7 Unknown Varieties.

• Thread starter SodaLicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So a little update, I think today is around day 14 flower. They are responding well to Kool Bloom Liquid, buds starting to form up nice. I decided to leave the MH 600 in for the first 2 weeks, I switched it out last night for another one of the black eye's. Like I said before I have them, might as well use them right? Can't afford new bulbs right now so thats what they get.

Feeding everyday 1500ml each. Nutrients: 7ml Micro, 3ml Grow, 14ml Bloom, 15ml Diamond, 10ml Liquid Kool Bloom, PH @ 5.7.

End of Week 2 005

C

Chipper Pig

Hello there Soda. Your plants are looking healthy mate. I did notice that you have no shade on that 6ooMH. Wondering if there is a reason? You would get a lot more out of the light if you can direct it's rays down onto your plants. I hope you get your cuttings sorted:)

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I have a few different kinds of shades. I have found that once they stop stretching, I like to lower the light down between the plants. With the shade it keeps too much heat at the tops of the plants. Also with the HPS Bulbs, they have a long arc tube and the light comes out at a V from the long tube, there is not much light directly below the bulb although it is bright. I've found by lowering the lights into the plants they get nice side lighting and more even distribution over the branches.

I believe that with the MH like you said, I could benefit from putting it in a parabolic shade for vegging. I might do this next round for sure, or even towards the end I might run another 600 with a MH in it.

C

Chipper Pig

I see where ya coming from Soda. Running a MH during flowering would be good. I currently have 2x130 CFL's(6400 kelvin) hanging with 2x400HPS in my grow. Just to see how blending light spectrums goes. Currently at day 22 of flower.

Glab120

Glab120

I never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion, I've always used floros 40 wat 2 bulb fixture 48" long..... what kind of t5 are you talking about?

from your pic it looks like your using standard t8 style floros (the type sold at casa depot) these can be too bright for cutting. t5 are not as intense and work very well. any grow shop sells them plus they use less power

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

from your pic it looks like your using standard t8 style floros (the type sold at casa depot) these can be too bright for cutting. t5 are not as intense and work very well. any grow shop sells them plus they use less power

I am confused a little. I thought that t5's were brighter and better to grow plants with than t8's? I chose the t8's cause they are cheap and easy to get.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I see where ya coming from Soda. Running a MH during flowering would be good. I currently have 2x130 CFL's(6400 kelvin) hanging with 2x400HPS in my grow. Just to see how blending light spectrums goes. Currently at day 22 of flower.

And how do they look at day 22 with the added light compared to last grow?

C

Chipper Pig

And how do they look at day 22 with the added light compared to last grow?

I have pics in my diary, Soda. "The PIG is in flower" is the name. I have two grows going both turned at the same time, one with a 600HPS and 10.0 UVB light and the other being the one above. The room with both CFL and HPS have got better flower development on them, but the two rooms have different strains in them also.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So I built a clone machine. I used a 5 gal rubber maid tote, and some air stones. I used one of those big foam puzzle pieces you use to cover a concrete floor, and my whole saw.

The 7 clones I took a month back, 3 survived and grew roots. The plant I took them from was not healthy at all, but I did have some nice shoots I thought would work. Guess not. 2 of the 3 are still in cubes. I ripped the third cube open gently to see if any roots where forming on it. No roots but some bumps, stem doesn't look very nice. So I thought what the heck, throw it in the cloning machine!!! Well overnight them bumps pushed out a couple roots!!

Before sending the 7 unknown into flower, I trimmed all the very bottom shoots off every plant, I labeled them all as to which plant they came from, I managed to get 5 off of each the sativa sisters, and around 2 or off the other 4 plants. Well they ALL have roots now!! I soaked my cubes in Clonex at the directions on the bottle, for 24hrs not a minute longer. I then gently squeezed them all out and widened the hole with a pen. I then re-cut each clone under water at 45 and dipped into Clonex Cloning Gel and placed into the cubes. I pressed some of the rockwool against the stems, but not every cube. I thought maybe this was the reason the other 7 never had success. I then placed the dome over them, and have opened it for a few seconds each day while gently blowing air over the tray of cuttings. I also kept the cuttings much closer together in the tray, and never used the egg crate. They are pushing out beautiful white fuzzy roots. Now I need to build my Veg Buckets tomorrow night!! Need to veg these girls slowly in a DWC until Haloween.

Glab120

Glab120

I am confused a little. I thought that t5's were brighter and better to grow plants with than t8's? I chose the t8's cause they are cheap and easy to get.

sry for the confusion. i belive the issue with the t8 lights, is that to be effective for plant growth the light needs to be very close to the plants. if you put the t8 is to close it will burn the cuttings and to far away the plants cant absorb the light effectively. t5s are all around better and solves these problems.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Decided to hold off on the Veg buckets and placed the 10 nicest cuttings into 4" rockwool cubes. I am going to try and establish a lot of roots before I put them into the mesh pots in my RDWC. I also have placed the remaining cuttings in their cubes right into my new Bubble Cloner. They are liking it very much. Pictures tonight.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

update: Around day 22 or so... The farm was down so these were takin 2 days ago I believe.

DSCF1968

DSCF1970
DSCF1972
DSCF1980

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Having some small deficiencies i think. I have a picture I'd love some input on.

Leaf problem Copy

squiggly

squiggly

Having some small deficiencies i think. I have a picture I'd love some input on.

View attachment 257280

Looks like a sulfur deficiency to me:

Purple leaf stem
Intraveinal yellowing
Looks to be on older growth

I'd also be on the lookout for an N deficiency.

For the sulfur:

Feed some sulfur source, and bring your pH down to 5.5-6

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Day 37 or so

Things are coming along nicely, I don't think any of the strains are real keepers, but it isn't over yet. One of the strains seems to be showing signs of DEF or lockout. Not sure. The others are doing well with no signs as of yet. On to the pictures.

DSCF2061
DSCF2062
DSCF2065
DSCF2072

smokey79

smokey79

loss n try water for few days then put in medium, colour tinted for h2o and warm out of direct light works for me

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So ya another incomplete grow log, sorry! yield was 308.2. seed's 1 through 3 taste like berry's and cream, very compact buds. The sativa's 1 and 2 were almost identical. I left number 2 flower for an additional 2 weeks, it only gained 5 more grams. The buds are minty/skunky/fruity all in one. Very fluffy, an ounce looks like 3.

Latest posts

Top Bottom