8 Site High Performance Under Current For $300 Or Less

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

I scrapped my filter.the only thing I would have issue with is hydroton rocks.i eliminated that issue by sifting the rocks in a basket first and letting all the little shit fall through.dont have issues anymore.but yeah the filters are worthless.
I put a piece of t shirt on the return line that dumps into the control bucket and put a rubberband around it.it catches all the organic shit.i clean it out once a week and that's it.

DGP

DGP

My results from the latest grow in this UC system are here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/rdwc-undercurrent-cheesequake-f2-run.95097/page-2

Pretty much made 1 gram per watt and that is a new personal best:)

I am pretty much convinced that UC is one of the best hydro systems available. Aereoponcs/fogponics may be slightly better but not reliable enough for me. I am completely sold on UC now. I have only been growing a few years and for me this is a good harvest, hoping for a better yield each time....

Dee

DGP

DGP

Building a second system for my old veg room. Veg tent I currently have is just too small at 2X4'.

Dee

20180502 1858471

Slinging

Slinging

Do you have s parts list for this build. Looking in to building this system

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Very nice. I love DIY when the cost of off the shelf is a budget buster, but over the 5+ years that I have been growing either by HPA, or F & D, similar systems to yours have come way down. Personally, I prefer F & D as roots benefit from a down time (no liquid present) Looking at you root picture they lack tiny root hairs, which when present are much more efficient at gulping nutrients. Granted, getting them IS a delicate dance that takes some trial and error, but on a cellular level the cells close down when saturated, requiring some time to process and move the food up the plant. Only then are they ready for more

In my own DIY where my plants are < 4ft tall, I use 3 gallon totes at 2 per set up, BUT, they could be strung together ala UC style, significantly reducing the volume of nutrient needed to feed them

See pic of my DIY F & D, and also off the shelf PNP system that caught my eye $540 for full 6 site system, or $145 without

https://greenenvysupply.com/product/oxygen-pot-systems-6-site-xl-super-flow-digital/ If one already has the pumps: https://greenenvysupply.com/product/oxygen-pot-systems-super-flow-6-site-expansion-kit/

IMG 3024

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
bumpity bump bump @DGP any updates on your diy setup?. Been a few seconds

Hydr0 Salami

Hydr0 Salami

I got you, I see it now.
I’m used to working with swimming pool equipment , they have double gaskets. And I see it’s female threadeds on the inside and not slip on the smooth face side.
My bad for trying to correct you, your on it.
STR8

Ok @STR8 you were actually right in a way and so was I:). Here is the real deal on which way these assemble vs. which way that they have to assemble (at least in a UC hydro system):

1. The manufacturers method is technically correct but they seem to hold a seal either way as long as the gasket is on the fixed flange side (whether out or in). Ideally the seal would be on the water side so pressure is compressing it as opposed to on the outside where water can push against the seal directly.

2. If they are assembled the way they are meant to as in an aquarium, the buckets will be hopelessly stuck together cause even if the nut is removed you cant pull the flange out of the hole. So moving and cleaning would be near impossible.

So, in the end the best way is the way you suggested as long as the gasket is on the flange and the ribs are facing the flange.

Thanks for making me think thru this or I would have had a big problem!

Remaining parts are due today so I am excited to get it into testing.

Dee

Wassup guys, i never thought id be that guy to bring back an old thread, especially considering that i hate all forums about growing cannabis because there is endless amount of styles to grow and MOST people can't take constructive criticism and are flat out jerks. But you two literally made me register at 4:30 am here in Cali, mainly just to tell you guys that you are awesome and everyone on these forums should be respectful toward other peoples setup/style and vise-versa, be open minded and learn from those who are pointing you in the right direction. So thank you guys and now that im done preaching 🗣 while im here, i do have a couple questions on assembling an UC-RDWC which this thread inspired me to do. So i was just starting out to assemble a 4-site system with a res using 5 gallon round buckets (Damn i really wish i had known about square ones being way easier to seal) and i believe a 20 or 25 gallon tote for the res. What i don't understand is, whats the deal with the top-off Reservoir. So i haven't laid it out yet but i was going to do something very similar to this with 2" PVC with bulkheads (thread on inside with gasket, and with a slightly modified Toilet Flush Valve Gasket between the bucket and flange on the outside for extra seal. ( LOL, who would have ever thought that would Work like a charm! Gets rid of the whole dilemma that bulkheads don't seal good with round buckets) Sorry for all these extras, just want to do my best to get yall on the same page as me on what im trying to do. But where would a top off reservoir go with that setup and what should be connected to what? Thank you guys in advance,as this is my 2nd grow, 1st time doing hydro so i would appreciate any help i can get.

Flush Valve gasket
InkedAnnotation 2019 06 29 043809 LI
Hydr0 Salami

Hydr0 Salami

The top off res is just a larger res that has a hose going to a float valve in you master control bucket. Mount it higher so it willngravity feed your control bucket.
So if my control bucket is 20 or 25 gallons, cant remember, how big would it need to be like 40-50g? double? and seems like easiest way to connect to the float valve would be a simple garden hose, would that work?

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Hydr0 Salami I appreciate the kind words , but I don’t grow in a DWC so I couldn’t really help you there . But the man of the thread sure did help you quick .. looking good up in here @DGP ..

Gweedo

Gweedo

Mad props DGP this thread has been a game changer for me, currently building three of these type systems one personal and 2 for a commercial grow ill be charged with running, cant thank you enough for taking the time to post your info, and sticking with the thread this long

Latest posts

Top Bottom