7k 8plant Purple Kush sealed NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Welcome all...

I wanted to start this journal is hopes to show that a guy with very little growing experience, no hydro, vertical growing or sealed room experience can build this system and really knock it out once dialed in. I feel DD and other members here have answered pretty much every question needed to get anyone started. I have a few runs under my belt in soil but had a partner to teach me… This will be the first grow on my own. I actually feel very confident I can pull it off and really dial in this system after growing pk for a year or so mpb style… we shall see.

I am in the process of building my flower room but figured I would start my journal earlier than planned to get some help in the process. I plan to finish my veg room first, throw the girls in, giving me 2-3 weeks at least to finish off the flower room.

The room will be a 7k, 8plant, sealed.

Now let’s get on to some questions…

I built a sub floor that is 15’x30’ in a basement that has a dirt floor to begin with. Floor is finished but I am unsure of the exact size to make the flower room. I was going to use the extra space to frame out a veg and drying room adjacent to the flower room.

My light/plant placement is…

P L P
L P L
P L P
L P L
P L P

Seems like everyone who is doing similar placement are getting away with a 10’ wide room. So is 10’ wide enough for purple kush? I ask because I have yet to grow any kush strains. I plan to make the room length larger then needed for expansion later but would like any insight from anyone growing purple kush tree style. I have never grown purple kush before, that’s why I’m asking.

I am going out today to get everything I need for my veg room. Planning to veg out 10 and keep the best 8. Is there a proven veg technique that everyone has somewhat agreed is the best? I was planning to just do a top drip but unsure of the frequency with the rock wool. I have also read here that the roots mat up on the bottom of the 6x6 cubes… also heard complaints about the rock wool getting to wet once in the mbps with the top feeds. Is the 6x6 rock wool cubes still what everyone is running.

Any insight on a cheap veg setup is much appreciated.

I will take pics tonight of the process of room framing and post them hopefully by tomorrow.

G

GBOOST

10' seems to be the usual for 3 wide, so plant/light/plant or light/plant/light, more width will give you room to walk down the sides for inspection if you have th extra to spare.

Ozzie

mikeross

mikeross

Your not youngdro are you????

mc

Nope, but I do recall reading his journal during my research. I think he is still around though. Any reason why you would think I am him lol... This has happend 3 times on 2 different forums. Maybe its the screen name... who knows.

10' seems to be the usual for 3 wide, so plant/light/plant or light/plant/light, more width will give you room to walk down the sides for inspection if you have th extra to spare.

Ozzie

Thanks for the reply. I was actually wondering why no one was replying. Anyways I decided to make the room 11 x 24... Its way over size but i figured I had the extra space and would like to do a 12 lighter eventually.

Will get a few pics up tomorrow... nothing special just the framing portion of the room is completed but IMO, by far the hardest part.

mikeross

mikeross

Thanks,

Im actually gonna scape this journal until I can start the first post of my journal with tons of pics. I tried taking pics of the framing then realize my camera will no long hold a charge.

Anyways, i changed the size of the room. It is now 14.5 x 20. I did this to allow more plants but am keeping the light layout.

new layout... 7k with 14 plants
x
xox
xoxox
xox
xoxox
xox
x

T

TwoCreeks

My 4k room is 11' x 12' and it looked like quite a bit of room in the beginning when I first put girls in.......
Six weeks later it is pretty maxed out and moving around is problematic.....Good luck, and leave yourself some room!

mikeross

mikeross

should have a camera by the weekend and will get some shots up.

I found a place that sells the mag drive pumps and ap-100 air pumps for dirt cheap today so I am gonna run 4 1800gph pumps plus a 1200.

3 1800's feeding 14 buckets
1 1800 for a 27/7 top drip
1 1200 for a 1/2hp ecoplus chiller

I sold my old a/c setup and picking up a 3 fan keep rite water cooled a/c unit.

T

TwoCreeks

One other thing, I've not seen purple kush done indoors, but I've seen several outdoors lately, and they have all been big, very wide, and very bushy. If they act indoors like the ones I've been seeing outdoors, they will occupy some space.....

mikeross

mikeross

My friends garden yeilded 11.2# properly dried and trim pk off 6 lights, flat garder soil grow. The nugs looked and smoked amazing. I should not have any problems hitting 2 per light with this pk cut I have.

Again we shall see. There is a lot of "firsts" in this new setup, so if i only hit half my goal of 14lbs of pk I will still be happy and know it will only get better from there.

T

t7rln

should have a camera by the weekend and will get some shots up.

I found a place that sells the mag drive pumps and ap-100 air pumps for dirt cheap today so I am gonna run 4 1800gph pumps plus a 1200.

3 1800's feeding 14 buckets
1 1800 for a 27/7 top drip
1 1200 for a 1/2hp ecoplus chiller

I sold my old a/c setup and picking up a 3 fan keep rite water cooled a/c unit.

Care to share your 'dirt cheap' source?

t7

stickyicky

stickyicky

My friends garden yeilded 11.2# properly dried and trim pk off 6 lights, flat garder soil grow. The nugs looked and smoked amazing. I should not have any problems hitting 2 per light with this pk cut I have.

Again we shall see. There is a lot of "firsts" in this new setup, so if i only hit half my goal of 14lbs of pk I will still be happy and know it will only get better from there.

Everything sounds good! 2+ of purple kush off 6 lights? Must be some super strain or something. I can't seem to pull anything close to that off w PK. More power to you homie.

Looking forward to following this one.

Good Luck,
w/ the camera.

600gph

600gph

You gotta be young dro....Except for DD most mpbers have taken a few runs to get close to that 2+

mc

mikeross

mikeross

Well my friend does less than 1 week veg in a flood and drain setup sog setup... I dont know the exact numbers but there is close to 150 plants per 4x8 table running 3 tables.

who the hell is youngdro and why am i being mistaken for him?

mikeross

mikeross

Care to share your 'dirt cheap' source?

t7

jl aquatics in burnaby,bc. They also sell ecoplus 1/2 chillers for under 1000 and carry hiblow 80 for 380. the 1800/1200 danner pump is 170/145 and if you buy a bunch of stuff the prices are even lower.

A

amstercal

Hey Mike-- In my experience with PK it yielded about .9 per light vegging 3+ weeks in hydro buckets. Granted some heat problems caused some stress and little bit of root rot toward the end--had to upgrade a/c--so it definitely could have been a better run, but nowhere near 1.8 per light like your buddy.

Even if we use your friend's ratio of light/yield, you'd still only hit 13. And I'm guessing either your friend has things seriously dialed in or has a cut you need to pass on to the rest of us!

Youngdro had a plan to build something similar and had goals that I at least thought unrealistic. If you read the grow journals of most of the more successful growers here, they tend not to try to predict yield too much, and if they do, it's based on a lot of experience. A new strain can cause unforeseen difficulties, let alone a new room, let alone just random chance. The more you read here, the more you will see there are millions of difficulties than can arise.

People here seem really cool about wanting people to succeed and so always encourage realistic goals. Your idea of half that seems like a much more attainable goal, IMVHO. Good luck and can't wait to see your room!

A

antimatter

2 per light with pk is some 5x5 magnum xxl sog shit, good luck. :animal0057:

R

RMCG

who the hell is youngdro and why am i being mistaken for him?

A cocky little shit that was run off from these forums.

Never grown a thing in his life, expecting to pull 2#/light on his first run.

Top Bottom