A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Of course! Will be more than happy to man. I see you've got a great new grow going and hands are full! I think this will probably be more casual and geared towards beginners than what you were planning with @Aqua Man but having your experience and helping out here would be amazing! Thank you. Wait... you guys should do the "advanced breeding techniques 2" thread on some next level shit. Noobs like me have to take this thread first and graduate haha 🌱

What we were thinking was less of a breeding project and more of a mass phenohunt. Cracking as many F3 seeds as possible and looking for a pheno that stands out among the rest. All participants in the hunt would get a clone of the winning plant. The thought was to possibly get a breeder involved that could provide the seeds in exchange for some form of compensation in addition to getting the winning pheno to produce S1 seed from. Which then, anyone could purchase... but there was also talk of limiting participants to those who could grow a minimum of 10 plants.

Tats as far as the discussion went really.. I still think its a cool idea.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
What we were thinking was less of a breeding project and more of a mass phenohunt. Cracking as many F3 seeds as possible and looking for a pheno that stands out among the rest. All participants in the hunt would get a clone of the winning plant. The thought was to possibly get a breeder involved that could provide the seeds in exchange for some form of compensation in addition to getting the winning pheno to produce S1 seed from. Which then, anyone could purchase... but there was also talk of limiting participants to those who could grow a minimum of 10 plants.

That sounds like a contest, and a really f-ing cool one!! 👍 Like upgrade my tent cool

Cracken

Cracken

I'm only doing 8 small plants at a time and if they all suck I will pop 8 more until I find a "breeder" I am fully aware this takes a lot of time but I'm already spending a lot of time doing it anyway
So what genetics are you starting with? If you have no set cross in mind maybe readers could offer up a couple seeds to donate. Needs to be good seeds and not just trash from a friend who grew hermie plants. And nothing with GG#4 That was a cross dresser the day it was born.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So what genetics are you starting with? If you have no set cross in mind maybe readers could offer up a couple seeds to donate. Needs to be good seeds and not just trash from a friend who grew hermie plants. And nothing with GG#4 That was a cross dresser the day it was born.
It's a sunset sherbert female and a reportedly sour diesel male. Growing both. Check my profile for the disaster with the sourD

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

There's no magic number of 4. I want People to grow as many as they are willing and able. The only limit is my system stops numbering at 99 🤣🤣🤣
See definitely not ready for being helpful yet but looking forward to getting there 🤣🤣 if I get to a helpful point by the time ya setup id definitely be down to help in the experiment though.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Ok so 10 people 10 seeds each. Or more people and less seeds
I'm going to fully seed a few plants that I've already cloned of these. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. I'm not setting any limits rn. If an experienced farmer who wants to participate in good faith says send me 99 seeds, I will. But that's it, 99.🤣

dire wolf

dire wolf

Mass pheno hunt is the very best way to do this , I think ......

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think, in the broadest strokes, sharing genetics and talking about genetic variation among common genetics with your grower homies sounds cool. However that manifests sounds like a step in a good general direction.

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Yeah but if we get three letters Im a HOR!
🤣🤣
It occurred to me last night that despite people's best intentions some who "sign up" now might not be able to follow through in a few months when I send the seeds out. I'm gonna hold off on the letters for now. @amekins is designing a great system for us to catalog stuff together online and it's possible we could just move to a 3 letter system then. 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom