A Little Advice On My Coco Grow Anyone?

• Thread starter KMProp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KMProp

ok here goes. so I began experimenting here there and everywhere and never tried a run with some real advice of fellow growers so, I'm hoping you guess can point me in the right way in succeed in a yield that was actually worth the hassle:D

so here is how I'm going to run! [if you recon anything needs changing please tell me]

4 x Blue Cheese
1.2 x 2.4 x 2.4 Area
Canna Coco and Clay Pebble Mix
2 x Lumi 400Watt HPS
2 x Lumi 600Watt HPS
4 x 69 Litre Pots [18Gall] HUGE ROOT ZONE :D
2 x Oscillating Fans
1 x 6" Carbon and inline

Hand feeding with -
Canna Coco A & B
Canna Boost
Canna Pk 13 14
[calmag just incase]

i would appreciate some advice on length of veg, temps, humidity, how frequent should i feed? etc etc

basically how would you run this set up if it was yours?

thank you all for your time.

mancdank

mancdank

ok here goes. so I began experimenting here there and everywhere and never tried a run with some real advice of fellow growers so, I'm hoping you guess can point me in the right way in succeed in a yield that was actually worth the hassle:D

so here is how I'm going to run! [if you recon anything needs changing please tell me]

4 x Blue Cheese
1.2 x 2.4 x 2.4 Area
Canna Coco and Clay Pebble Mix
2 x Lumi 400Watt HPS
2 x Lumi 600Watt HPS
4 x 69 Litre Pots [18Gall] HUGE ROOT ZONE :D
2 x Oscillating Fans
1 x 6" Carbon and inline

Hand feeding with -
Canna Coco A & B
Canna Boost
Canna Pk 13 14
[calmag just incase]

i would appreciate some advice on length of veg, temps, humidity, how frequent should i feed? etc etc

basically how would you run this set up if it was yours?

thank you all for your time.
Too much light for such a small tent if the dimensions u have put are correct start with the 400s and swap for the 600w when needed but summer is here so I guess just keep your eyes on the temps also for veg time just make sure they your space is guna be filled :)

K

KMProp

Ye it's a 1.2m X 2.4m X 2.4m
So other than the lighting, you recon it's a sure thing?

X.rm

X.rm

Too much light for such a small tent if the dimensions u have put are correct start with the 400s and swap for the 600w when needed but summer is here so I guess just keep your eyes on the temps also for veg time just make sure they your space is guna be filled :)
I was thinking is this from Europe or something? 1.2×2.4×2.4 ? Even for a tent, that shits crazy. Theres gotta be some kinda type-o... 4, 18gl pots ? I dont think that will fit either ?

K

KMProp

1200cm deep X 2400cm wide X 2000cm high

That's the most space I have, so you recon remove the 600s?

mancdank

mancdank

The tent u have is a 2 light tent but summer is here try your 600w if it gets too hot replace for the 400W

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You might be better off by following a Coco grower and mimicking their grow.
Read a few threads and decide what method suits your style and go from there.

K

KMProp

I'm changing the 69L tubs for 20s or 25L tubs do you recon that's more suitable for my grow? 6 rather than 4.

mancdank

mancdank

I'm changing the 69L tubs for 20s or 25L tubs do you recon that's more suitable for my grow? 6 rather than 4.
I've had good results with 8 plants in 15l if u got air pots u could get away with 10s but would need a drip feed system on it eventually or u will need to hand water twice maybe 3 times a day other wise. How much time do u have to tend to your crop ???

mancdank

mancdank

I've had good results with 8 plants in 15l if u got air pots u could get away with 10s but would need a drip feed system on it eventually or u will need to hand water twice maybe 3 times a day other wise. How much time do u have to tend to your crop ???
If u got 20s u would only have to water 3 times a week

K

KMProp

are they fabric pots a necessary? are they recommend i mean? if so i dont mind buying some.
as for time, i can make enough time in the week to water 3 times easily. so if i was to get some would you recommend 17L or 23L? [they are the only sizes my local shop sell]

X.rm

X.rm

Ok, ok, pardon my metric ignorance. Lmao. .. we americans are a simple people's. .. ok, man I've got info for you my friend. Well, you want your plants to receive optimum light levels to fuel photosynthesis, i.e growth. You can measure light in many ways such as photons, lumens, nanometers, even foot candles. Theres virtually no such thing as too much light, provided you can manage the heat produced by the same light source. Lumen is a measurement of light output good quality lamps will put out about 96 lumens per watt, nanometers is just a scale used to measure wave lengths of light, color and spectrums. Photosynthesis however is the building of chemical compounds (carbohydrates) from light energy, water and carbon dioxide (CO2). SO what you should really be interested in is photo synthetic available radiation (PAR), par contains wavelengths between 400 and 700 nm
A 600W light covers a 6×6 area somewhat adequately but i would illuminate a 4×4 area with a 600W lamp minimum. I was about to go off on a rant talking about micromoles and photon flux density and i just realized im high as a muthafucka! !!!

