7 weeks into flower , Ready to Harvest ?

• Thread starter jamesmost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jamesmost

3 strains
Don carlos
Chem dog
Ice cool(sour d )

Exactly 7 weeks since flipped.
Was hoping to flush for a week or 2
First time put scope on it...

What ya think ?

7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 2
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 3
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 4
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 5
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 6
7 weeks into flower   ready to harvest 7
Eledin

Eledin

Full plant pics will help, looks like it could be close.
Also dont flush, just reduce feed amount and feed til harvest.
Isnt it recommended to not flush only if youre using organics? Im asking because I see a lot of debate about this topic, maybe you have some evidence that I can use because Im still flushing my plants even with organics (but 1 week or less instead of 10-12 days) but I know that flushing and not giving nutes might lead to smaller buds but Im afraid that not flushing will leave a bad taste. When I was using synthetic or not fully organic nutrients I could swear that they were more bitter when I missed the time for flushing properly. Im confused.

Eledin

Eledin

3 strains
Don carlos
Chem dog
Ice cool(sour d )

Exactly 7 weeks since flipped.
Was hoping to flush for a week or 2
First time put scope on it...

What ya think ?
It depends, if you want more of a cerebral sativa high people harvest around 10% amber and mostly cloudy. People who want a more balanced high might wait until 30% amber, also depending on the strain your trichomes might need more time than just 10% amber to turn milky but it doesnt seem to be the case with yours, little ambar but mostly cloudy trichomes, I dont see many clear ones. Honestly? I harvested weed at that point many times, but with some strains I have to wait more because there's many clear trichomes. Its up to you, if you want sativa cerebral high its ready or almost ready, if you want a balanced high let it go for more amber and if you want more of a indica couch lock effect go for 30-50% amber. This is because THC degrades into CBN inside the amber trichomes, which has similar effects to CBD. Also I agree, full pictures would help but I see that most trichomes are ready anyway, you will always have some clear ones.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Isnt it recommended to not flush only if youre using organics? Im asking because I see a lot of debate about this topic, maybe you have some evidence that I can use because Im still flushing my plants even with organics (but 1 week or less instead of 10-12 days) but I know that flushing and not giving nutes might lead to smaller buds but Im afraid that not flushing will leave a bad taste. When I was using synthetic or not fully organic nutrients I could swear that they were more bitter when I missed the time for flushing properly. Im confused.
Flushing does nothing for finishing a plant organics or synthetic, plant knows no difference between the 2.
Flushing is for salt buildup, lockout, or ph issues, and toilets.

You cant flush nutrients out of a plant thats why flushing for harvest is not needed at all.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Lower the phosphorus potassium and up the calcium the last week essentially its a waste of nutes and money. But yeah don't really need to flush a week. Looks about done a week or so

Eledin

Eledin

Flushing does nothing for finishing a plant organics or synthetic, plant knows no difference between the 2.
Flushing is for salt buildup, lockout, or ph issues, and toilets.

You cant flush nutrients out of a plant thats why flushing for harvest is not needed at all.
I know that you cant flush nutrients out of a plant, but if the substrate has nutrients the plant will keep taking them, thats the point of flushing, stoping the plant from taking more nutrients from the soil, and salts as you said. But again, maybe Im missing something. One of the tastier and smoother weeds that I had was flushed for 1 week and the leaves started turning yellow right when the trichomes ripened. I get it, its risky to start flushing too soon, if the plant starts taking nutes from the leaves and its not ready yet, its not good, but other than that Im not sure about not flushing.

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I know that you cant flush nutrients out of a plant, but if the substrate has nutrients the plant will keep taking them, thats the point of flushing, stoping the plant from taking more nutrients from the soil, and salts as you said. But again, maybe Im missing something. One of the tastier and smoother weeds that I had was flushed for 1 week and the leaves started turning yellow right when the trichomes ripened. I get it, its risky to start flushing too soon, if the plant starts taking nutes from the leaves and its not ready yet, its not good, but other than that Im not sure about not flushing.
All i know is i dont flush. Im not one for a debate on it either lol 🤣
Its gone on too long imo and just needs to be forgotten lol.

Eledin

Eledin

All i know is i dont flush. Im not one for a debate on it either lol 🤣
Its gone on too long imo and just needs to be forgotten lol.
Aww okay, so I guess its still not clear, its just a matter of what people think they work for them right? I was hoping for maybe a study that I missed or something.

Eledin

Eledin

Looking great! Seems like they are still fattening tho. I would also wait a week or two, maybe even more depending on how they look at that point. The ones in the back look closer to harvest time. Keep us updated!

J

jamesmost

That's the plan 2 more weeks,gonna go strait h20 no nutes.... and do a quick flush in next couple days

E

elusiveshame

Aww okay, so I guess its still not clear, its just a matter of what people think they work for them right? I was hoping for maybe a study that I missed or something.
Not flushing will also work for those that do flush. All you’re doing is removing nutrients from the soil. Those nutrients still exist in the leaves, which is where it’ll just pull from next (if it hasn’t already started - that’s why folks say just use straight water - since you’re just kind of wasting nutrients at that point).

Unless your plant is showing signs of toxicity or deficiency, there’s zero reason to flush.

All these outdoor growers - you think they’re flushing the earth? That right there should tell you all you need to know.

J

jamesmost

Not flushing will also work for those that do flush. All you’re doing is removing nutrients from the soil. Those nutrients still exist in the leaves, which is where it’ll just pull from next (if it hasn’t already started - that’s why folks say just use straight water - since you’re just kind of wasting nutrients at that point).

Unless your plant is showing signs of toxicity or deficiency, there’s zero reason to flush.

All these outdoor growers - you think they’re flushing the earth? That right there should tell you all you need to know.
I like to go 2 weeks strait water. That's what plant is drinking
I just swapped reservoirs, strait h2o as of 8am 2morro

E

elusiveshame

I like to go 2 weeks strait water. That's what plant is drinking
I just swapped reservoirs, strait h2o as of 8am 2morro

Right on. And that makes sense! I’m nearing the end of my grow - I just did a final low dose feeding and will be using water only here on out in my reservoirs as well (though I’m within a few days to a week from chopping, so not quite as long as you’re going with straight water)

J

jamesmost

Right on. And that makes sense! I’m nearing the end of my grow - I just did a final low dose feeding and will be using water only here on out in my reservoirs as well (though I’m within a few days to a week from chopping, so not quite as long as you’re going with straight water)
I'll pull at 20% amber ... somay be 1 -2 week strain specific

breedwheel

breedwheel

The only reason to flush is when you are a week from harvest and run out of nutrients. There aren't too many things in nature that get "better" when you starve them. Even if they are dying...

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Im sure there is a study somewhere, im not the guy to find it though.

Lets get @Aqua Man maybe he has a study or article link somewhere. Dudes a walking book of knowledge.

Top Bottom