A Grower's Biggest Headaches

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

[/LIST]
Gorilla tape has worked for me to plug holes in tray. No leaks yet. I guess we should add some good duct tape to the list.
Duck tape is a must to any list it can fix or temp fix anything. I did not have a chance to read this whole thread yet but i would like to add something unusual how about spray foam. Has saved me alot of trouble numerous times. Just yesterday i used it - took clone from friend who i noticed at his grow had tons of mites and i am meticously clear - hell i sleep 5 feet away from my flower closet so i clean at least twice a week. Well really a fan of mango and i lost my mom - so took one of his clones - MISTAKE spider mites start popping up:sign0065:I clean everything like a nut all three area's i use. Spray neem everywhere - well after a day or to still mites :mad0233:everywhere - well i use 5 gal lowes buckets and they have the rim around them with spaces that go up - cant see unless they are above your head. Well happened to notice a big ass nest up in there, hum what to do ......
  1. spray foam - them suckers closed
  2. root inhancer
  3. several dozen of dif scissors and pruners
  4. lime
  5. n-p-k
  6. twist ties - a must
  7. sticks for support
  8. gloves small thin- but enough to keep the dirt from under your nails - hate that
  9. shock
  10. neem asst bug defense
  11. m.o.a.b - not sure if i noticed improvement
    1. twine
    2. rzor blades
    3. soil
    4. papers
    5. grinder
    6. ultra snow storm
    7. locks
    8. epsom salt- ?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Great thread, takin' notes from those who know!

-K-
agreed excellent tread seamaiden.......... ok off to harvest a mawi yeah!!!!!!!!!! little disapointed in yeild but i should of not topped this plant as it did not seem helpfull towards yeild - live, learn , do it better next time.... what to put in next ..... SLH....I think or i might let my lemon skunk and mango finish up and switch to 2.5 gal buckets with a s.o.g (never attempted yet) peace all - off to trim

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If I haven't added this to the list yet:
Physan 20.

cannabeans

cannabeans

plain and simple

physan 20 is basically bleach for the ag industry.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I use it at just a couple of drops per gallon. Anyone use anywhere close to the recommended dosage? The warnings are scary. I use goggles respirator etc when spraying that stuff.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I use it at just a couple of drops per gallon. Anyone use anywhere close to the recommended dosage? The warnings are scary. I use goggles respirator etc when spraying that stuff.

Must be really strong stuff - wondering the cost compaired to reg bleach and the benefits,,, funny i just stopped bleaching my veg cabinet to look at the farm..... thanks for feedback guys .......with regular old clorox diluted :character0095::bow

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
if you dont mind my ignorance - what is it sea,,,, check you mail tomo also peace
It's quaternary ammonium compounds, well known and used in many areas and industries, from beauty (hair and nails) to medical. It's known to be one of the better sterilizers out there, not just sanitizer, sterilizer.
Sort of, but it's better than bleach.
Oh man...ok, I don't spray it, I use it as a dip, and I ALWAYS use it at reco'd dosing rates. It's very similar to what aquarium shops (should) use for keeping nets and specimen cups clean. Public aquariums don't typically spend a lot of time netting up fish so they don't keep buckets or containers of pre-mixed quats ready the same way aquarium shops do, but it is still used to great efficacy for preventing spread of disease.

I personally would never go so far below reco'd dosing rates. I doubt it could really be effective, or as effective as I/we need it to be, especially if we're already working to prevent spread of a disease or pest that's already present. I just use chem-resistant gloves since I don't use it as a foliar.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Sorry but I am still confused, what would you use physan 20 for?
Is it used to "wipe down" equipment and the room between harvests or is it used to sterilize a rez.
Thanks for the any info!
Cheers!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Is it used to "wipe down" equipment and the room between harvests or is it used to sterilize a rez.
Thanks for the any info!
Cheers!

sounds to me like it can be used for both but im a little confused myself wouldn't a bleach type chemical kill fish and your plants. i would say its just for cleaning but never used it.....chime in here sea.......
i am a clean fanatic so this is something i would def like to add to my collection.......​

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soser, when it's used as a net dip only the nets are submerged, what remains on the net when you got to net up a fish is negligible and is far, far better than the pathogens and parasites you could likely be spreading. I have never once seen a fish even shocked by being netted with something that had been in fresh contact with quats.
Thanks for the any info!
Cheers!
Yes, yes, and yes. You can also dip cuts into it, and sterilize all other equipment that comes into contact with plant material with it. They have fairly complete directions on the label for all these types of uses and what rates to use to achieve a particular end.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's why I said, sort of, but better than bleach. :)

For one thing, if I splash it, I don't bleach out my jeans. I have a tendency to drop things, am a little clumsy.

deep buddy

deep buddy

one thing i like to have are battery operated led lights for power outages or unexpected or unwelcome visits. also wetting agents for foliar app.s dunno if thats basic equip or not good thread.
+1 on the fogger/atomizer makes app a breeze
+1 on 1 or 2 extra everything!

S

sk2004

Think id add superthrive or thrive alive to the list. And a big box of drywall screws. And like 20 different brands of cloning gels/liquids/powders. (woohoo, first post)

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

My operation is about as limited as my experience, but I've used the following many times even in a few months.

-ball of twine
-light gauge steel wire + dikes
-zip ties
-hose clamps
-new filters for my RO
-CaMg (^^^)

It may mostly be generic "desert island" stuff, but you best believe I'll have a grow tent on my desert island!

singingcrow

singingcrow

ph up n down! nothing worse than mixing fresh nutes only to spill ur last bit ph over! now your hydro systems drying out while ur waiting for the shop to open! yep got the t.shirt! lol.....mrc

I've done that..lol! Good one..

Latest posts

Top Bottom