A little of this… A little of that…

• Thread starter RockPhosphate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RockPhosphate

I have a few ingredients laying around and I wanted to mix em and bubble em up for some tea.

I plan on feeding a tea once a week along with Age Old Nutrients to my gals.
I want to make something simple in a 5 Gallon bucket that I can apply directly to the soil. No dilution.

Most of the recipes here are for a very concentrated tea.
I would love to be able to make a small batch with reduced ratios for weekly brewing.

Here are the ingredients that I have:

Down to Earth Fish Bone Meal 3-16-0
Down to Earth Blood Meal 12-0-0
Happy Frog Bat Guano 0-5-0
Earth Worm Castings
Age Old Kelp
Great White
Molasses

If anyone has some suggestions as to a no dilution rate for these ingredients, I will love you forever.

A little of this a little of that
A little of this a little of that 2
A little of this a little of that 3
M

mrbong73

RockPhosphate

I think you would be better off mixing the fish bone meal, bloodmeal, ewc, and kelp and doing a top dressing or mixing it into your soil (best).

If you want to make a tea for microbial life, a little high quality ewc or compost(1/2 cup) with a pinch or two of alfalfa meal and a tsp or so of molasses will do you right. (depending on your tea brewing set up)

If you want to make a nutrient tea. Alfalfa meal and kelp meal are among the best sources for micro nutrients etc.
The Great White product is best used at first apperance of roots and when you transplant. ie as early as possible. There is no benefit in putting these products in a tea or repeatedly throughout the grow.
You could probably bubble up some "organic bottled nutes" but I'm not sure what that would do for you.

Good luck!

R

RockPhosphate

I found this great tea thread by JollyGreen thats just filled with great info.

Farmer Guano had a lot to add to the thread.

I really was just pursuing more info because of this paragraph -->

The main thing your looking for in organic food sources is N-P-K (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium). The ratios of the numbers should be 3-1-2 for veg and 1-3-2 for flower. What you use doesn't matter much. For Nitrogen you could use alfalfa meal, dried blood or Mexican bat guano. For Phosphorous try bone meal, Jamacian bat guano or Neptune's Harvest fish. And for Potassium it's kelp meal, seaweed or Earth Juice Meta-K. And there are others.

Heres a link to those posts.

S

Shredder

RP I can tell you from experience it is much easier to amend your soil, then touch up with your age old (reduced amounts) or a microbe tea. Mr bong's advice is right. Trying to feed at optimal amounts with untried nutrients is harder than what you commonly read on the net, while in properly amended soil, plants pretty much grow themselves. The plants take up what they need when they want it. And you could have much less problems like lockouts, and burning than you see more often in bottled nutrient growing. Whatever you decide, keep reading, and when you start, keep good notes....good luck friend......shredder

Latest posts

Top Bottom