patient

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks for the encouraging words jdubz401. Everything is going great. First two runs will be in Ebb & Grow buckets. Then 25% of my lights ( 10 of 1000k ) will be used to get my feet wet with the UC.

Really excited this week as we are about to turn the switch and lights on for that matter with our new 10 Ton Hydro Innovations Water Cooled system we purchased from www.watercooledgardens.com

I also placed a call to Quantum9, inquiring about their consulting services to teach me how to be the best newbie UC grower i can be first time around.

I love learning about growing :)

Thanks again for your positive contribution :)

Top Bottom