A Little Harvest Help Please

• Thread starter WiffyBead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WiffyBead

WiffyBead

Don't know if this is the correct area to ask for help so please let me know. First time grower with 3 plants from bagseed. 3 different strains (as far as I can tell). I am 53 days into flower and one girl in particular is showing signs of readiness (to my noob vision anyway). Lost a few leaves to yellowing, decent trichomes production, I'd say about 50% amber hairs, and some amber trichomes. I'd like to keep her going as I am not super happy with her bud sizes but I don't want hardcore couchlock. Here are some pics of her. Any help identifying when she might be ready would be a massive help. Thank you in advance.

A little harvest help please
A little harvest help please 2
A little harvest help please 3
A little harvest help please 4
A little harvest help please 5
A little harvest help please 6
xenon730

xenon730

You can usually keep them until all hairs orange without it getting past a third amber, but every plant is different. They can cloud quickly but take a while to straighten and enlarge. The short cloudy ones are finished, the taller ones next to them will also shorten as the cap fills with resin. Your plant looks like 33% of the trichomes have ripened and the rest are on their way. The way most people feed, you'll want 10-14 days of flush. That is probably about how many days you have left until peak ripeness but some can take forever or no time. Is that a faster plant? Week 7.5? Should be another 7-10 probably for peak ripeness.

xenon730

xenon730

watch for it to throw a nanner in 5-10 days carefully. A lot of strains will throw a nanner or two upon ripening. You'll want to check in the am cause as the light stays on their fragrance lessens. It increases again in the dark. That's why plants always stank in the morning.

WiffyBead

WiffyBead

You can usually keep them until all hairs orange without it getting past a third amber, but every plant is different. They can cloud quickly but take a while to straighten and enlarge. The short cloudy ones are finished, the taller ones next to them will also shorten as the cap fills with resin. Your plant looks like 33% of the trichomes have ripened and the rest are on their way. The way most people feed, you'll want 10-14 days of flush. That is probably about how many days you have left until peak ripeness but some can take forever or no time. Is that a faster plant? Week 7.5? Should be another 7-10 probably for peak ripeness.
@xenon. First grow so I don't know for sure if she is fast or not. She seems to be faster than the other two. I have used an extremely light feeding schedule as I was afraid of nute burn. Figured it was better to go lighter than heavier with my minimal experience.

WiffyBead

WiffyBead

watch for it to throw a nanner in 5-10 days carefully. A lot of strains will throw a nanner or two upon ripening. You'll want to check in the am cause as the light stays on their fragrance lessens. It increases again in the dark. That's why plants always stank in the morning.
@xenon. In regards to nanners gettin tossed. Is there a major concern with pollination this late? Do I pluck them off as they appear or leave them be? I've been watching somewhat phychotically for them in fear of ruining the Grow. Thanks for all the info btw. There is a wealth of it out there and sometimes it's tough to separate the good from the horrible.

xenon730

xenon730

@xenon. In regards to nanners gettin tossed. Is there a major concern with pollination this late? Do I pluck them off as they appear or leave them be? I've been watching somewhat phychotically for them in fear of ruining the Grow. Thanks for all the info btw. There is a wealth of it out there and sometimes it's tough to separate the good from the horrible.
If you see any at this point you just chop the plant. I carefully remove the one that showed up. Now is the time where she will nanner. Once they finish making the seed pods, if not pollinated, she will produce nanners to pollinate and seed herself. A nanner shows peak ripeness because it indicates wherever she develops first, that she is completely done working on seed pods(calyxes). Which means shes done developing their armor, trichomes and buds, and thus they will begin to degrade.

fatawa

fatawa

Aint no way yur plant is throwin amber...yur hairs havnt even turnd yellow/gold let alone begun to pull back n towards yur buds.u got wks left homie.check them trichs wen hps isnt on

fatawa

fatawa

And amp up that p&k u got them reddish stems on fans leaves.shes asking for it for a swell coming.

