A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sounds like it will be fine, just keep it separate in the container...

After weighing the pollen samples subjected to the drying treatment, the pollen was placed in 1.5 ml Eppendorf tubes, which, in groups of three, were placed inside glass jars with silicon dioxide (commercial silica gel) at the bottom, with a layer of cotton so that the tubes were not in direct contact with the silica gel.

amekins

amekins

I was thinking underwatered🙄
Definitely not.
Is the sun getting really hot out there? It might simply be stress, from the transplant. Maybe keeping it out of the high afternoon sunlight for a bit and allowing only early and late day sun might help, but it's just a guess. Trying to offer you some suggestions.
it was in full sun before without any issue. The only change was the pot.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Definitely not.

it was in full sun before without any issue. The only change was the pot.
So there you have it, its got to be something it's not liking in the media for some reason or another. Or the change in the media. I was going to say this from the beginning, but here goes: Give it a good flush. lol, that's what I would do, if it isn't perking up anytime soon.

On the other side, I think sometimes just upgrading the pots themselves, don't matter if the media is good or not, they just need a little bit of time to recoup. Anytime there not perking up though, it's best to find them a shady spot to recover. The sun will kill it quickly in that state.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Now they got issues are there roots showing if so cool them down
They were showing through the little sack they were in but now once transplanted.
603FE5E1 F516 4CC8 8203 E2F4C6433510

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So there you have it, its got to be something it's not liking in the media for some reason or another. I was going to say this from the beginning, but here goes: Give it a good flush. lol, that's what I would do, if it isn't perking up anytime soon.
Yep if it's young it need protection like a child this is the learning curve if the new grower .

amekins

amekins

So there you have it, its got to be something it's not liking in the media for some reason or another. I was going to say this from the beginning, but here goes: Give it a good flush. lol, that's what I would do, if it isn't perking up anytime soon.
I flushed plain water twice today.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I see you do lots of organics there, are you mixing up your stuff from scratch?

amekins

amekins

Yep if it's young it need protection like a child this is the learning curve if the new grower .
I guess I don’t really know what I missed. It was already in full sun and rooted in a little sack of coco coir, transplanted into a pot of coco coir though there is added perlite. Would the perlite cause an issue? No feed change, just a bigger pot with some perlite added. That new grower shit grates on me, can you tell? 😂

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I guess I don’t really know what I missed. It was already in full sun and rooted in a little sack of coco coir, transplanted into a pot of coco coir though there is added perlite. Would the perlite cause an issue? No feed change, just a bigger pot with some perlite added. That new grower shit grates on me, can you tell? 😂
If you didn't rinse the coco well enough there might be some potassium in there causing a bit of a fuss, that's entirely possible too. My guess is that the pot itself is just bigger, and the root ball on that plant might have been a bit on the dense side. so make sure the center part is getting plenty of fluid from inside the wrapper there, until your roots get established on the outside of that tree pot.

Should be fine, if it's given some relief from too much sunlight, and given some time. I'm thinking a day or two, you should see improvement.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm going just shock when I get that I put in light dep for 24 hr after transplant . All good Amy I'm not busting you balls lady just trying to help . You know me A . 😜

amekins

amekins

If you didn't rinse the coco well enough there might be some potassium in there causing a bit of a fuss, that's entirely possible too. My guess is that the pot itself is just bigger, and the root ball on that plant might have been a bit on the dense side. so make sure the center part is getting plenty of fluid from inside the wrapper there, until your roots get established on the outside of that tree pot.
I considered taking it out of the pot and rinsing and seeing if it can recover and then trying to transplant again.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

Should be fine, if it's given some relief from too much sunlight, and given some time. I'm thinking a day or two, you should see improvement.
Yep and after you wash the Coco you need calcium added to the Coco

amekins

amekins

I'm going just shock when I get that I put in light dep for 24 hr after transplant . All good Amy I'm not busting you balls lady just trying to help . You know me A . 😜
I know my friend, and this is why I’m just saying it outright. I know you’re not busting on me. Definitely my issue. 😂

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've got plants that have done the same thing actually. Ones with dense root balls, and they were getting far too root bound. It takes some time before there able to rebound from having the roots locked in a cage.
Yep and after you wash the Coco you need calcium added to the Coco
Yea, I try and do that days in advance if I remember.

Top Bottom