70% fulvic acid

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I was wondering if you use this product what is the % and what are you paying by weight. JK

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
forgive my ignorance, is that the name( 70% fulvic acid)

confu

tweedy

tweedy

A little confused as well but a local peat supplier is hooking me up with about $1.50 a gallon. Dude is not marketing it yet though so no guaranteed analysis and I'm sure prices will go up when he starts to have to jump through labeling hoops.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Damn! Out of stock. Good tip though.

J

Jalisco Kid

Ok Thanks, I was more curious about local shops. I was paying 350 for 50 lbs delivered. JK

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

I also buy it in powder form. cheaper, lasts longer more bang for your buck.

oregonized

oregonized

Most likely the powdered form is leonardite? basically the lowest form of peat coal. I am lucky enough to be able to self harvest. Find it along streambanks and grind it right up.

Basically, commercial operations due the same, just on a much bigger level and hence much bigger price.

Redux

Redux

I dunno how a company can produce a 70% fulvic acid powder at that price. I'm getting used to the forum here and probably a better thread on this subject elsewhere. The main reason, from what I understand, that CA does not allow any label claims for fulvic content is up until recently there was no generally accepted method, such as AOAC, to determine fulvic acid content. When I sat with Dr. Faust at BioAg he said his liquid Ful-Power product had a fulvic content in the PPM range and he's one of the world's experts in humic/fulvic acids. So when a company claims 70% fulvic I'd like to see the test results. A&L Western Agriculture Labs told me if I could supply an acceptable method for testing fulvic acid content they'd love to see it. I know Lawrence Mayhew and his group was working on getting a method accepted by the AOAC a few years back and should be in place by now. Maybe I'm just way behind the times. Still would like to see an analysis.

N

nightmarecreature

I'd be careful with that stuff. It's like steroids. It wont burn your plants directly but it can cause your plant to uptake to much N and burn the crap out of them or lock them up. I use humic acid only in my nutes and Fulvic as a foliar once a week.

Lowman

Lowman

I used powdered fulvic once...and it wouldn't drop my PH. Any liquid fulvic I have used dropped my PH....do these powders from MBnutes and Kelp4less drop the PH?

J

Jalisco Kid

I dunno how a company can produce a 70% fulvic acid powder at that price. I'm getting used to the forum here and probably a better thread on this subject elsewhere. The main reason, from what I understand, that CA does not allow any label claims for fulvic content is up until recently there was no generally accepted method, such as AOAC, to determine fulvic acid content. When I sat with Dr. Faust at BioAg he said his liquid Ful-Power product had a fulvic content in the PPM range and he's one of the world's experts in humic/fulvic acids. So when a company claims 70% fulvic I'd like to see the test results. A&L Western Agriculture Labs told me if I could supply an acceptable method for testing fulvic acid content they'd love to see it. I know Lawrence Mayhew and his group was working on getting a method accepted by the AOAC a few years back and should be in place by now. Maybe I'm just way behind the times. Still would like to see an analysis.

I will ask,I remember getting a safty sheet but nothing else. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

@Redux
This is what they sent me,little slow getting back to you but this is as quick as I can move down here. JK
FULVIC ACID METHOD