BudBogart

BudBogart

If you see any at this point you just chop the plant. I carefully remove the one that showed up. Now is the time where she will nanner. Once they finish making the seed pods, if not pollinated, she will produce nanners to pollinate and seed herself. A nanner shows peak ripeness because it indicates wherever she develops first, that she is completely done working on seed pods(calyxes). Which means shes done developing their armor, trichomes and buds, and thus they will begin to degrade.
Thanks for the good info. My question is...if a plant throws a nanner this late in the game, and it is not removed, what would happen, if anything, to the buds?
Thanks.

xenon730

xenon730

Thanks for the good info. My question is...if a plant throws a nanner this late in the game, and it is not removed, what would happen, if anything, to the buds?
Thanks.
Yes! She is naturally trying to seed herself, and like all plants, she's good at what she does! Even if you chop you may find a couple preseeds in that area. This is why it's important to log finishing dates and grow your best cuts again. I would simply record the nanner date and harvest her 1 day earlier next time. But if you're always just running random plants and cuts, you always will have plants going hermie sometimes. It's not an unnatural process for the plant.

fatawa

fatawa

buy some seeds nxt run thats best advice here.i hav been growing a long time n i hav never heard of seed pods being a sign of peak ripeness.ha.but i dnt grow bad genetics nor specialize n hermies so....pull it so u dnt hav more seeds..mayb.but it damn sure aint peak ripeness.if u didnt hav beans u wouldnt b yankin shit cuz u got wks left

xenon730

xenon730

buy some seeds nxt run thats best advice here.i hav been growing a long time n i hav never heard of seed pods being a sign of peak ripeness.ha.but i dnt grow bad genetics nor specialize n hermies so....pull it so u dnt hav more seeds..mayb.but it damn sure aint peak ripeness.if u didnt hav beans u wouldnt b yankin shit cuz u got wks left
You clearly didn't understand what i wrote. You don't know what youre talking about here and everything i said in this thread is accurate. You actually didn't even understand the thread or what we were talking about at all lol.

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

Just because someone else got confused, did you understand what i was saying about harvest time and things to watch for? And that we were discussing the what if she throws a nanner right? Just want to make sure you got the information right, don't want to confuse you or anything. Lmk If you got it or have any questions. Have you cloned any plants yet? Have you thought about keeping cuts around to regrow? Cloning your best plants to regrow can help you learn much faster than running random plants from seed over and over. Remember i said to watch for nanners in 5-10 days and that she's got 2 potentially more or less by a few days yeah? And to let the pistils orange? Sorry just the way he didn't understand anything i said at all has me paranoid you didn't get it. You seemed to know though when you asked me about the nanner throwing. I care about your learning and success so please let me know if anything wasnt clear for you.

Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I agree with @fatawa with buying yourself some good beans next time. Bagseed is a crap shoot in so many ways; they are an unknown cross, they probably won't be like the parent completely, you have to cull males, they are likely the product of a hermie so are more likely to be hermie, etc. I use feminized seeds to control those variables. It'll cost you 10 bucks a plant, but you eliminate so much uncertainty. Then take clones from the known good seeds, and you have a free, known product for the indefinite future.

fatawa

fatawa

I am 53 days into flower and one girl in particular is showing signs of readiness (to my noob vision anyway). Lost a few leaves to yellowing, decent trichomes production, I'd say about 50% amber hairs, and some amber trichomes
@xenon730

fatawa

fatawa

watch for it to throw a nanner in 5-10 days carefully. A lot of strains will throw a nanner or two upon ripening.
mine dnt throw nanners wen ripe homie.like i said b4 mayb pull it so u dnt hav a bunch of beans n yur buds but 100% forsure this aint no sign of ripeness.its a sign of sketchy genetics

xenon730

xenon730

mine dnt throw nanners wen ripe homie
Again, you just don't understand what you read. We were specifically discussing if it did. And a lot of cuts do and my point to expect random plants to do it is how you prevent disasters and get better at growing. Otherwise you end up being one of those people who grow for a while but really know nothing and always talk without knowing what they're talking about. Their plants always look stuffed with fried tips and they are the main perpetrators of the common cannabis myths.

Top Bottom