"91 Og"?

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
@markscastle It appears that you have a lot of respect from a lot of the members on this forum and probably for good reason and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but from my point of view it seems your implying and/or asserting a lot of conflicting/inconsistent things.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding you.
Maybe. I have the reproduction as well as the original genetics. I think I was as clear as I want to be. There is nothing of interest in this strain for me but to preserve it for now. It`s just part of a vast collection of genetics I hold. I plan on returning to breeding projects in the next few years and maybe doing some vending again. Until then I`m working on my property and don`t have a lot of time to spend on these projects.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Kryptonite an other great strain just pulled some out of the garden. Not related to OG Kush though. Seems like your on a fishing trip to me. You might ask Swerve as he has guessed the right combination behind OG before. Not saying the strain is mine, but I have reproduced it from it`s components before , was trying to figure out if in fact it might have been mine or not but it wasn`t conclusive because to many other people have the correct genetics and could have also created this strain. I find so many times when I have a good idea , so do others. Can`t tell you how many times I`ve worked on the same crosses as Bohdi or Mota . They seem to be on the same page as me often.

If you were to try and recreate OG Kush by a process of elimination, the odds are astronomically against you. EVEN if you guessed the genetic make-up (which is highly unlikely), can you find the exact same cuts that were used? EVEN if you could, it would still be VERY hard to reproduce that exact combination of traits (next to impossible). It would be like trying to have your parents breed until they birthed another you, does that sound even remotely likely? You would probably have more luck winning the loterry. To top it ALL off, I'm pretty sure that OG Kush is a polypoid, which makes it all the more unlikely and complicated.

As far as I know, Swerve crosses and selfs clone-only OG cuts, but even the cuts he uses are not THE OG that I know.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I simply said he guessed the cross correct and the was in a privet form so if you are not a member there is no way to reference it. I did not say he had the genetics or was able to reproduce OG Kush. You can figure out how to get ahold of him yourself if you wish.
But that implies you know "the cross" and kinda further implies that you created it. Before it was bagseed and now you know the genetic make-up?

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I just respectfully disagree with what you are saying and wanted to state the reasoning for that. @markscastle

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
After nearly 60 years of breeding and with a family history of breeding and vending Cannabis and hemp seed going back into the 1600`s I`ve learned a few things. I`m one of the oldest venders having started Sunshine seeds two years before Sacred Seeds was founded ( I also worked with them on projects but although they asked me to join them, I declined). I was never a bid vender mind you. I was happy with rent and beer money in the early days, I`ve mostly been a collector of strains for many years, most of the money I`ve made has gone into preservation of strains for breeding at some point. As far as reproducing the original I picked out the best phenol types from my seed stock and did enough testing to satisfy myself on what the original OG Kush was. I really didn`t need to be that close as I already have the strain. I was interested in finding out the truth as to it`s origin and only stopped because I came to the conclusion it didn`t mater as it was already out of the bag. I had nothing to gain. I seem to have a history of making great strains , but not much return for my efforts. I intend to change that !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
From now on I`m done talking about OG Kush and Bubba Kush. Love the strains but if anything I`m more interested in future strains and not the past. Good luck to thoughts who continue to seek the origins of these strains. But more important I hope you just smoke and enjoy them regardless.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Its Pheno type not Phenol type. You've been breeding cannabis since the 1950's? Where was your family selling cannabis seeds in the 1700s? My bullshit meter is spiking high with all of your posts.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Iv heard of the original pure kushes get tagged 91 og. Just like I hear sometimes the original bubba kush cut tagged 92 bubba.

Everything said after this point is my own speculation....
I believe og and chem to have similar genetics but I don't think og came from chem directly and if it did it came from dog bud not the chem dog seeds that chem dog found from the dog bud itself. With that being said.... it is extremely possible for og kush to have been around in 91. I think it was around far before that but by different names and the line may have not been worked as long

Iv smoked many og flowers with 91 tagged on them. 91 malibu, 91 fire..ext ext. Most have been pretty fire too. But if you had my guess... that 91 tag is more referring to the pure kushes that are more og not the bubba kush type pure kushes then actual og kush straight up. Like I said though, just the conclusion iv came to based on personal experience and stories iv put together from stuff iv read or heard ~SMF~
This is the best shit I've heard so far. You can tell dude's (Skunkmasterflex) from Cali, lol (I'm assuming).

I've heard OG's (older cats who've been around) say "Before OG was 'OG Kush', it was just 'Kush'." I have heard OG's state this one way or another time and time again.

