A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
These gals were definitely not happy in solo cups and that's sure no way to treat a pregnant lady. I have no idea what I was thinking or how high I could have been to think that was a good idea. 🤷‍♂️ So I did what I had to do and tried to very gently transplant them and give them better accommodations. But because I'm literally a giant clutz, I almost snapped a stem and had to tape one.. The hits just keep coming idk lol

I've never transplanted a flowering plant but there's no way they were surviving 5 more weeks like that. The roots def looked pretty meh but I have confidence they will be ok.

20201216 170126

20201216 170135

I've seen plants herm directly underneath breaks like this so I will keep a close eye on her but my theory is that because she is already fully pollinated she won't have that reaction.

20201216 170131
20201216 170138

20201216 170126
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

These gals were definitely not happy in solo cups and that's sure no way to treat a pregnant lady. I have no idea what I was thinking or how high I could have been to think that was a good idea. 🤷‍♂️ So I did what I had to do and tried to very gently transplant them and give them better accommodations. But because I'm literally a giant clutz, I almost snapped a stem and had to tape one.. The hits just keep coming idk lol

I've never transplanted a flowering plant but there's no way they were surviving 5 more weeks like that. The roots def looked pretty meh but I have confidence they will be ok.

View attachment 1068826
View attachment 1068837

I've seen plants herm directly underneath breaks like this so I will keep a close eye on her but my theory is that because she is already fully pollinated she won't have that reaction.

View attachment 1068828View attachment 1068834
How long ago did you pollinate? After stumbling upon this post @Milson Reccomended this book, a ton of interesting info in here.

Screenshot 20201218 100018 Kindle
Screenshot 20201218 100004 Kindle
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

View attachment 1068826
View attachment 1068837

They'll survive the transplant. :) I'm about to drag a few flowering plants out of bonsai containers into 3 gal pots. They are root bound and still growing height. So...

What kind of watering set up are you running? I've been thinking about moving to something like that.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
They'll survive the transplant. :) I'm about to drag a few flowering plants out of bonsai containers into 3 gal pots. They are root bound and still growing height. So...

What kind of watering set up are you running? I've been thinking about moving to something like that.
Basically exactly what the cocoforcannabis.com high frequency fertigation tutorial lays out. Its a DTW system except I chose the hydro halos instead of drip emitters (which I hate). I've been too lazy to build a runoff collection and disposal system but eventually I will. For now I raise up the floor slightly in the back of the tent and collect in the front with a turkey baster lol.

DNhappy

DNhappy

So is everyone chipping in to do a breeding project or are we just talking about our own projects?

DNhappy

DNhappy

I'm actually trying to make some s1 seeds of a bunch of strains I got from a friend. Prob do some fem crosses as well with the pollen that I have from each strain if you guys could help me pick some fun crosses I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have GMO, Apple Fritter, Slurricane, Runtz, 98bubba, aj sour pee, gushers, mendo breath, Ice cream cake, gelato 45, gg4, sfv og, sundae driver. I'll be making s1 with all these, but was wondering if it's a good idea to cross them with the pollen I have of each strain? Any info would be appreciated.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I'm actually trying to make some s1 seeds of a bunch of strains I got from a friend. Prob do some fem crosses as well with the pollen that I have from each strain if you guys could help me pick some fun crosses I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have GMO, Apple Fritter, Slurricane, Runtz, 98bubba, aj sour pee, gushers, mendo breath, Ice cream cake, gelato 45, gg4, sfv og, sundae driver. I'll be making s1 with all these, but was wondering if it's a good idea to cross them with the pollen I have of each strain? Any info would be appreciated.

Hows it going? Theres a lot of good info in this thread. Recommend you start at the beginning :). With respect to making a mountain of S1's? That's A LOT of pheno hunting. Hope you've got a ton of space :))) I wouldn't cross anything with anything until you grow it and smoke it and then grow it again. The OP of this thread recommended I read up on hybrid breeding and I have. Theres a lot of data to consume before that question gets answered :)

DNhappy

DNhappy

Thanks I'll definitely start from the beginning. I've actually grew them all out already and sprayed the bottom of a branch on each strain with sts. I left the top of plant to see how the flowers will grow and turn out they are all beautiful and unique I just wanna make some s1 for future stock Incase something happens! I heard that s1 are pretty identical to the original clone and sometimes even better is this true?

DNhappy

DNhappy

This is a Apple fritter that my friend grew and I have the exact clone so most of his stuff is really nice. I'd like to keep them around, just wondering if it'll make exact copies of the clone in seed form?

858F2EB4 BADA 4607 ABD6 862116923F65
DNhappy

DNhappy

Oh man I feel like a dummy I'm sorry for coming left field and talking about s1. I think what you guys are doing is awesome unfortunately I can't join as much as I want too but I'll be stopping my grows in the next couple of months for a new job. That's why I'm making the s1! I hope you guys the best on your project. Again sorry for coming outta no where stay blessed!

SSgrower

SSgrower

That makes two of us. But if we are willing to learn and the teachers present themselves...
I ran across this, interesting. I have very little indoor or outdoor skill but have been researching "Like a mad scientist", seeing the move Canada made & all these new states onboard. My IRS check will fund lights & a Coco coir grow not Hot Rod parts this coming year. So tent size must be what? Donating to this informative site is a no-brainer.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I ran across this, interesting. I have very little indoor or outdoor skill but have been researching "Like a mad scientist", seeing the move Canada made & all these new states onboard. My IRS check will fund lights & a Coco coir grow not Hot Rod parts this coming year. So tent size must be what? Donating to this informative site is a no-brainer.

I cant sleep. Guess where I end up. Hilarious.

Tent size? Man everyone uses something different. I was about to jump into a 4x8 with my wife's blessing (rare and her idea even more rare). But I'm used to closets in my little home grow. So I opted for more Viparspectras. P4000's this time. And a shit ton of mylar. Much cheaper. Just depends on space, budget, type of grow.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I did a trial run closet run when I lived in the city before LED's became so popular, got the grow 1/2 way to maturity when I had to move to the coastal bend of Texas. Now I have a serious interest in retirement funds,Lol. I thought the experiment, forum designated a certain tent requirement?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I did a trial run closet run when I lived in the city before LED's became so popular, got the grow 1/2 way to maturity when I had to move to the coastal bend of Texas. Now I have a serious interest in retirement funds,Lol. I thought the experiment, forum designated a certain tent requirement?

Ask yourself "What is a tent... really?"
Mylar
Light proof
Facilitates air exchange and filtration
Way to hang lights and prevent spills.

Yep... I've got all that :)

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
No requirements except for the willingness to grow out a few plants! 👍

zebrausa

zebrausa

View attachment 1068826
View attachment 1068837

Once pollinated ,I grow for at least 6 more weeks to make mature seeds. There's a story about that but I will usually keep the male in the same room or tent. I shake the male everyday. Your done, it's pollinated. If outside, I place the pollen in a paper bag and place the bag over a nice bud for three days. There is a protocol for seed collection, and care which I will not address that with this post. Pollen can travel miles so be careful when pollinating.

It takes anywhere from 6 weeks to 2 months to grow a flowering clone. I have one right now. Once it breaks the flowering stage, the bud will slowly deteriorate.

Top Bottom