• Tagged users None
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I'll be in touch soon
Been very VERY busy lately
Too much shit to do and not enough time to do it

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

So cool news.. I'll be getting pollen from original seeds of 89' SSSC haze/South African.

This is the only thing I could find of the South African right now, I haven't looked for their pure haze line yet but I'd assume it has to do with sacred seeds.

Thank goodness for awesome folks posting these catalogs

View attachment 485394

So it'll be 89' (South African x pure haze) x 86' Skunk 1 :)

To my knowledge the seeds were acquired before 86' but were germinated in 86. So technically it's "pre 86 skunk 1" but whatever

Also I found a cool old pic of 80s skunk 1 that looks damn near just like my cut.. But I wanna find my pic I'm thinking of to compare it too first

I'll also be reversing it to some awesome other stuff...

the south african in the catalog you have here, is southafrican durban poison #34...the dp stands for durban poison...and yep gotta love the old catalogs...im sure some euro breeders still have stock piles of old beans...i used to have, and still can get access to a few of the sssc strains, including the m12, m27, m33, m35, m39...some are easier to find than others, some have since been renamed as well by idoits...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

the south african in the catalog you have here, is southafrican durban poison #34...the dp stands for durban poison...and yep gotta love the old catalogs...im sure some euro breeders still have stock piles of old beans...i used to have, and still can get access to a few of the sssc strains, including the m12, m27, m33, m35, m39...some are easier to find than others, some have since been renamed as well by idoits...

I would be all over that bro. Those are heirloom genetics for our "hobby" and should be preserved.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I would be all over that bro. Those are heirloom genetics for our "hobby" and should be preserved.
that may be some ppls goals....but my goals are to produce the BEST herbs....not just something because its old and rare to most ppl...

to me that would be like choosing to drive a ford model t instead of a bugatti veyron...i mean sure its vintage, but technology had brought us much further since them

to each their own, we all have different goals in life...i grown them, liked them, and moved on to better things, lol...one thing to remember with old sssc strains, they were bred for vigor, yeild and potency, flavor was not one of the traits they aimed for...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

LOL, I'd have to disagree with you on that
Not sure what you grew from the sssc catalog but there was some dank in those beans.
Most of those would hold their own against "modern" hybrids.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

LOL, I'd have to disagree with you on that
Not sure what you grew from the sssc catalog but there was some dank in those beans.
Most of those would hold their own against "modern" hybrids.
not saying it was bland tasting, im just saying their breeding practices had different goals than mine...i dont breed for plant vigor or yield, i breed for terps...so my goals are different than most and much different that of neville in the 80's...like i said, we all have our own personal tastes and likes...to each their own

waayne

waayne

how are they doing @waayne ?
@Shamus I planted 5 and got 4 males and 1 female
The female was culled today due to intersex traits.

All the males were big and vigorous.
I'll need to pop some more and hope for more females....

Shamus

Shamus

@Shamus I planted 5 and got 4 males and 1 female
The female was culled today due to intersex traits.

All the males were big and vigorous.
I'll need to pop some more and hope for more females....
Damn.. That only leaves a few beans.. Weird about the inter sex I didn't see any of that hopefully it doesn't pop up I already popped every bean I had of this cross.. Have about 10 females going into flower soon.. I'll have to get you some more skunk beans here then.. How about some Hollywood PK x skunk 1?? :p

texasjack

texasjack

70s Skunk
B48oNeY
BSjL8LS

Shamus

Shamus

@ OP sorry my bad. I meant to post on this skunk thread............

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/86-heirloom-skunk-1.60322/
lol same person, but all's good
how does she smoke?

these are DEFINITELY stronger than the skunk itself, one puff off a clean bowl and i was uncomfortably high. I've smoked the Headband pheno and the Peach gasoline pheno. ill have dry pics at some point

texasjack

texasjack

@Shamus
Very strong sativa hi...about 60/40 or so?. Smelled like old school skunk .My wife who doesn't smoke said it smelled like a skunk in the piney woods.She didn't stretch much maybe 25%. I have 2 going now about 2 wks into bud stretchin like crazy.

QllZjob

Shamus

Shamus

@Shamus
Very strong sativa hi...about 60/40 or so?. Smelled like old school skunk .My wife who doesn't smoke said it smelled like a skunk in the piney woods.She didn't stretch much maybe 25%. I have 2 going now about 2 wks into bud stretchin like crazy.

View attachment 505057
Yeah my skunk is rather variable as well.. She's really surprising me this round.. Never saw her in this low of humidity.. I'm not sure she'll even stretch 2x let alone like 3 she norm does.. Till week 4/5.. But yet finishes in about 45-50 days..

Shamus

Shamus

Just found about 10 more beans of these, i lost my skunk when the shit hit the fan.. i gave her to some folks locally, hopefully incan figure out how to get ahold of them.

but for now these 10 seeds, half of which being pre mature.. is the only thing left of my skunk.

So wish me luck guys

SourDank

SourDank

Just found about 10 more beans of these, i lost my skunk when the shit hit the fan.. i gave her to some folks locally, hopefully incan figure out how to get ahold of them.

but for now these 10 seeds, half of which being pre mature.. is the only thing left of my skunk.

So wish me luck guys
Sorry to hear that man, she was gorgeous. I hope you find something worthy

A

Adpadbro

You are lucky. I have been looking for the m39 from sssc for a few years. In 87 grew 20 seeds out of it and one pheno was short, chunky and smelled just like dead roadkill skunk. I have been looking for this strain to find that cut again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom