A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

• Thread starter Scotty2toes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
threatco

threatco

It just goes to show. Sometimes you can over care for your plants.

Reactions: Ina
Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

It's crazy how much of a difference a little nutrients/correct soil and not using basic Miracle-Gro/distilled(no additive nutes).

But on the other hand, and speaking of MG, I have a buddy (first grow) who popped 6 Royal OG bean bag seeds on 1/13/20, which all are female BTW. (Indoor 3x3 grow with full spectrum LED the entire time on full power) He has used Miracle-Gro potting soil the entire time with MG nitrogen and some Flower Power Booster shit, and mixed tap water with epsom salt/molasses intermittently throughout both veg and flower. He had a little guidance at the beginning with topping, and has some big bushes going. He successfully rooted around 12 clones, and removed one of the plants so he can have some room as well, plus super cropped the remaining 5. He's been in the flower cycle for a couple weeks now and currently counted 60 budsites.

I thought he was nuts and going straight hillbilly with his first grow regarding mediums/tactics but since he started, no stunt issues, and has had both spider mite and aphid infestation which he mitigated quite impressively.

If the final product ends up smelling awesome and ends up tasting good, then shit to each is their own. Not a bad first grow.

View attachment 973793

20200516 222606

20200516 222532
20200516 222326
20200516 222020
20200516 222005

20200516 222456
20200516 222215
Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Finally grabbed a Feit 65w single bulb, and this plant is going super strong. It finally has blasted out to be able to feed it well where the fabric was almost soaked. Now I have to figure out how to capture clean pics with this damn light...

IMG 20200519 232801 02

Last edited:
Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Afghan is ridiculous. Germed 4 banana pepper, 2 dill, and 6 tomato. 1st shoot is a tomato. Beans came in, I know it's not from here, but I will be putting auto's on my list through here when it's that time. Fem Amnesia Ganja Haze, Reg Green Alien, and the mystery pack is Fem Skywalker. Life's a garden, dig it brother.
IMG 20200520 181308

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Watered a little early, and decided it needed a shoulder workout.

20200523 165736

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Watered a little early, and decided it needed a shoulder workout.

View attachment 976663

In other news, the lawn is a little behind but looking great. A lot better than it was and the neighbors yard still hasn't been cut. I'm gonna start throwing my grass in his backyard. And maybe a bunch of oil based half filled primer/sealer.

IMG 20200523 170409
  • Love
Ina

Ina

I always wanted to know something,may be its strange question but why people in America rarely have fences on their yards(at least looks like it on pics and movies)? they are mostly really short?here there is huge,stone/brick fences ,even more then two and a half meters high!I personally prefer to have big fence so no one can see me:) but what is going to happen if you build...a wall there,around your house,is it going to be strange for others?!:D

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

I always wanted to know something,may be its strange question but why people in America rarely have fences on their yards(at least looks like it on pics and movies)? they are mostly really short?here there is huge,stone/brick fences ,even more then two and a half meters high!I personally prefer to have big fence so no one can see me:) but what is going to happen if you build...a wall there,around your house,is it going to be strange for others?!:D

It's because of the so called "American Dream" I believe in regards to aesthetics. I'm done fitting in with the upscale neighbors I have. Plus it's a rental so I'm not dropping cash for a fence on my dime, but willing to make the grass nice.

threatco

threatco

I think fences we're more popular a couple of decades ago. Now they are mostly seen as unneeded. Not much time spent in front yards to need privacy. Not much crime to worry about security. Not much foot traffic to worry about trespassers.

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

I want to give a shout out to Berry White, who was eaten by our rabbit named Chuck Taylor on Day 28, 30 days ago. RIP.

20200426 114415

Today is Day 28 for my Afghan. 7" at the top of the start of the 3rd node. Gallon fabric pot that's 8.5" wide for reference.

IMG 20200526 195148 02

With a handful of great tips thus far, and straight gut feeling, it's great to bring something to life.

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Sorry my count was off, start of the 4th.

And obviously the difference between the right soil and nutrients, it's a sick joke how much bigger than the Berry White this one is.

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

IMG 20200527 170007

Trimmed it up just a tiny bit, it felt like it was necessary. If I'm wrong for doing so please let me know. Plan on trans tomorrow into a 7 gallon for start of day 30.

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Thanks threat.

The first fan leaves were holding up the smaller set of 5 and they seemed to be "excreting" a nice smell of some type of photosynthetic WTF clear substance onto the fan leaves.

Keep in mind, I literally have just delved into any type of botany starting just this year so I'm still green with all of this.

Pun intended.

20200527 171855

Last edited:
Top Bottom