"91 Og"?

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

No it was bag seed. Orgkid was not one of the original people who had OG or Bubba Kush. He did have a lot to do with it getting out to the public, but that was later in the game. I`m not on IG Mag, kicked off years ago because I outed a mod (skunkman) as a snitch to the Feds back in the day.

Far as I`m concerned it really is pointless to dig up old news about this strain. You can believe what ever you all want.

I'm talking about insta gram not i c mag. Yes orgnkid was later in the game, but it was the same cut as the original og kush as we know it in los angeles, directly from josh. Its not really pointless, its possibly the best strain of all time and many people's favorite plant and we don't know the full history. Many people are curious about the older history and lineage of the strain. I think a lot of people would love to know about the og kush before its roots in orlando or gainesville where bubba brought it from.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

@markscastle did you really? I'm not saying you didn't because I am no authority on the matter, but that's a pretty big claim to make.

Any pics or anything like that? I would like to see how it compares to Josh D's cut.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don`t know who made the strain OG Kush, it was bag seed. I was one of the first few to have it and I don`t know. Don`t think anyone will really ever know for sure who`s it was. The whole matter is closed as far as I can see. Unless the person who sold the bag seed stands up and tells us which trunk the weed came from. I don`t think that will happen because a little voice tells me it was stolen. Even so it still doesn`t matter because it`s out there already and no way that person can make a dime off there work anymore.

B

boston

Og kush was in rap songs before 96
So my gut says it was around before 96

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I vended Bubba and OG seed at Canna World around 94 That was a full two years before Elite Genetics came to Cali. He rented from me. I`d had the two strains for over three years by then. I still think orgkid bested me, vending them before that. Elite had the bubba with him as well as OG and used my grow room so we compared our genetics and they were the same. I think he got his from orgkid but can`t swear by that. Anyway I don`t have contact with orgkid and haven`t for awhile or I`d check with him. But again none of this makes any difference. I don`t understand what difference it makes now.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What I`d be more interested in is who else still has the original genetics? There are so many crosses of Kush out their anymore I wonder if many people still have the pure strains anymore.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

A good amount of people love OG Kush and care about the history. I think you've got the timeline wrong but I can't say for sure. People are still running the original triangle kush and the original OG Kush josh's cut. I just smoked some from a dispensary in LA and its the pure form of OG Kush as I know it.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve grown Triangle and it`s good but not the original OG Kush (close though). Can`t say about josh`s Kush as I`ve never smoke it , that I know of. I know mine is the real deal and pure stuff ,not crossed. I do like a lot of the crosses and phenol types I`ve smoked as well. Yes The OG and Bubba is great smoke , but there are so, so many other great strains out there. I`ve smoked so many strains in the last 60 years that would blow people away but most people now have never heard of.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Can you post a picture of an OG Kush nug that you've grown? Ive tried many strains, very few compare to real deal OG

MrRojos

MrRojos

There's a cut in Florida that was going around in the late 80's early 90's not triangle that was so good it changed the name of what everyone called good kind bud similar to how when skunk#1 hit everything good was called skunk.They call it crippy.The real deal crippy was something special and may have been a precursor to modern og was very simular in it growth characteristics.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

According to Dave Richards from that Adam Dunn show podcast the crippy is the Krytonite. That could definitely be the mother of the OGs we know today, triangle kush and josh's OG. Not sure if I believe that guy completely though.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Not sure either it's really hard to pin down facts about genetics or who had the real deal because once something special hits the market now every unhonest Joe grow in the world has "that".gg4 is a great example of that in denver
Also in a state like Florida a couple raids by ol Johnny law dog and genetics that are in a "circle" are lost forever.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kryptonite an other great strain just pulled some out of the garden. Not related to OG Kush though. Seems like your on a fishing trip to me. You might ask Swerve as he has guessed the right combination behind OG before. Not saying the strain is mine, but I have reproduced it from it`s components before , was trying to figure out if in fact it might have been mine or not but it wasn`t conclusive because to many other people have the correct genetics and could have also created this strain. I find so many times when I have a good idea , so do others. Can`t tell you how many times I`ve worked on the same crosses as Bohdi or Mota . They seem to be on the same page as me often.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Great minds think alike@markscastle thats badass!I tell friends don't follow hype,pictures,or what you've seen from others.Know exactly what you invision from a cross then gain a understanding of which genetics are most likely to spawn what you invision an go with that.Some breeders, me not being one just understand what lines to follow to create what they invisioned and even then might not get it exactly right but that's definitely the best way to go about capturing what you want out of a project in my humble opinion

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

@markscastle No disrespect, but I adamantly disagree with you on so many levels. I wasn't around when OG Kush made its debut or pretend to know anything about its orgins, but I know genetics.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Where is this reproduction? Where is Swerves? If you think anything Swerve puts out is original OG, we are talking about 2 very different cultivars. Don't get me wrong, Swerve has some fire, but I was raised on OG (SoCal; OC/LA/IE) and that's not THE OG I know.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

@markscastle It appears that you have a lot of respect from a lot of the members on this forum and probably for good reason and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but from my point of view it seems your implying and/or asserting a lot of conflicting/inconsistent things.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding you.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Where is this reproduction? Where is Swerves? If you think anything Swerve puts out is original OG, we are talking about 2 very different cultivars. Don't get me wrong, Swerve has some fire, but I was raised on OG (SoCal; OC/LA/IE) and that's not THE OG I know.
I simply said he guessed the cross correct and the was in a privet form so if you are not a member there is no way to reference it. I did not say he had the genetics or was able to reproduce OG Kush. You can figure out how to get ahold of him yourself if you wish.

Top Bottom