A/C problem!! HELP!!!

• Thread starter wooitzme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I run open hoods so the a/c runs alot drying it out pretty quickly. It's a window unit and forsure the main cause of any slow leak. I run at 1000ppm it's ussually around 600ppm first thing in the morn. Ima throw a mini split in between my next runs.

Ok, so you're not losing much air to venting, and clearly if it only drops 400ppms overnight you're not losing much there, either. As screwy as it might sound, since you're running AC hard to keep up with unvented hoods, you might consider buying a swamp cooler, just to try and replace the humidity the AC system is removing! You might also consult the owner's manual of your AC units; not only do some models have adjustments for humidity, but most have vents that can mix (or not) air from outside.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Ok, so you're not losing much air to venting, and clearly if it only drops 400ppms overnight you're not losing much there, either. As screwy as it might sound, since you're running AC hard to keep up with unvented hoods, you might consider buying a swamp cooler, just to try and replace the humidity the AC system is removing! You might also consult the owner's manual of your AC units; not only do some models have adjustments for humidity, but most have vents that can mix (or not) air from outside.
Swamp coolers are awesome. I have one in my intake/exhaust veg tent. I figured it wouldn't work well in the sealed room cuz it needs dry air to pull thru the filter in order to cool. It would mostly just be a Big humidifier. I have fiddled with a/c but it doesn't have any recirculating features.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Swamp coolers are awesome. I have one in my intake/exhaust veg tent. I figured it wouldn't work well in the sealed room cuz it needs dry air to pull thru the filter in order to cool. It would mostly just be a Big humidifier. I have fiddled with a/c but it doesn't have any recirculating features.

Yes, a swamp cooler is just a big humidifier with more airflow- so while it wouldn't reduce temps much in your sealed room, it would add humidity. Then again, it might help keep a lid on temps... can't hurt to try it and see what happens? I don't see a downside here...

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Yes, a swamp cooler is just a big humidifier with more airflow- so while it wouldn't reduce temps much in your sealed room, it would add humidity. Then again, it might help keep a lid on temps... can't hurt to try it and see what happens? I don't see a downside here...
Good point. I'll take the humidifier out and put this bad boy in. A 750cfm portable job. I'll let you know how it works. Great advice thank you.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Good point. I'll take the humidifier out and put this bad boy in. A 750cfm portable job. I'll let you know how it works. Great advice thank you.

Something I would keep an eye on is the potential for freezing your cold lines in the AC's chilling section. Shouldn't hurt the unit, I'm just tlaking about ice building up on the lines and reducing efficiency. If you see it, run the unit on 'air only' to melt it off.

Top Bottom