I get the feeling a lot of people online base their opinion/theory off of what they've read online and seeds they've popped with the "OG" name-tag on it. Like they say "real recognize real" and dude's looking mighty familiar, lol. (Kinda forgot where I was going with this, lol)

Thanks for the informative post @Skunkmasterflex, it's refreshing. I let this cut out of my sights and am going to have to track it down again.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
But that implies you know "the cross" and kinda further implies that you created it. Before it was bagseed and now you know the genetic make-up?

Its Pheno type not Phenol type. You've been breeding cannabis since the 1950's? Where was your family selling cannabis seeds in the 1700s? My bullshit meter is spiking high with all of your posts.
Virginia Colony and it was the early 1600`s. You of course can rely on your BS meter all you want. I don`t care. I`m not here to impress you. I`m here to share the love of cannabis with who ever wants to. Yep from Cali . It`s a cool State.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Virginia Colony and it was the early 1600`s. You of course can rely on your BS meter all you want. I don`t care. I`m not here to impress you. I`m here to share the love of cannabis with who ever wants to. Yep from Cali . It`s a cool State.
Why did you quote me in this?

I personally don't think it is about impressing anyone, but backing some big claims.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I just don`t see the need to back anything. The only way I could do so is by affording info that would place my identity at risk. I have a stellar reputation and many people know who I am anyway , so doubt all you want, don`t care. The reason I quoted you was to answer your question and correct the date. Enough said , this is going no where. Maybe someone will vouch for me or something, There`s still a few people who remember Sunshine seeds and a few people who were around Sacred Seeds who would remember me , other than that try to find an old Berkley Barb paper with one of my old adds in it from the library or something. By the way who are you and can you prove it? LOL!

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I just don`t see the need to back anything. The only way I could do so is by affording info that would place my identity at risk. I have a stellar reputation and many people know who I am anyway , so doubt all you want, don`t care. The reason I quoted you was to answer your question and correct the date. Enough said , this is going no where. Maybe someone will vouch for me or something, There`s still a few people who remember Sunshine seeds and a few people who were around Sacred Seeds who would remember me , other than that try to find an old Berkley Barb paper with one of my old adds in it from the library or something. By the way who are you and can you prove it? LOL!
Wtf? I think your confusing me with @WiseGorilla. If your not, wtf? How did you answer my question and when did anyone ask you who you were? Your identity is not what's being called into question here.

Excuse me for not being a sheep. These other dudes might eat that shit up, but I'm from Cali and I know OG and not from some seed with an OG name-tag on it or from internet stories.

You vend seeds? Still not hopping on that pole, man, sorry. Sounds to me like your trying to impress people, just saying.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OG Kush came from seed. Or do you think it started it` s self as a `cut`? Any real deal 100% pure OG Kush started from seed.~ Sorry I think I`m the one who was a little confused.~ I was responding to two people`s posts thinking it was just one person. Not feeling well and am very medicated right now. OK trying to impress? You asked me why I think I was able to reproduce OG Kush. Here is my #2 answer , Because.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Look, man. This obviously means a lot to you and it seems to be a central part of your ego/identity. I'm guessing this is how you pay the bills too, so I'll delete that last post because I'm not one to mess with a man's living. And now I have a picture of a sick old man in my head and feel bad, but just don't start with me, bro. I'm vicious as f**k if you push me.

MrRojos

MrRojos

It's 100% correct that the absolute pheno down to the molecular level cannot be reproduced from seed.Hell even clones grown by 2 different growers will have slight differences.
different atmospheric conditions cause structural changes (density/compactness/elongation/etc)
In the grow mediums different biodiversity/microorganisms will increase/decrease flavanoids/tirpin profiles amongst other things.
Different organic dynamic acumulators will affect cannabinoidal biosynthesis differently than bottled ones an on an on an on.
HOWEVER...If 2 people on opposite sides of the earth have access to the same genetic gene pools (which we all do)like afgani,Hindu, ecolatorial sativa etc etc and they follow very simular genetic lines picking phenos they deem "worthy" is it far fetched that both can have a plant that smells the same,growth structure identical frosty as hell? Hell yeah.
Plants are wierd like that they are very complex scientificly but the humans perception is cave man status.we smell only what our noses can detect and see only the surface of things.What I'm getting at is that if anyone on this thread had "THE" cut and they 100% remembered how it looked smelled etc etc and had a gifted understanding (some breeders have a gift shout out to my 2 dudes bodhi and tierra rojos) of genetics could after alot of crosses and phenos create what "they" remember? Very possible.
Molecularly possible?hell no
I'll end it with a killer skunk's a killer skunk but all skunk not created equal! Principal applies for OG kush (skunk sounded better in my stoned state lol) people get groupie-ish about legendary names and act like that legend came from Mars when the truth is its genetics are still here to this day and if you search hard enough and put in the work maybe oneday we'll create a strain that will get us groupies to yaaaaay! Good vibes Bros no worries

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

It's possible, just HIGHLY unlikely. Even possible "molecularly", just HIGHLY improbable.

