A great skunk strain with the stink

• Thread starter Chester13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chester13

Chester13

Looking for a great skunk strain, I've grown many, always fruity. Tried to get Dominion gear for years, but always sold out. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be appreciative. Willing to pay for great seeds just can't find the genetics. Thanks everyone

BigCube

BigCube

Looking for a great skunk strain, I've grown many, always fruity. Tried to get Dominion gear for years, but always sold out. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be appreciative. Willing to pay for great seeds just can't find the genetics. Thanks everyone

As far as anyone can tell, the old skunk is gone. Nothing today compares to the skunk of the 90s. It's all fruity and citrusy. The skunk we remember (often called roadkill) that stunk as bad (good) as burnt rubber and needed to be double and ripple bagged, is gone. Sadly.

I hope one day it turns up out if some old hippies garden. But for now, its lost.☹

dire wolf

dire wolf

As far as anyone can tell, the old skunk is gone. Nothing today compares to the skunk of the 90s. It's all fruity and citrusy. The skunk we remember (often called roadkill) that stunk as bad (good) as burnt rubber and needed to be double and ripple bagged, is gone. Sadly.

I hope one day it turns up out if some old hippies garden. But for now, its lost.☹
Hey b , do you think sensi skunk or sensi super skunk is decent in seed form anymore from the sensi seedbank ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I talked to my friend in co yesterday. He said he still gets the skunk we used to get a couple times a year. I thought these guys were long gone but i guess some old locals still know them. I asked him to watch out for bag seeds. He will. Its the best lead i have had in 12 years.

I meant to post this in the thread we have going.

Its still out there! “Legal” weed wont get it. This is far from a legal grower.

BigCube

BigCube

Hey b , do you think sensi skunk or sensi super skunk is decent in seed form anymore from the sensi seedbank ?

I've not tried that one as far as I know.
But i can tell you nothing I've smoked in the last 15 to 20 years compare to what we used to call skunk. Somewhere around 2000, skunk was no longer skunk. Instead it's something that is more fruity than skunky. And way less stinky.

Give it a shot! But I'm sure if it was the good old skunk we all know and love, word would be out. I'm betting it's just another fruity Semi skunk strain.

BigCube

BigCube

I talked to my friend in co yesterday. He said he still gets the skunk we used to get a couple times a year. I thought these guys were long gone but i guess some old locals still know them. I asked him to watch out for bag seeds. He will. Its the best lead i have had in 12 years.

I meant to post this in the thread we have going.

Its still out there! “Legal” weed wont get it. This is far from a legal grower.

If you ever get your hands on it, LET ME KNOW PLEASE... I would do unspeakable things for them genetics.

BigCube

BigCube

Well dont go crazy yet. I never got a mature bagseed from it in 10 years of buying it out there.

But if i do and grow a plant...

...i will change my name to MISkunkmasterFlex!

:-)

Have you smoked it? it's the real deal?
Just k owing it's still out there makes me feel better.

I cant wait to see if this 10+ year old blueberry takes. The plant was in rough shape, but I managed to get a decent looking clone. We shall see.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have you smoked it? it's the real deal?
Just k owing it's still out there makes me feel better.

I cant wait to see if this 10+ year old blueberry takes. The plant was in rough shape, but I managed to get a decent looking clone. We shall see.

Yes it was the deal deal. My room mate in colo could smell a quarter in a basement back bedroom closet in double zip lock bags as soon as he walked in the front door upstairs at the front of the big house.

It was grown in south park back then. Last I saw it was like 2005 or 07. Always cracks me up that it was south park. :-)

If my friend said it was the same skunk it definitely was. He always buys it when its around he said.

If its the same grower friend of his he is interested in my Black Widow x BLT. could be a fortunate discovery.

But im not there so its a thin chance I can get something.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Have you tried increasing the sulfur content of the soil? The skunk smell comes from sulfur compounds called thiols. A couple big scoops of calcium sulfate per plant should help increase it.

jkill9109

jkill9109

Have you tried increasing the sulfur content of the soil? The skunk smell comes from sulfur compounds called thiols. A couple big scoops of calcium sulfate per plant should help increase it.
I have been doing research regarding this exact subject. I have not tested it out yet, but it seems to make some sense. If that profile isn't there though, it can't enhance it right? I have been looking into environmental factors that may influence that smell, and I've come to the conclusion those plants are pollinated by flies instead of bees. We should be looking for plants that originally grew in high altitudes with a canopy of trees where Sapromyophiles frequent. Makes sense you always heard of it growing in the mountains or cooler regions on the East Coast. I wonder if we got the genetics back to an area where the main pollinators are flies if we would see those smells in a few generations?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have been doing research regarding this exact subject. I have not tested it out yet, but it seems to make some sense. If that profile isn't there though, it can't enhance it right?

