80/20 perlite/soil

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TexasToka

Found it,Vol.7 issue7,the rev EYE SCHOOL-Rev writes-I use the horizontal 400-watt Eye blue metal halide bulbs in my gardens,and EYE is the manufacturer not Hortilux.Youcan get the Hortilux versions of the same Eye blue metal halide bulbs if u want 2 pay more 4 them,go 2 (Plantlighting Hydroponics)online and u can get the best deal i know of 4 these bulbs. The EYE bulbs are quite superior 2 any other ''Blue'' MH bulbs i have seen used 4 indoor veg/flower.Well worth the price in my experience;also never try and use ''conversion'' bulbs, as they lose overall lumens fast,all of them do,and i have tried out many. IM GONNA GET ME 1 EVENTUALLY

T

TexasToka

The Rev's Tips-Hps lighting works satisfactory,BUT if u want higher resin production(more potent) with a much wider range in smells and flavors that can b expressed,much more intensely,go with the EYE- BLUE METAL HALIDE bulbs, this advise is more related 2 all natural or organic growing in soil mixes because it is a fact that synthetic delivered nutes suppress and alter cannabis smells & flavors. COOL ARTICAL BRO:DBulbs r about 70 bucks Lex,not bad,that have more of tha blue spectrum

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

say lex, i read in Skunk magizine from Tha Rev. that he has had bettr success with veg & flower with HID bulbs specifically the brand" EYE-Blue metal halide"

I use a 600w HID and I should use MH for veg, but since I veg and flower at the same time I rather have the HPS in there. Its kinda hard to explain, but if you check out my grow you will see how I veg and bloom in the same closet. The reason I do it that way is because I only have space for 1 small growroom and I don't want a harvest every 3 months, I like harvesting every 6-8 weeks. I'm moving into a bigger apartment in a few months so I can upgrade to a 1000w HPS w/Adjust-A-Wing in a 4'x4' tent for bloom and a 600w MH in a 2'x4' tent for veg, then I can crank out close to 2 lbs. every 8 weeks plus harvest my outdoor girls every year :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The Rev's Tips-Hps lighting works satisfactory,BUT if u want higher resin production(more potent) with a much wider range in smells and flavors that can b expressed,much more intensely,go with the EYE- BLUE METAL HALIDE bulbs, this advise is more related 2 all natural or organic growing in soil mixes because it is a fact that synthetic delivered nutes suppress and alter cannabis smells & flavors. COOL ARTICAL BRO:DBulbs r about 70 bucks Lex,not bad,that have more of tha blue spectrum

Thanks for the good advice, I heard that more blue spectrum during the bloom cycle enhances smell, flavor and terpene production, but if used alone without HPS then your gonna be sacrificing yield because HPS is the biggest yielding spectrum on the market as of now. So its best to incorporate both HPS and MH during bloom, but you would need 2 seperate lights so when I upgrade I could do that but then I won't be able to harvest every 8 weeks because I would have to use both lights for 1 tent. Eventually I'll use 2 1000w lights (HPS + MH) for my bloom room, but right now I'm not gonna do it, thanks for the tips and when I upgrade I'll definately buy that EYE-Blue MH bulb for veg. Thanks alot bro.

T

TexasToka

think i had sum gnats screwing me around on my seedlings 2,bought sum ''Go Gnats'' 4 dem b-ouches

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey ya'll, I still wanna use the 80/20 mix, but I'm probably using hempy buckets and if I can't use the soil in hempy's then I'll just use pure perlite. The reason for this is watering, without the hempy mini-res at the bottom I'm gonna have to water like crazy and considering the fact that I hand water and use distilled water at $0.99/gallon, I'm not doing that, but the hempy buckets are basically the same thing I was thinking of without even knowing much about hempy's. The easiness of soil with hydro-like growth, I just have to do a lil more research before I make my decision on the medium.

What do you guys think, should I keep it traditional and use pure perlite or can I use the 80/20 perlite/soil mix??

T

TexasToka

I think i would use some soil,or peat?in case u miss a watering no killy

T

TexasToka

Say Lex,dont mean 2 crash ur thread but mybe u can help me,My MK Ultra that i thought hermed looks all male?Dont hermies have male/female parts & mybe TH gave me a reg seed?What u think brotha?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Say Lex,dont mean 2 crash ur thread but mybe u can help me,My MK Ultra that i thought hermed looks all male?Dont hermies have male/female parts & mybe TH gave me a reg seed?What u think brotha?

Yes, hermies always have female and male flowers, most of the time 1 sex shows itself before the other, but if it has male flowers go ahead and toss it, even if female parts show up its still garbage so theres no point of waiting to find out. That sucks, what seedbank is that??

T

TexasToka

Yes, hermies always have female and male flowers, most of the time 1 sex shows itself before the other, but if it has male flowers go ahead and toss it, even if female parts show up its still garbage so theres no point of waiting to find out. That sucks, what seedbank is that??
Attitude(TH seeds)

T

TexasToka

what if it stays all male?Want sum good pollen,but not herm pollen,no sign of female parts?Just sad 2 c it go, its so big and perty, plus OG Kush X G 13,:(think it could b a reg lex?

T

TexasToka

O,and i was thinking Lex,what r ur thoughts on trying that Jiffy Organic seed starting mix 4 ur grow,its drains & dries out pretty quick?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

what if it stays all male?Want sum good pollen,but not herm pollen,no sign of female parts?Just sad 2 c it go, its so big and perty, plus OG Kush X G 13,:(think it could b a reg lex?

If you bought feminised seeds and you grow that plant thru its entire bloom phase and it never shows 1 female bud or even a 1 pre flower then its a male, which means they put a reg seed in your batch. If you want the pollen then isolate him/he-she and grow it out, if it stays male and never hermies on you then it should have legit male pollen.

T

TexasToka

If you bought feminised seeds and you grow that plant thru its entire bloom phase and it never shows 1 female bud or even a 1 pre flower then its a male, which means they put a reg seed in your batch. If you want the pollen then isolate him/he-she and grow it out, if it stays male and never hermies on you then it should have legit male pollen.
YAH MON,lol,right,so far bro just balls and more balls,never grew a male out this large b4

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

TH seeds is tha name (Adam Dunn)is tha breeder

Ok, I don't know who he is and I never heard of his seedbank, but if you keep having problems like this with there seeds, you should consider buying from another breeder.

I usually don't listen to what people say when it comes to seedbanks, lets take GHS for example, I ALWAYS hear bad stuff about them and Arjan, but, all the seeds I bought from them had at least 90% germ rate and 0 hermies. So when it comes to seeds I go by my own experience. If I buy seeds and less then 90% germ and/or I get too many hermies when I know its not my fault, then I won't buy from them again. So your gonna have to use your own judgement and make the call whether or not you wanna buy from somebody that you just got a bad seed from.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

O,and i was thinking Lex,what r ur thoughts on trying that Jiffy Organic seed starting mix 4 ur grow,its drains & dries out pretty quick?

Thanks, but I'm probably just gonna go with the pure perlite hempy buckets. Check out my grow journal so you can see me do it in a few weeks.

Top Bottom