9 Pound Hammer Tga Genetics

• Thread starter titanium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

Best of luck with your hammer babes. I have a strain called Flying Hammer by Gage Green. Always have heard good words about Subcool's strains. I have some of his Third Dimension and Jack the Ripper that I need to try soon.

Cheers!

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Best of luck with your hammer babes. I have a strain called Flying Hammer by Gage Green. Always have heard good words about Subcool's strains. I have some of his Third Dimension and Jack the Ripper that I need to try soon.

Cheers!

Good luck, I ran through a pack of 3rd Dimension
Found a sandalwood pheno, the terpene profile was incredible
Kept her around for several runs;)

titanium

titanium

Ok, its dilemma time. First off I have no room for a veg or clone chamber. My cabinet size is 19 x 19 x 26" tall. Right now I have 5 regular seedlings at week 3. I have topped twice already. I dont really have the room for 5 plants to veg in this area. I just transplanted into 1 gal smart pots. I have a scrog screen that i want to install but not until i weed out any males. Its too early to tell sex. What are my options here?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Ive never done a micro grow like that but, IMO you're going to have to clone them and then flower 'em and
hope for the best. You can try and sex them then yank the males but that space is probably only big enough
for 1 plant. Sorry I couldn't offer more help, like I said never did anything that small before
Good luck

titanium

titanium

Ive never done a micro grow like that but, IMO you're going to have to clone them and then flower 'em and
hope for the best. You can try and sex them then yank the males but that space is probably only big enough
for 1 plant. Sorry I couldn't offer more help, like I said never did anything that small before
Good luck

I have considered vegging out and sexing...then taking clones from the best looking female pheno or phenos. Im a little nervouse that with all the talk of hermies that if i do wait for sex then clone that the one i choose may hermie. Thanks for the quick reply. I hope some others chime in too.

Orcaman

Orcaman

So your saying you have no other space at all to just keep a small veg area? To keep all your plants going I would pull two out and taking two cuttings of each to ensure a survivor. Then you can sex them out later. Some cloning gel, a solo cup, and a quart zip lock bag for a humidity dome for each. They need very little light to keep going. Just a thought.:)

titanium

titanium

So your saying you have no other space at all to just keep a small veg area? To keep all your plants going I would pull two out and taking two cuttings of each to ensure a survivor. Then you can sex them out later. Some cloning gel, a solo cup, and a quart zip lock bag for a humidity dome for each. They need very little light to keep going. Just a thought.:)
I am so stealth right now I am grateful i even have what I have. So no I have no room to have a small veg area.....
Would this work?.....Take 1 cutting from each plant...5 cuttings...place them in a solo cup of water and put them on a 12/12? The problem I see with this is the plants probably are too young to show sex even if I place cuttings in 12/12. Im just worried about room. I think I can wait and veg out the 5 I have now and wait for sex, but by the time they show and I discard males....augh, I dunno. Guess Im going to have to wing it.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well sometimes That's the name of the game isn't it throw the dice and hope something sticks :lurking:

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

if you have a hand held loupe you should be able to sex them by looking for pre-flowers at the nodes. I've never grown micro, so my advice is LST the daylights out of them and good luck. With that limited a ceiling I'd advise flowering soon. A loupe can be had for pretty cheap on ebay.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Take clones of everything and throw the moms outside somewhere. They could sex outside and you can just keep the corresponding clones and trash the ones that turn male. Honestly it is better in my opinion to run your clones instead of the seeds, I have had many of seed mom's turn out shit while the same clone turns out killer. I never run seed plants in my main room, just clones. I read that your micro gardening so this might not be an option for you, good luck.

titanium

titanium

So here they are at day 21. I looked last night with just my eyes for sex. I also took photos of the internides and zoomed in on my phone. Nothing yet. I have a feeling i am going to be forced to flower soon. Taking clones and placing mothers outdoors is not a option. I have no place to put them safely. I hope they show soon. 1 gallon pots, day 21. What do you think?

20150703 130214

20150703 130159
20150703 130146
20150703 130131
20150703 130111
Orcaman

Orcaman

I think you need to go to 12 hour light now based on your space size. Some plants can take up to fifty days to show sex during veg. Flipping now will help speed things up. I'm going to laugh if you end up with five females.:) I also wanted to say from looking at your plants is they are all very similar in pheno. So not a big deal to sacrifice for space.

Last edited:
titanium

titanium

I think you need to go to 12 hour light now based on your space size. Some plants can take up to fifty days to show sex during veg. Flipping now will help speed things up. I'm going to laugh if you end up with five females.:) I also wanted to say from looking at your plants is they are all very similar in pheno. So not a big deal to sacrifice for space.
Lol. Yup they all look the same. Its crazy. I will take your advice on starting 12/12. Today i will lst them, light proof my cabinet, install the scrog screen and flip them to flower.

Junk

Junk

With that type of grow, what I have used before (& still do) is these. I'm sorry I don't know what they are called.

20150704 183930

I find them at local garden supply places all the time, near the tomato cages. It's a very easy way to LST, & then it's basically it's own scrog system. The grate provides the weight to keep things horizontal, opening up the middle. It's also height adjustable as there are 3 prongs that go into the dirt, so you can put as much pressure as you need. You can see in my picture a Tangerine Dream that is pretty much all set, & has been placed in the flowering tent. Get everything situated before flipping to flower though. You shouldn't have to worry terribly about height if you start training for a couple weeks with these. It will keep things fairly short, while maximizing yield. But you would have to get on it asap. & with these cages you need to provide enough space (the squares are close together). So what I do is train the mains outward, & try to let the middle fill in with the nodes off the mains. This plant, I fimmed the fim, so there are only 3 mains.

You can see that in some spots, I have shoots coming up from slots close together, or even the same slot at the moment. What I will do with those after they come up is take some carefully bent, stiff, electrical wire, & use that to give the shoots separation.

Another thing that is nice about it is that it will keep your plant size in check. If you can string your mains along until they hit the outside of the ring (mine are) & then let them come up, that's about as wide as your plant is going to get. You can also use these to easily train a plant to be a square. I think they are great, because I hate working with a bunch of plants that are all tied into a scrog net.

Incidentally, with heavy yielders like white widow, I can pull close to a lb of dry weight using these things. However, I'm also using a TON of light, from above & the sides, hydro, co2, the whole nine.

That is the moment I realized I'm trying to grow 10 plants so that I can make enough weight. I don't need to. Just grow 4 -5 plants really well. & if you aren't making weight, & it isn't the strains fault, now you know you need to improve other areas of your farming.

Last edited:
alaskind

alaskind

Ok, its dilemma time. First off I have no room for a veg or clone chamber. My cabinet size is 19 x 19 x 26" tall. Right now I have 5 regular seedlings at week 3. I have topped twice already. I dont really have the room for 5 plants to veg in this area. I just transplanted into 1 gal smart pots. I have a scrog screen that i want to install but not until i weed out any males. Its too early to tell sex. What are my options here?

When im pressed for time and/or space for sexing, here is how i do it: take 2 cuttings from each plant u need to determine, put cuttings i cloner,media ect and introduce them to 12/12 ..... they will indicate sex while allowing donor plants to march on in vegg.... i would take another set of clones after sex has been determined so you can use them for mothers ect...

Junk

Junk

Hopefully your flower area is much taller than that, or you could have a problem. But check out those grates I showed you. It won't get much taller till the stretch, but you will yield much more from them. Actually, you said you have a scrog all set up so nm.

As stated you can take clones to determine sex. It's the safest way. Personally, I'm constantly checking the plants. Every day, a few times a day. So I will catch it very quickly & can just remove the males. Many people don't have the same schedule as I do, in which case, I would do the cuttings & 11/13. I find if I flip em to 11/13 they will show sex faster.

titanium

titanium

Lst. Going to water and then install scrog screen. The plants on top left and bottom right seem bushiest. I hope they are female. The other three have more stretch to them.
20150705 141009

titanium

titanium

Scrog installed. Getting ready to put them in their space. It will be amazing if i can pull this off. Here goes nothing.

20150705 144905

Latest posts

Top Bottom