A few shots of my rooms growing in Beds with some new strains WIFI X SOUR D and...

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grower4life

grower4life

K so just my input, been doing this for dam near 2 decades and have used 4x8, 4x6, 4x4, 3x3, 3x6, 2x8, and a shit load of 2x4 trays produced by botanicare, also a few of the Canadian black trays , I've done F/d , drip to waste, top water to waste ect ect. I have always seen the best results with 1k per 3x3 area and prefer the 3x6 trays side by side makeing a rectangler area with all light above utilizing all cross over of light, no walk way down the middle,

All trays r on frames/ply/ with casters so they sit practically on the cement and and rollable,

3x3 and 3x6 r way more manageable to move and clean as a ones man team.

Anyways not at all trying to b mister know it all but my question was which lights r a better product, gavitas been out for 2 years , e paps maybe 1 year, also I hear redicilious shit about running one light per 4x6 area or per 3x6 area and getting the same yield as 2k over the same area.
Just can't wrap my head around that !

Or reduce ur 8 lighter to a 6 and cover the same area and get the same yield. I'm not looking for the same yield, I'd like to increase it a bit.

grower4life

grower4life

and 1 More comment I find it very hard to believe anybody out there is hitting 3 pounds per 1k unless there using crap like phosphaload, mega bud , bloombastic or any other of that crap that has PCR cancer causeing growth regulator shit in it! That's not real bud and those aren't real growers cause with out it they hit normal numbers like normal folks, I have only hit 2 lb per light maybe twice in my entire career and that was with afgooey and Blue dream, nether of which take any art to due those numbers, we call that monkey with a watering can around hear lmao.

Non negative just the truth!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Gavita is a better quality light, no question. I'm sure Jack will disagree, he runs E-Paps... I understand your dislike for uneven bud size but if you ran a 4x4 and the additional plants didn't get as large as the ones in middle, it's still MORE product....right?

You're pushing it at 42" of clearance with DE's... If your plants arn't PERFECT in height your going to have to dial it down. These hoods are not meant for a residential grow room.
I actually run both Gavita and E paps I was running Gavitas way before it was the cool thing to do. But saying a Gavita is way better then an E-pap how so? I have tested Gavita side by side next to Epap next to Adjust o wings next to Magnum and a bunch of other hoods and for the strains I grow I prefer Adjusto wings or E paps , Gavita is a really good light but not better its pretty close to the Epap... JACK

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

and 1 More comment I find it very hard to believe anybody out there is hitting 3 pounds per 1k unless there using crap like phosphaload, mega bud , bloombastic or any other of that crap that has PCR cancer causeing growth regulator shit in it! That's not real bud and those aren't real growers cause with out it they hit normal numbers like normal folks, I have only hit 2 lb per light maybe twice in my entire career and that was with afgooey and Blue dream, nether of which take any art to due those numbers, we call that monkey with a watering can around hear lmao.

Non negative just the truth!
Sour Diesel will hit 3 per no problem... And folks out here JUST run that...
I actually run both Gavita and E paps I was running Gavitas way before it was the cool thing to do. But saying a Gavita is way better then an E-pap how so? I have tested Gavita side by side next to Epap next to Adjust o wings next to Magnum and a bunch of other hoods and for the strains I grow I prefer Adjusto wings or E paps , Gavita is a really good light but not better its pretty close to the Epap... JACK
Thanks for feedback Jack...
My company just spent good money on a Spectrometer to test EVERY hood they sell. We will be doing every height dimension and all the different DE bulbs being offered now and in the very near future (Phillips, Ushio, Genesis, and DigiLux).

Qbanbiz

Qbanbiz

2 EPAPS over a 4x8 COCO BED makes 6# per tray (or 3 per light) feasible. Not all strains will get you there but this combination will surprise you at harvest time.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Hard work pays First Place High Times Cannabis cup San Francisco Sanoma county. Big ups to Gold Coast Extracts on the Collaboration Hell Raiser OG.
IMG 20140629 220952
IMG 20140629 153156
IMG 20140628 191909

slumdog80

slumdog80

2 EPAPS over a 4x8 COCO BED makes 6# per tray (or 3 per light) feasible. Not all strains will get you there but this combination will surprise you at harvest time.

3 lights per 4x16 with 72 per bed will definitely get you there. What numbers are you running per bed?

And props to Jack. we the community owe you a little more then a few trophies...

Qbanbiz

Qbanbiz

Jack, with all due respect, I need your assistance. Im in the middle of my 3rd run in the same CANNA COCO BEDS using CANNA COCO BASE+ APTUS LINE + OGBIOWAR. The runoff has been consistently low in Ph (4.8-5.5) the entire run and cant seem to correct it. The PPMs have been good but the Ph keeps drifting down. Sometimes i water in at 6.0-6.3 but i cant seem to correct the runoff. To be honest i don't see any deficiencies but wondering if this is normal in coco. I did use MOAB in 8th week of my last run... Please let me know if this is something that i can fix or just keep on PUSHING. Thanks for your help.

slumdog80

slumdog80

Jack, with all due respect, I need your assistance. Im in the middle of my 3rd run in the same CANNA COCO BEDS using CANNA COCO BASE+ APTUS LINE + OGBIOWAR. The runoff has been consistently low in Ph (4.8-5.5) the entire run and cant seem to correct it. The PPMs have been good but the Ph keeps drifting down. Sometimes i water in at 6.0-6.3 but i cant seem to correct the runoff. To be honest i don't see any deficiencies but wondering if this is normal in coco. I did use MOAB in 8th week of my last run... Please let me know if this is something that i can fix or just keep on PUSHING. Thanks for your help.

I'm definitely not Jack but, a little feed back anyway.

It's hard to say since everything is healthy but, have you done a slurry test? Also, how often are you watering? I have noticed >4.8 ph runoff after allowing coco to dry for too long to often. If you are feeding every day or every other day I would throw some enzyme or drip clean or sea of green in.

I would not be too worried if everything is healthy. I have not even measured runoff in my flower rooms since switching to geopot beds.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Sounds like over feeding and not having enough run off every watering. Adding drip clean in the middle of flower can cause some big problems. It's one of those things you should use all the time but not in the middle of flowers if you have not used it. I watch my run off like a hawk.

F

Fastball22

Jack do you use drip clean with your Nutriients ?If so how?
I used it about 4 years ago in the middle of flower .. Another fuck up I added to my list.
Never used it again.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Hard work pays First Place High Times Cannabis cup San Francisco Sanoma county. Big ups to Gold Coast Extracts on the Collaboration Hell Raiser OG.View attachment 419010View attachment 419012 View attachment 419013
Finally Lurking around and saying hello to this thread. I just want to add I have learned alot from you but have never spoke up. Thank you for posting everything and letting us in on some secrets.

Your the man!

Cant wait to see what you and obs put out.

Highest respects,
Frosty

Top Bottom