The Method Principle

Fulvic acid is extracted by acid in a sample, in strong acid medium, with excessive fulvic acid potassium dichromate oxidation and a surplus of potassium dichromate; using standard solution of ammonium ferrous sulfate titration.
2, instruments and equipment
commonly used laboratory instruments and equipment
3, reagents and solutions
(1) potassium dichromate standard solution: 0.01666 mol/L, with capacity method for the determination of total HA corresponding steps.
(2) The potassium dichromate (GB642) solution: 0.1333 mol/L, weigh and 40 g potassium dichromate dissolved in 1 liter, stored in a small bottle mouth. Set aside.
(3) sulfate (GB625)
(4) adjacent phenanthroline (GB1293) indicator.
(5) ammonium ferrous sulfate standard solution: C [Fe2 +] = 0.1 mol/L.
4, determination of steps
(1) accurate samples according to the sample of 0.2 ~ 0.5 g (depending on the content, accurate to 0.0002 g) in a 250 ml Erlenmeyer flask of 0.25 mol/L (2.5%) of 50 ml - H2SO4 solution (70 ml) or 0.1% - H2SO4 solution bottle inserts a small glass funnel in 45 ~ 100 ℃ water bath heating 0.5 ~ 1 h, intermittent shake Erlenmeyer flask, take out after cooling filter into 250 ml volumetric flask and residue washing solution to colorless, and finally the capacity to scale (extraction with 0.1% - H2SO4, at the same time with 0.1% sulfuric acid constant volume)
(2) from the solution 5 ml (such as fulvic acid content < 10% when take 10 ml), in the middle of 250 ml Erlenmeyer flask, add 0.1333 mol/L, 5 ml potassium dichromate, thick H2SO415ml, boil 0.5 h in the boiling water soluble, cool to room temperature, with 50 to 60 ml water, adjacent phenanthroline indicator 2 ~ 4 drops, with 0.1 mol, ammonium ferrous sulfate standard solution titration to the orange red to green to red wine is the end point.At the same time as a blank test.
(3) the results calculated
(23) 2 -
Type: where V0 - that are consumed in the titration blank ammonium ferrous sulfate standard solution, ml;
V - ammonium ferrous sulfate standard solution titration sample consumption, ml;
M - standard ferrous ammonium sulfate solution concentration, mol/l.
G - the sample weight, G;
C - the carbon coefficient of fulvic acid, desirable calculation of 0.48 ~ 0.50, preferably before was not uniform according to their own raw material test.
Illustration:
(2) This method is suitable for the raw material coal medium yellow rot acid content, excluding other acid soluble organic matter of fulvic acid products. For outside also contain fulvic acid soluble organic matter product need beforehand will both separation, otherwise the result is not really the content of fulvic acid.

Redux

Redux

Forgot about this thread. I'm pretty much off this and other forums. I'm not a chemist yet looks like some sort of visual type colormetric analysis. Don't know if that's the correct term for exactly what they are doing. Isn't Squiggy(?) the chemist here? He should know.

Here's a link to BioAg's brochure on Ful-Power Humic: and in that they say "We use IHSS standard analytical methods including column chromatography using XAD-8 resin." Honestly I think they used to use a DAX resin column then changed. I believe they went to XAD before I even started talking to Lawrence Mayhew about the method he and the industry leaders he put together finished their project. I think though they ended up with something similar to what Bio-Ag is using. It's been a few years since talking to Lawrence and have forgotten a lot of the specifics. I do however remember that I never discussed something like the method you posted with anyone in the fulvic acid industry. Sometimes you can use a certain method which will give a nice high result and sort of 'fudge' what your product actually is. Not saying that's what's happening here. I don't believe the IHSS method was AOAC approved. Like I said it's been a long time and a lot has happened since I dealt with this stuff.

I'm just surprised there's a 70% dry fulvic acid product at that price. Nothing more I can add. Thx for following up. Someone here can always call BioAg as a prospective customer and ask some questions about their product, 70% dry products, how to accurately verify fulvic acid content and the above method you posted compared to something like they use. I've bugged manufacturers enough over the years :D

J

Jalisco Kid

You should check out the prices in India and China. JK

Redux

Redux

I don't trust much of anything that comes out of India or China ;). Not saying you can't find good products inexpensively compared to something from a US manufacturer. One of the main reasons I brought up the testing methodology is is the product really 70%? From what I see that's not an industry accepted test method so how accurate is it? Also how is the material produced? I've come across many that say the typical acid/alkaline extraction process for humic acid denatures it. One company I know of tested their nano particle sized whole leonardite against some humic acid extracts in a field trial and their whole product out performed the extracts.

Anyway I've beaten this subject up enough :wtf:. If it works for you and you're happy with the pricing that's all that really matters.

Mogrow

Mogrow

I don't trust much of anything that comes out of India or China ;). Not saying you can't find good products inexpensively compared to something from a US manufacturer. One of the main reasons I brought up the testing methodology is is the product really 70%? From what I see that's not an industry accepted test method so how accurate is it? Also how is the material produced? I've come across many that say the typical acid/alkaline extraction process for humic acid denatures it. One company I know of tested their nano particle sized whole leonardite against some humic acid extracts in a field trial and their whole product out performed the extracts.

Anyway I've beaten this subject up enough :wtf:. If it works for you and you're happy with the pricing that's all that really matters.
go to see you on the boards cc.
hope all is well.

Top Bottom