8 X 315w Cmh 20x9x7 Let's Have Some Fun!

• Thread starter high420days
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
high420days

high420days

Supporter
Curious where you landed on the a/c? I've always thought you wanted 6k btu/1000w non air cooled so I would assume that the 2 ton would be plenty. I'm thinking I'm going to run a 1.5 ton for the 6 light room I'm designing. definitely following along for this ride though!!

Gonna rock the 2 ton I believe. Should be plenty for this room :)

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Alright so little text update while the reservoir is filling.

Taping and mudding went fine today. Ran out of expanding foam for sealing around floor so will have to run back out tomorrow.

Got a lot of stuff in from Amazon today. Unfortunately, I stripped the male end of the float valve so I went ahead and ordered the hydro logic float valve. Waste of $20. Oh well. Wish you all could've seen me getting sprayed in the face by a faulty connection; it was epic.

Soil, worms, compost bin, earthboxes, and a ton of other shit will be here tomorrow. Spent a few hours tonight making a hole in my garage big enough for a pallet. That was interesting lol.

Now I'm sitting, drinking a beer with the small boy running. Gonna fill to about 30 gal and head upstairs and call it a night. Looking forward to checking out this BAS order tomorrow and starting to fill some pots with plants.

HVAC and electrician are scheduled for 2/4. In the interim for veg, I'll be utilizing a shoddy old wine cellar that I hung 3 x 1000w in prior to deciding to build out a full room down here.

Picking up the rest of my lights tomorrow as well. Need to start painting too.

Can you tell I'm a bit overwhelmed?

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Oh, so evidently insulation works. I started sanding the outside of the room, which is exposed to my dehumidified basement. Went great. Went in the room, got on a milk crate and started working the ceiling...needless to say I've spent the last 15 mins fixing my fuckups. Ugh.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

Oh, so evidently insulation works. I started sanding the outside of the room, which is exposed to my dehumidified basement. Went great. Went in the room, got on a milk crate and started working the ceiling...needless to say I've spent the last 15 mins fixing my fuckups. Ugh.

lol you lost me. take a dab and keep your head on straight man! stoked for your setup, looks great man. Can't wait to see your results, I was planning on running 6 above 2 3x6 trays, would be cool if 2 did the job just fine!

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Couple more before shots. Stay tuned.

lol you lost me. take a dab and keep your head on straight man! stoked for your setup, looks great man. Can't wait to see your results, I was planning on running 6 above 2 3x6 trays, would be cool if 2 did the job just fine!

Haha head is on straight just been a long day. Mud isn't dried yet in the flower room was the point of that. As soon as I hit it with the sandpaper it cracked. So I've been back to mudding. Just wrapped up taking that dab you recommended and calling it a night. Tomorrow is going to be one long ass day.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Haha head is on straight just been a long day. Mud isn't dried yet in the flower room was the point of that. As soon as I hit it with the sandpaper it cracked. So I've been back to mudding. Just wrapped up taking that dab you recommended and calling it a night. Tomorrow is going to be one long ass day.
gonna be cool basement pal.good luck.

Freshone

Freshone

Better start thinking about dehumidification for that room unless it's not sealed,If the muds not drying already it's a given when you add plants it's going to have spikes.Multiple lights will require a commercial dehuey,I use quest myself.
I've never seen earthboxes used for weed myself but I do use bas soil but I just buy their kits and make my own,can't imagine the cost of shipping dirt!

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Better start thinking about dehumidification for that room unless it's not sealed,If the muds not drying already it's a given when you add plants it's going to have spikes.Multiple lights will require a commercial dehuey,I use quest myself.
I've never seen earthboxes used for weed myself but I do use bas soil but I just buy their kits and make my own,can't imagine the cost of shipping dirt!

Right on man got a dehu on its way! Honestly the shipping on the soil wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Cost less to get 1k lbs of dirt to RI from Colorado than it would cost me to fly out there lol.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Fuck, I absolutely hate painting.

About 70% of the way through it. Ran out of paint

Transplanted 4 weakest plants into 2 gals today. Some of my clones have been down there 2 weeks in solo cups lol. Let's see how this soil treats them...

Going to set up a couple more Earthboxes later...after a nap. Last couple nights have been super late for me. Desperately need some shut-eye.

Picked up my other 6 fixtures and all 8 bulbs today. Going to swap out my 1k MH's in flower for 315's and seal up the duct holes.

IMG 4504
Freshone

Freshone

Keep in mind you can order the bas nutrient/mineral kits and source the base ingredients very easily and it's cheaper,saves on shipping too.Always wondered about those earthboxes with weed so I'll follow along.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Keep in mind you can order the bas nutrient/mineral kits and source the base ingredients very easily and it's cheaper,saves on shipping too.Always wondered about those earthboxes with weed so I'll follow along.

Considered the kits and sourcing locally but timeline is key for me and to be honest I'd rather drop a couple hundred extra and have it dummyproof than do the work myself etc. I have ownership interests in 3 other businesses and a wife with 3 daughters so my time is my most valuable asset. Plus I have nowhere to mix a cubic yard of soil lol. Luckily this should be a one time expense and I'm just glad it's done now. All purchases are made just waiting for HVAC tech and electrician to come 2/4 but they're both paid. Finish painting, hang lights, and I can finally breathe a little. Ahhhhhhh

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Also, for anyone interested in how I set up my Earthbox...

Packed the corners that dip into the res tight with soil. Hit them with aloe water, added 2-3" soil, more aloe water, etc. until I was about 1" from the top. I then transplanted my clones out of solo cups just above the rim of the box, and mounded about 1" of Malibu compost on top. Inoculated rootzone with Rootwise Mycrobe Complete, put on the mulch cover, and that's it. Jeff at BAS recommended 3-7 days before adding water to res. Said to allow for some new growth and make sure plant is taking hold.

Just figured I'd post some details as I had about 6,000 questions for these guys before ditching bottles lol. House and Garden since 2009. Now microbes and organic material only.

Oh, one last thing. Was supposed to get my worm farm delivered today. UPS man came and went and alas, no worm farm. Called Amazon, and because they dropped the ball, they're overnighting me a Wormfactory 360 (which is about a $40 upgrade from the Vermihut) for less than I had paid for the Vermihut. Best customer service experience ever.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

You are correct - painting sucks!! Looking good tho, step by step! You h20 bottle on the floor needs a friend, like a 1/2 gal of Jack! :) Props and best wishes!! Derf

Latest posts

Top Bottom