8k room...CO2/Enviroment Question

• Thread starter jay.alders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jay.alders

To start, I want to thank you guys for the information you fine people post for the newbies getting started. I have been off and on THC for random Q's but I have hit a huge wall and I really don't know what to do. So, here is the scoop.

Room is 21' x 16' x 9

-8k air cooled hoods
(Ballasts are not in the room)

-GEN2 CO 2 Burner

-12" Max Fan pulls air through a Carbon Filter and then an ozone generator to exhaust the room.

-12" MAx Fan (a different fan) is hooked up for intake because I thought I might need to cool air during the winter for the heat and I lacked funds for an A/C, however I ran across a 24K BTU wall unit that I installed last week. I'm thinking that I might need to alter this design, but the babes need to get started ASAP.

-System will be drain to waste with a mix of 2 bags FF Ocean/ 1 bag Vital Earth Manna blend to supplement and lighten the mix.

-70 pint de-humidifier

My goal is to run my co2 for 2 hours or so and then exhaust for 5 min. to exchange the air. My problem is that I do not want my co2 active while I exhaust because of the size of the GEN2. Propane is expensive and while some people have told me the waste will be minimal, they don't pay my propane bill.

I was looking into the CACO24 controller by C.A.P. but the unit is $400 plus another $400 for the monitor. This sucks, but I can afford it as long as it will work. A buddy of mine told me the unit was not successful in shutting the CO2 off while the exhaust is active even though C.A.P. claims that is what the unit will accomplish.

I am not sure what to do at this point. I was hoping for some feedback regarding my design as well as suggestions as to when I should "burp" the room. Also, I do not want humidity problems exchanging the air. I hate PM will an indescribable passion and I want the environment to support my cause in global annihilation of the white monster. Any feedback will help.

J

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Why the need to even burp the room? Just run it sealed.

P

primeform

seal the room if you have an AC. no intake or exhaust. run the co2 burner on a controller like a sentinel. good luck bro

J

jay.alders

Thank you for the responses. I think I might need to let go of the concept of "burping" the room. I think I will leave the exhaust as is to assist the de-humidifiers if needed. The intake I am thinking will become a scrubber but I am not sure where to pull air from. The ceiling makes the most sense to me. Yet, a friend told me co2 falls to the floor so he pulls air from the floor to create more circulation.

I'm so stoked. 2 Days until things get rolling!!! Thanks again guys.

j

Top Bottom