A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The mother strain will be Sunset Sherbet. I picked it for the GSC roots and its pretty colors 🤣 The dad is a semi unknown male from VT and of dubious provenance. He is a bushy, heavy branching, sativa leaning monster. My personal goal is to increase the yield on the sherbet without loosing her ease of growth and bag appeal. I don't sell, but I do smoke with my eyes first!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If we get lucky with our F1's I'm sending you some to play with. Hopefully you'll be following along I love your stuff man ❤🌱
That sounds cool! Though the part with the highest variation is the F2, right?

Arguably the best grower in illinois is doing a breeding program with dosidos F2s such as this stuff.

IMG 20201102 202759455

So I think finding good F1s will be the easy part for everyone. The really cool thing will be seeing what's in the F2s and making F3s.

I think people say you "need" huge selection to do quality breeding because they are super goal oriented toward being the best it could be, etc. But if you just want to try to make something cool and a little different? And yours?

Idk. This looks like people will learn more about that question though.

And seriously, the vibes are so good here. I love this. Thanks so much for the kind words too!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
How many plants are the minimum required?
I dont think there's going to be a min....Anyone willing to grow some out and document it with us can help the group as a whole I think. I will limit the amount of seeds based on what I have if its short though.
For instance, if I send you 10 seeds and you grow 4, One of your 4 may be the perfect pheno we are all looking for. Then we go from there. 🤷‍♂️

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm really confused 🤣 If I were to grow 4, I'd grow them and just hope I get a good male and a good female?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Then you will have what's called F2 seeds. Its great access to a wealth of genetic information with lots of different plants.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The theory is the males carry mostly his moms important traits so just pick the strongest healthiest looking one if you have more than 1

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, I was going to start a similar thread but got sidetracked and dropped the ball... @Aqua Man was gonna co-chair and everything...😉

Truthfully in hindsight, I'm not sure i could spearhead a project this size with how busy and currently scatterbrained I am anyway.

I'll grow out a few of yer seeds if you're cool with me waiting until spring?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Lol, I was going to start a similar thread but got sidetracked and dropped the ball... @Aqua Man was gonna co-chair and everything...😉

Truthfully in hindsight, I'm not sure i could spearhead a project this size with how busy and currently scatterbrained I am anyway.

I'll grow out a few of yer seeds if you're cool with me waiting until spring?
Of course! Will be more than happy to man. I see you've got a great new grow going and hands are full! I think this will probably be more casual and geared towards beginners than what you were planning with @Aqua Man but having your experience and helping out here would be amazing! Thank you. Wait... you guys should do the "advanced breeding techniques 2" thread on some next level shit. Noobs like me have to take this thread first and graduate haha 🌱

Top Bottom