9 Pound Hammer Tga Genetics

• Thread starter titanium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Unless the plant is too stiff, I would take it further on a couple of those. Try to get as many growing tips - as even as you can. I would also slide the tie down point a little further towards the tip on some of them. One on the top left & top right for instance, where those are tied, that growing tip is going to turn up very quickly. Your goal is to train them, but also to delay them somewhat, so that any of your shorter growing tips have time to catch up. Give them lots of light they will.

But the one in the top middle, & lower right, I can see growing tips that aren't even, & the way the plant is tied, they aren't "on schedule" to be even. In fact, the lower right looks like you have those uneven tips tied down?

Everything I said is just in my opinion. & you are there with the plants to know what they feel like, or how they are responding to the tension. But a couple of them, at least appear, to be tied in a way that is not ideal.

Junk

Junk

Scrog installed. Getting ready to put them in their space. It will be amazing if i can pull this off. Here goes nothing.

View attachment 520712
Is that your flowering area? What is the max distance you have between your light & the base? How tall are your plants now?

Depending on the strain, the plants will get much taller in the first 4 weeks or so of flowering. If that's the flowering spot, it's gonna be interesting.

titanium

titanium

Is that your flowering area? What is the max distance you have between your light & the base? How tall are your plants now?

Depending on the strain, the plants will get much taller in the first 4 weeks or so of flowering. If that's the flowering spot, it's gonna be interesting.

Yes this is my flowering area. The plants including the pots are at 9". I have about 8" left before the light tixture hits the ceiling.
20150705 150447

Junk

Junk

It might be tight but it will be fun no matter what. (I'm trying to be optimistic) I'll keep watching this thread.

To make any growing tips more even, or to make the plants a little shorter, feel free to drop that scrog down even lower. Like I said, you are the one there to see how it "feels," but you are after an even canopy. If the plants are still rubbery enough you can really lean on the taller stuff to get that canopy going.

You don't have any other place you can flower these? Hopefully they don't stretch a lot during flower. I think the amount of light you are providing will also limit the stretching, but you are going to be very tight in there.

Last edited:
titanium

titanium

It might be tight but it will be fun no matter what. (I'm trying to be optimistic) I'll keep watching this thread.

To make any growing tips more even, or to make the plants a little shorter, feel free to drop that scrog down even lower. Like I said, you are the one there to see how it "feels," but you are after an even canopy. If the plants are still rubbery enough you can really lean on the taller stuff to get that canopy going.

You don't have any other place you can flower these? Hopefully they don't stretch a lot during flower. I think the amount of light you are providing will also limit the stretching, but you are going to be very tight in there.

No i have no room available. Your more than welcome to swing by and ill cut you a few clones...lol. I am really worried about applying any stress to these babies. From what i have heard and read they are hermie prone. Thats why i decided not to do any supercropping. Should i just go to a 12/12 schedule?

titanium

titanium

This is one plant. The top left looks male...same plant right lower looks female...i can't tell.
Screenshot 2015 07 05 20 12 55
Screenshot 2015 07 05 20 13 32

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

If you're going to hold off on flowering, you might consider those long pipe cleaners they sell at the craft store instead of twine. Pipe cleaners, for me anyway, are easier to work with to try and keep the tips down, simple twist and reposition near the very end of the branch so you can get your secondary bud sites up through that screen. Locker shelves ( usually pretty cheap too ) work really well for individual plant scrog screens if you ever get more space.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

pic 1 and 2 are the same plant.

Wow hmm.. mabe its the angle of the pic, the first one clearly has a stock then a ball, the second looks like a tear drop. Like I said it could be the angle. I normally wait til I see the hairs or not.

-lurkin

Orcaman

Orcaman

I just want to say that super cropping is not the type of stress on these plants that will cause a herm. Keep in mind 90% of hermies come from light leaks or a timer problem in bloom. Many growers will never admit there mistakes and always blame the plant. I still think you need to switch to 12's now or you will be cropping!:)

Junk

Junk

Wow hmm.. mabe its the angle of the pic, the first one clearly has a stock then a ball, the second looks like a tear drop. Like I said it could be the angle. I normally wait til I see the hairs or not.

-lurkin

Knowing the pic 1, 2, deal, - Pic 2 def looks female.

Pic 1, the right side def looks female, the left side if I zoom in & look closely, looks more like a tiny leaf structure, or like something happened to it physically. At least on my screen if I zoom in. So I don't know how much credence I can give to pic 1. Everything else points to female. You say these are hermie prone...did you get these from a batch of hermies? Any seeds from hermies it's kind of the unwritten rule to trash them, bc hermies create hermies. I'm not saying you did that, I'm just getting on my soapbox to bloviate about how we need to cull seeds like that out of existence.

But I'm otherwise interested in what makes you say they are hermie prone?

Pic 3, Def looks like a male to me.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

You just don't want to end up with this

Or mabe you do ahahaha

Sorry to be kinda off topic =)

-lurkin

titanium

titanium

Knowing the pic 1, 2, deal, - Pic 2 def looks female.

Pic 1, the right side def looks female, the left side if I zoom in & look closely, looks more like a tiny leaf structure, or like something happened to it physically. At least on my screen if I zoom in. So I don't know how much credence I can give to pic 1. Everything else points to female. You say these are hermie prone...did you get these from a batch of hermies? Any seeds from hermies it's kind of the unwritten rule to trash them, bc hermies create hermies. I'm not saying you did that, I'm just getting on my soapbox to bloviate about how we need to cull seeds like that out of existence.

But I'm otherwise interested in what makes you say they are hermie prone?

Pic 3, Def looks like a male to me.
i baught the seeds from herbies. I just read a ton of threads of this and other tga strains being hermie prone. Not my personal claim. Yet.

titanium

titanium

Super cropping is safe? ....im afraid if i flower now and wind up with 1 female ill have a crappy harvest. If i wind up with 5 females ill just be lucky and i can pick and choose.

Top Bottom