Sure, they can create what THEY remember, but how accurate would that be?

The differences would be phenotypically different (refering to the clone analogy), I doubt they would be genotypically different (I HIGHLY doubt it and I'm not going to say it for sure when I don't know). The phenotype can only be expressed if it is contained within the genotype.

How are you going to plan-out the expression of pleitropic traits? Codominant, incomplete-dominant traits? And again, I think Og Kush is a polyploid. MAYBE if someone decoded its genome and had some genetic markers to work with, but no breeder is playing that shit by ear and recreating it. The variation is just too great.

Last edited:
MrRojos

MrRojos

It's possible, just HIGHLY unlikely. Even possible "molecularly", just HIGHLY improbable.

Sure, they can create what THEY remember, but how accurate would that be?
100% correct on they're accuracy brother.But scientificly Impossible as far as cell for cell atom for atom proton for proton etc
You guys were both dead on from both your sides.yours was hell naw you didn't create "The"cut.You were right he didnt.
His side was recreated it using understandings of genetics. It's possible as far as human perception.(perceptions can be duplicated 100% scientificly down to the molecular/cellular hell naw)
Both yall are correct an good dudes and growers...I just checked back in to say P.S... F#%_ some other dudes cut he created..I have a voodoo from exoticgenetix(purple alien tahoe x starfighter)that I back crossed and grew a ton of phenos out to find "my" pheno that I wouldn't trade if it ment losing it for 10 other people's legends:) later Bros don't let the bad vibes seep into the grow rooms:)

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

100% correct on they're accuracy brother.But scientificly Impossible as far as cell for cell atom for atom proton for proton etc
You guys were both dead on from both your sides.yours was hell naw you didn't create "The"cut.You were right he didnt.
His side was recreated it using understandings of genetics. It's possible as far as human perception.(perceptions can be duplicated 100% scientificly down to the molecular/cellular hell naw)
Both yall are correct an good dudes and growers...I just checked back in to say P.S... F#%_ some other dudes cut he created..I have a voodoo from exoticgenetix(purple alien tahoe x starfighter)that I back crossed and grew a ton of phenos out to find "my" pheno that I wouldn't trade if it ment losing it for 10 other people's legends:) later Bros don't let the bad vibes seep into the grow rooms:)
Ah, I see what you mean now, but let me ask you this; isn't it possible to recreate something using the exact same atoms (protons, electrons, etc.)? Something we don't have the capability of, but technically possible?

Conservation of matter/energy? Technically possible, wouldn't you say?

MrRojos

MrRojos

Spot on! Technically with a quantum physics-based computer and some other scanning beam things and some beam him up Scotty type stuff it is possible.Also it is possible if could even get a piece of even a leaf of THE cut using tissue culture which is bad ass! That's why I chimed in was seeing the back and forth amongst to b good guys like you guys are and thought
Damn they are both right.. because sometimes with things so complex as cannabis and all the different scientifical things (there's so many! Check out member JUMPINGCACTUS threads will f#/^&^g fry b your brain!!) That affect it 2 people can be right..do complex that ten people can be right an all of them are wrong to!lol...he'll I'm Noone just sometimes a outside perspective helps people see like oh shit dudes right because we're both right lol my brain hurts now Go^/$#/%T!!

MrRojos

MrRojos

Last thought have to ad because I forgot to last post...this is what I love about growing and our plant in general ---you could be a biochemical engineer /soil biologist with a PhD from where ever and use all the latest this-es and that's to grow your plants. and some Joe blow hippie 2 blocks away who only uses compost he makes grows pot that blows the science dudes shit out the water in every shape form or fashion an I've personally witnessed that scenario (minus the PhD but close)

a great understanding of science helps in breeding(lighting radation affects/soilbiology/atmospheric influences/genetic analysis/etc.. but great genetics to start with and alot of luck and some wierd spiritual talent/gift sometimes trumps all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom