70 amps?

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

so i just had an licensed electrician come over (old buddy from high school) and he looked at what i had going on in my room and my fuse panel and what not. and he says he can get me another panel in my grow room that will be rated at 70 amps, and he said he will put 4 220 plugs and 4 110 plugs, and another 220 plug for AC.

will 70 amps be enough to power my entire budding room? the future will be five lights a 24k btu mini split and a MPB setup so chillers and pumps and what not...

think i should give him the okay if my estimate is reasonable?

B

Bobby Smith

70 amps could run 2 (more likely 3) of the setups that you're proposing.

J

jakew215

fuck yeah!

so i can still possibly do a 9 light setup too?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Jake,
I say the panel will work, but in no way 2-3 times over. I have a 23k mini split. it has a 30A breaker. 5 1k's = another 22.5A worth of current. I run another 30A breaker. Then you have chillers, 1/2hp = 4.5A (110v). I would say that you are ok for the five. 9k, the lights would be over 40A alone, not to mention the cooling (24k not enough) for that wattage. So... If 5k is your plan, then you should be good. 9k, you gotta go bigger.

J

jakew215

good deal, thats all i was really expecting, i think if i move to that many lights ill be moving into a little warehouse or something of that sort.

thanks for your input guys. appreciate all the help. my grow op is growing by the day...

and a random side note: why the hell are yo yo's more expensive then those ratcheting light holders? its like they are SO much easier to use! imo... lol and they are 4 bucks cheaper, got a handful more of em today lol. im in love, i think i like growing weed more than i like smoking weed. (if thats possible) its addicting.

F

fuzzy

watts-amps

Dont mean to jack your thread,but i was wondering the same thing about.How many watts can you put on a 20amp circuit? peace,fuzzy

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Great info, totally agree. The 24k min-split won't cost you much either. my 12k on 110 is 9.8 amp and my 36k on 220 is 19 amps. If I remember correctly over 18k and you get 220 only. The only advice I have is get a big panel but I'm sure your bro will take care you.

J

jakew215

Dont mean to jack your thread,but i was wondering the same thing about.How many watts can you put on a 20amp circuit? peace,fuzzy

Its hard to say exactly, i had 2000 watts split between a 1000 600 and a 400. which was WELL over 15 max amps and i still have yet to flip a breaker. its really hard to say though, depends if you have fans and what not running at the same time off the same circuit. it usually has your max amps rating on the ballast, like my 1000 pulls 9.5 @ 110 and like 4.7 @ 220. so kinda just do the math i guess. two one thousands is probably all id want to run a 20amp service. but im sure you could get away with more.

Great info, totally agree. The 24k min-split won't cost you much either. my 12k on 110 is 9.8 amp and my 36k on 220 is 19 amps. If I remember correctly over 18k and you get 220 only. The only advice I have is get a big panel but I'm sure your bro will take care you.

i told him i want everything so i can still expand on it. i told him to install a ton of emtpy breakers so i can hook up a bigger light controller or something down the road. im excited to get that finished im tired of extension cords everywhere...

J

jakew215

Weed is not addictive, but growing it is VERY addictive.

word128609901771192448.jpg

Top Bottom