X.rm

X.rm

Ok, ok, ok man I've regained my composure; here goes. .. according to my calculations you have approximately 3347 square feet of growing area and its 65ft tall. Is this right bro ? I cant help but think that im waaay fucked up when i crunch your numbers. IDK where i got that you have a tent but... listen im gonna keep it simple man... you say you have two 600w lamps i personally use thre 600w lights over a 4×8 area soooo....
I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU CAN USE BOTH 600W & ONE 400W LIGHT IN A 4×8 AREA and place 16 5gl fabric pots in that area and obtain EXCELLENT results. I pulled 4lbs off that area with a trellis and some well veged pruned/trained ladies. If you use CO2 your plants will be able to tolerate more heat even thrive in a warmer climate. Is air conditioning not possible for you ? I hand watered with a sub pump and a wand, vacuumed runoff. Its a bit labor intensive but pays off in the long run.

K

KMProp

Ok, ok, ok man I've regained my composure; here goes. .. according to my calculations you have approximately 3347 square feet of growing area and its 65ft tall. Is this right bro ? I cant help but think that im waaay fucked up when i crunch your numbers. IDK where i got that you have a tent but... listen im gonna keep it simple man... you say you have two 600w lamps i personally use thre 600w lights over a 4×8 area soooo....
I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU CAN USE BOTH 600W & ONE 400W LIGHT IN A 4×8 AREA and place 16 5gl fabric pots in that area and obtain EXCELLENT results. I pulled 4lbs off that area with a trellis and some well veged pruned/trained ladies. If you use CO2 your plants will be able to tolerate more heat even thrive in a warmer climate. Is air conditioning not possible for you ? I hand watered with a sub pump and a wand, vacuumed runoff. Its a bit labor intensive but pays off in the long run.

thank for the info buddy!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, ok, pardon my metric ignorance. Lmao. .. we americans are a simple people's. .. ok, man I've got info for you my friend. Well, you want your plants to receive optimum light levels to fuel photosynthesis, i.e growth. You can measure light in many ways such as photons, lumens, nanometers, even foot candles. Theres virtually no such thing as too much light, provided you can manage the heat produced by the same light source. Lumen is a measurement of light output good quality lamps will put out about 96 lumens per watt, nanometers is just a scale used to measure wave lengths of light, color and spectrums. Photosynthesis however is the building of chemical compounds (carbohydrates) from light energy, water and carbon dioxide (CO2). SO what you should really be interested in is photo synthetic available radiation (PAR), par contains wavelengths between 400 and 700 nm
A 600W light covers a 6×6 area somewhat adequately but i would illuminate a 4×4 area with a 600W lamp minimum. I was about to go off on a rant talking about micromoles and photon flux density and i just realized im high as a muthafucka! !!!

There is a such thing as too much light!!! You can actually OD your plants with too much light. Ever see bleached buds?? ......... Come on man dont throw erroneous info out to a beginner starting out in coir.

K

KMProp

There is a such thing as too much light!!! You can actually OD your plants with too much light. Ever see bleached buds?? ......... Come on man dont throw erroneous info out to a beginner starting out in coir.

I've always assumed when coming to flower that the more light the better as long as you keep your eye on heat stress / burning etc..

so i appreciate your input as I've never heard of that before, you learn something new every day!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes it is true. When using a set amount of space to illuminate you can over do lighting. Ive seen some grooms that exceeded the lumens put out by the sun at sea level. I saw a room full of 1000w DE Gavitas bleach every plant in the green room. Multiple strains. Wasnt a pretty site. So yes the quote too much of a good thing when it comes to plants rings true. :)

X.rm

X.rm

:eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece:
My bad cactus man. Your absolutely right. I went back and looked at my comment and i believe in a misguided attempt to help a fellow grower i may have expressed a thought in an incorrect manner. What i meant was that in the space he has with the amount of lights he has to use right now theres no way he could have light burn. LIGHT TOXICITY IS A REAL AFFLICTION !!! ( i appologize to KMprop, i definitely OVERmedicated earlier today and may have been in an extremely hyper state) lmao...
@ jumping cactus, thanx for correcting me in a propper manner. Your not only a scholar but your also a gentleman, i salute you sir. And that's why I've been following you for over a year now. PEACE !!! to all

Top Bottom