A little help from my friends? Mag def??

• Thread starter Gleny88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m going to do run to waste. Do you think that with led 55 gallons would do 4 720 watt per week ? Like running 7 plants under each light? I defiantly will keep that in mind about mag.
Will depend on the block size but all I have to compare it to is coco... @Dirtbag Help a brother out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Personally I kinda feel its gonna go up to about 1.5 gal a day per plant in the peak with run off. So 28 plants I think your gonna be like 2 days max at peak maybe less. But thats speculation.

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

I’m going to do run to waste. Do you think that with led 55 gallons would do 4 720 watt per week ? Like running 7 plants under each light? I defiantly will keep that in mind about mag.
I pretty much have a almost exact setup as to what your referencing to two 3x6 trays 4x8 canopy 1680w of led over each tray with 12 plants total in 5 gal fabric pota with 70/30 coco perlite and my drip burns 15 gal per day all from the start of flower through. Hope that helps 👍

Last edited:
Gleny88

Gleny88

So you are saying it is not worth switching to LED? Or not worth switching brands? I have been worried as I am building out a whole new room for LED grow. A lot of commercial places are switching here in Colorado I have seen a few grows I have worked at do a complete switch. That’s what peaked my Interest. When these 720 commercial series came out. But I haven’t seen to many crops come in yet or any numbers. I have heard though mixed things on these forums. What do you guys think? I just went with growers choice 720 as there selling the most here and got best price.

Last edited:
Gleny88

Gleny88

I have built a new grow for an led run myself. I’m working with like 10 wide 14 long 9 ceiling. I’m thinking about two strips of 4 and doing a five dice pattern over two botanicare trays side by side 4^8 hopefully with about a foot on each side. Run to waste each side getting 55 gallon res. Staggering a month apart. I am concerned the res won’t be big enough. And I’m worried about heat and redialing nutrients for led. Going to run 10 inch max with max filer 390 cfm exhausted out. 2.9 min air exchange butterfly inlet on thermostatic switch. Sealed but no co2 first time. Maybe 5-7 lady’s a light. 6 inch Rockwool cube put down on a new slab into flower. Veg d for 2 month topped several times and pruned up for scrog. PVC tray holder eith double trellis type scrog system. Something like this. Going to do half room at a time for a month to monitor heat and see what else needs to be dialed in. I’m hoping cold Colorado night air and a little luck I won’t need to much cooling requirement. And I’m hoping I won’t mix more than 55 gallons per side a week keeping nutrient costs to 160$ a crop all in. I’m curious to see electricity differences and feeding differences. I can up res to 100 gallons if I need too though. With Godspeed numbers basically 30 gallons a day for 4 lights that’s 210 a week. I may have to rethink my res. I am still able to do that now.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So you are saying it is not worth switching to LED? Or not worth switching brands? I have been worried as I am building out a whole new room for LED grow. A lot of commercial places are switching here in Colorado I have seen a few grows I have worked at do a complete switch. That’s what peaked my Interest. When these 720 commercial series came out. But I haven’t seen to many crops come in yet or any numbers. I have heard though mixed things on these forums. What do you guys think? I just went with growers choice 720 as there selling the most here and got best price.
Oh its definitely worth switching to LED imo. Nothing wrong with those lights. I'm an hlg guy personally and I would say thw gavita or scorpion diablo if someone is asking for the best efficacy and light output per watt but I would absolutely grow with GC.

Gleny88

Gleny88

I still can change them as I haven’t picked them up yet. They are moving Gavita and GC so fast where I ordered them that it’s ridiculous. I just put a deposit down so I could get them before a back order.I have looked through the forums and can’t find any info on completed runs though.. what’s the average yield averaging grahm per watt you guys are all seeing?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I still can change them as I haven’t picked them up yet. They are moving Gavita and GC so fast where I ordered them that it’s ridiculous. I just put a deposit down so I could get them before a back order.I have looked through the forums and can’t find any info on completed runs though.. what’s the average yield averaging grahm per watt you guys are all seeing?
@sshz is pulling over 3lb a light on his gavitas if you search the grow diaries he has 2 grows in after switching from hps and his yields are much improved. I have spent all last year doing mother hunts and trying different medias but in my 4x4 was pulling over 2lb with al hlg 600. No way you should get less than 2lb a light.

Gleny88

Gleny88

That’s good to hear! I was a bit worried. Those are some amazing results! I am turning my head towards the Gavitas now... I sall they have the same exact total u/mol as growers choice. I’m glad to see that people are getting that. I have a number in mind that I am reaching for 1.5/1.75g per watt. I was thinking that would be a nice conservative number. I was getting off of nanoteck Dhps 1000 watt maybe 1500 1550 g per light. So if I could hit 1000/1200 I would be happy. I’m going with snow ball genetics on one side and then gg genetics on other.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’s good to hear! I was a bit worried. Those are some amazing results! I am turning my head towards the Gavitas now... I sall they have the same exact total u/mol as growers choice. I’m glad to see that people are getting that. I have a number in mind that I am reaching for 1.5/1.75g per watt. I was thinking that would be a nice conservative number. I was getting off of nanoteck Dhps 1000 watt maybe 1500 1550 g per light. So if I could hit 1000/1200 I would be happy. I’m going with snow ball genetics on one side and then gg genetics on other.
Yeah will depend on veg time and plant numbers. I think he is doing 12 per light 4-5weg veg in a peat based media. Probably less veg time in hydro likely 3 weeks?

Gleny88

Gleny88

That’ sounds about right. If I do 7/8 and veg for 6 weeks. Usually I try to prune 5-6 time and get 12-15 heads trained off like 6-7 wish bones. I’m going to try and find his journal. That’s a lot of plants! I was thinking 4*4 footprint per light! He must be doing 6*6! That’s good news to here too. Do you think 1.75 gpw is obtainable with half the plants?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’ sounds about right. If I do 7/8 and veg for 6 weeks. Usually I try to prune 5-6 time and get 12-15 heads trained off like 6-7 wish bones. I’m going to try and find his journal. That’s a lot of plants! I was thinking 4*4 footprint per light! He must be doing 6*6! That’s good news to here too. Do you think 1.75 gpw is obtainable with half the plants?
On the gavitas here some are pushing over 3gpw. Should easily hot 1.75

Those light are a 5x5 flower I believe.

sshz

sshz

Nope, 4 x 4 sq. ft area......... the lights only have an inch or two extra on each side. And yes, 12 plants per light. If I was only shooting for 2 lbs per light, I would have stayed with the HPS. Orange gasm gave me 3 lbs. 5 oz per light. The Sweet Zombie gave me 3 lbs. 3 oz.

Gavita does say they are made for a 5 x 5 area, so a little bigger area is probably fine. Smaller space only intensifies the production.

Gleny88

Gleny88

3 per watt!!!!!! At 720!!!! That’s AMAZING I have never seen that!! That’s like 77 ounces!!

sshz

sshz

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from......the Gavita's are 645 watts so thats 1290 watts total. At 106 oz, that 2.3 GPW or 6 lbs and 6oz total.

Last edited:
Gleny88

Gleny88

3 Gram per watt 3 * 645 1935 / 28 69 not from your post one before.

Last edited:
Gleny88

Gleny88

Does it go differently off LeD? I didn’t know if there was LEDformula or soemthing. Your saying you got 6 pounds a light? Or with two? Just surprised to hear that many plants in a 4# 4 area. Vegged that long I have to try this then. That’s amazing. No offense was given here..... just so you know...I just haven’t seen these led in too many grows outside of commercial and have no idea on the setup and all that. I’m amazed at these results! That’s pretty rad. I figured the trade off would be crazy. But it’s about similar or better?

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Let make it easy, I got 53 oz off each led........look up Orange Gasm and read thru the thread. I have a video or two towards the end you may find interesting of the room.

sshz

sshz

I was averaging a bit over 2 lbs per light with hps, made the switch and haven’t looked back.two grows with them and got 100+ oz each time. But you’ll need to be experienced to bring out the high numbers, including gaining experience in defoliation, proper strain selection and proper fertilization rates, among other things. I knew nothing about led when I bought them, just learned as I went but I do have 30+ years of growing which surely helped me along.

Gleny88

Gleny88

I’ll check it out for sure. That’s so cool! I was responding to aqua man and didn’t see your post in time I think lol. Sorry I was taking his three and doing a GC light. But 2.3 is way better that I was expecting anyway. That’s some awesome sauce right there.

Top Bottom