Here is a decade old thread that has a lot of great info and links.

Last edited:
zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I agree completely...I go into Cannabis retail stores...the thing now is chrome eh. The nicest, fruitest smelling, prettiest best manicured bud, you know High Times centre fold glamorous buds that if you got half as high as it looked, it'd be Top Shelf. Thing is, it ain't...I remember leaf that was better than the Top Shelf $78 per 1/8th ounce stuff in the retails. The skunk they grew in the mid 1990's was absolute wheelchair kick-ass bud. The stuff you didn't operate heavy equipment, rather you couldn't operate any equipment type stuff. It's long gone...I've bought Skunk #1 seeds...a few times, the bud is nice, but it barely smells like fukall...Skunk bud, Wheelchair weed we called it, it stunk like skunk...skunk shit stuck on the bottom of your shoe all winter and hid in the closet smell. The seeds I bought grew bud, but not Skunk bud...not even a bit. I'm not sure they ever smelled a skunk before...??? Call it Fruity Tuttie, Blackberry Rocks or Lemon Limey...but unless it smells like a damn skunk, don't call it that. False advertising. I recall Skunk bud seeds, few and far between but they had them...always HUGE and had patterns on them, like a stripped tiger or spotted cat almost...long gone because they bred the stink out because it drew attention to grows...in the process, they bred out potency. I have kids disagreeing steady with me all the time...thing is, I was actually there...they wasn't.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

oldschoolchronic.com claims to have the kentucky roadkill for 250 a pack or whatever it is.
If you give up the skunk chase and just want punchy go with nl5xhaze from ak bean brains. or deathstar from ak bean brains. Or sensi star bx4 from ak bean brains. Or one of the various chemdog x deathstar type crosses from motarebel.
or nevilles skunk from mr nice.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have been on a personal quest just like everyone else to find the old skunk. Im also hunting through old Catpiss stuff too because I vividly remember the Catpiss stuff being really awesome and really loud. A different type of smell but still really great. If your goal is to find old skunk genetics then you need to focus all your efforts on the state of Kentucky thats where the real RKS still exists. People say its gone but I know that its still there just rare and backwoods. I have a few different KY based strains Im running now we will see how they come out. Im gonna keep searching in the hopes of finding something that is at the very least close to a real skunk. The older the bag-seeds you can find the better

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Try castle seeds.com

growsince79

growsince79

I agree completely...I go into Cannabis retail stores...the thing now is chrome eh. The nicest, fruitest smelling, prettiest best manicured bud, you know High Times centre fold glamorous buds that if you got half as high as it looked, it'd be Top Shelf. Thing is, it ain't...I remember leaf that was better than the Top Shelf $78 per 1/8th ounce stuff in the retails. The skunk they grew in the mid 1990's was absolute wheelchair kick-ass bud. The stuff you didn't operate heavy equipment, rather you couldn't operate any equipment type stuff. It's long gone...I've bought Skunk #1 seeds...a few times, the bud is nice, but it barely smells like fukall...Skunk bud, Wheelchair weed we called it, it stunk like skunk...skunk shit stuck on the bottom of your shoe all winter and hid in the closet smell. The seeds I bought grew bud, but not Skunk bud...not even a bit. I'm not sure they ever smelled a skunk before...??? Call it Fruity Tuttie, Blackberry Rocks or Lemon Limey...but unless it smells like a damn skunk, don't call it that. False advertising. I recall Skunk bud seeds, few and far between but they had them...always HUGE and had patterns on them, like a stripped tiger or spotted cat almost...long gone because they bred the stink out because it drew attention to grows...in the process, they bred out potency. I have kids disagreeing steady with me all the time...thing is, I was actually there...they wasn't.
I just chopped one that's pure skunk smell and extremely potent-so its still possible to resurrect what you seek.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I just chopped one that's pure skunk smell and extremely potent-so its still possible to resurrect what you seek.
Awesome bro I was following your thai columbian grow that was a great one! Are you gonna isolate out that best pheno and continue breeding with it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom