A M A - I'm Lino, Ask Me Anything!

• Thread starter Herb Forester
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
His first story had me shaking my head when he was telling his wife to calm down because he had not decided what he was going to about snitching on his 3 good friends yet...

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Be the best internet Lino you can be
IMG 0998

lino

lino

Wow 10 years old and saving beans, hahahaha bahahaha
Don't forget lino your born in 62.
Hoarding beans in 72. Hahahaha
Be all you can be on the internet, ya see.
I was 11 when I got my first bean. My first crop was flooded. My father taught me hort. I was breeding alfalfa also. My first raid occurred at at 13 when APHIS agents took my alfalfa and 35 Day Wonder Plants seed bank. The agent didnt find my cannabis seeds, The seeds were on the plants out in corn fields.

My 72 Mexicans evolved into other strains and are what we smoke today. The Polaroids are long gone by cops by here is my last documentations. Plant Pics coming soon..

The Mexicans and I were making crosses. There is another grower/breeder on here working with this rite now,

My work, Snake Bite, There is another grower/breeder on here working with this rite now,

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

@lino - just a little older than you, sorry to hear you were caught up in the reign of terror over cannabis. Back then, you'd get plenty of seeds with your ( bag, lid, oz ) purchase. And it was not a happy thing since they weigh a bit more than what you really wanted. I recall planting some in my uncle's field in Idaho while I was there for the summer (about the time you were planting yours). They looked grand, until the grasshoppers chewed them to nubs. After that, it was pretty clear I'd be getting my weed at the park.

iKharon

iKharon

Lol.. this was an epic thread to read. Always appreciate seeing you around Lino.. wealth of info, fun war stories.. if you ever make it to Pagosa area, hit me up! :) Happy growing all.. cool to see you guys on this thread here.. jumpin, grow, fresh, Lino...

lino

lino

I like the history. Keep it coming. The biker story seemed right out of "sons of anarchy", good shit.
What do you think of the "sativas" of today? Are any of these new strains spittin images of their ancestors?
I think sativas get a bum rap... I feel like most pure sativas which are almost impossible to find anymore lean toward more equitorial very thin leaf plant from damp jungle environments, However I think plant like some Mexican strains may not be actual landrace strains but thru breeding and adaptation some of the strains have became invasive strains adapted to their environments. These sativas can have fatter leaves but this is my speculation. I ve said the term hemp is used incorrectly. Now with DNA mappinng of cannabis we found out that I was correct about sativas. I notice in my seed bank that I had certain strains that would sky rocket,,, many labled,
From Valley of the Giants... river bottom bud , grew with 40' trees
Jack & Bean Stocks, bent over woven into the corn fields and weeds and fence lines
Jolly Grn Giant and others
I notice that the 30' - 40' plants would have 2 distict Genotypes . Each genotype common to its own strain.
Many of the sative strains broke down into 2 different commonalities in traits.
The ones that grew 25- 30 ft were brachy and not as limber. Lemon smells. mediocre toughness.
The 2nd strain had genotypes 30- 40' and 7 - 10ft to first branch, delicate plant and other traits.

So it came together for me in 1983 when I germ some seed from a Boat Ppl person that gave 2 strains of seeds, One he said was grown on a chinese river and the other was a strainn from Nam. The grew EXACTLY like he described. I realized what was in my seed bank from HS, 2 distinct sativa strains were appearing

So we had cannabis naming wrong and it kept messing me up trying to figure this out. We had the nomenclature of Cannabis incorrect. I knew something was wrong in the naming convention and I knew we were missing some break down in classification and I knew that the name new scientific name of Hemp class was made up by the Gov scientist and that botanist traveling with Exporers made mistake in Hemp naming. The indians told the Explorers and his botanists that Hemp is not cannabis , those plants are Indian Red Hemp , its not cannabis, Botanist got it wrong long time ago. We figured it out and renamed Indian Red Hemp to cannabinus,, but they didnt fix the cannabacea family until very recent. There are now Trees , berries and many palnts in the Cannabis Classifications. I noticed saw tooth leaves on all these plants,,, huh,,, this was a massive shift in the family and naming.

The Chinese strain ive worked with is my 'Ancient Chinese Secret', 40' 10ft to first branch, delicate smaller buds and one massive top cola. Long gangly and out grows some predictor zones but very difficult to grow in most areas. I finally grew it rite in 22' foot green house. The new name, kinda (actually the old name) assigned to this strain is:
Cannabis chinensis Delile.Ancient Chinese Secret CV

The Vietnam strain
30' branchy and lemon tougher sativa and other traits but those are good indicators you have Vietnam (Indo-China) this strain is named:
Cannabis gigantea Delile ex Vilmorin CV LinoLemonator

I dont want to go into my giant Thai pures and cultivars rite now but this WAS a controversial nomenclature here also. So glad to see em starting to get it rite.

Haze, well all these sativa' have a commonality that I think gives them a bad rap. They're Very HARD to grow. Its hard to replicate their native environment. I find it hard to get pure sativa's produce with potency like they can produce in thier native environments. 20 weeks in a tent and they get sick if your not on your game... And who the hell does that for some gangly plants that hard to grow... But if I were in Cali or Florida I'd be breeding them and it would still be hard to get them to produce proper.

@MandyJane , how bout posting that fancy named Hawaii sativa, she a good a example of what I like about sativa. Sativas can be the shit if you grow it rite,.. I,ve noted some sativas thriving under LEDs. taking notes ...

lino

lino

Okay what would you do?
SolarCity calls me to come back to work. I dont like working, i like growing dope and thats straight up honesty. So I explain that I dont like to work and just want to sell them the Lino Lite Recycler. I'm not lazy but I like to be in grow room . And you guys got mad at me for teaching the crew how to grow bud and setting up their rooms, they dont care and still ask me to come back to work. I'm bout ready to bite the bullet and go back to labor and then the powers to be get a call from Elon.
I shouldnt be revealing Tesla info from here down but what the hell, some of this is not release to public yet. He actually read his email. I explained the Lino Lite Recycler and how SolarCity has not done anything with my idea, I have to accept 1 of a cpl offers, but i'm not going to and add a caveat counter offer to one of these tomorrow :
1guarantee career with innovation team at Tesla- 1st duty unmanned solar plane.
2guarantee career with product team building toys, lots of Solar and Tesla drones! :)
3one time offer...
Well I better not say exactly, its confidential info but your about to see Tesla stores and products at very common retailers and many more products than Cars, solar, and batteries. Make Apple stores look like slums,, wait till you see what were about to launch :speechless:

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Is their a super sativa thread yet? @lino what about these invader sativa strains...I have what I thought was 80's stock of sativa mexican beans but they mostly grew starting off with wide fat 9-11 finger leaves then with maturity the fan leaves get thinner and thinner but rarely pencil thin like the classic sativa pics I use to see in the old old high times magazines of yesteryear...Danks in advance and ballsy thread. @MandyJane
Hawaiian Honey Lemon :party1:
View attachment 679309
Wow, goes without saying, um mmmmm what month in flower is the pic and how long of a veg did she get aaaaaaaaand is she from clone or seed? How's her nose......I never have these many q's for indicas...
naz

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Okay what would you do?
SolarCity calls me to come back to work. I dont like working, i like growing dope and thats straight up honesty. So I explain that I dont like to work and just want to sell them the Lino Lite Recycler. I'm not lazy but I like to be in grow room . And you guys got mad at me for teaching the crew how to grow bud and setting up their rooms, they dont care and still ask me to come back to work. I'm bout ready to bite the bullet and go back to labor and then the powers to be get a call from Elon.
I shouldnt be revealing Tesla info from here down but what the hell, some of this is not release to public yet. He actually read his email. I explained the Lino Lite Recycler and how SolarCity has not done anything with my idea, I have to accept 1 of a cpl offers, but i'm not going to and add a caveat counter offer to one of these tomorrow :
1guarantee career with innovation team at Tesla- 1st duty unmanned solar plane.
2guarantee career with product team building toys, lots of Solar and Tesla drones! :)
3one time offer...
Well I better not say exactly, its confidential info but your about to see Tesla stores and products at very common retailers and many more products than Cars, solar, and batteries. Make Apple stores look like slums,, wait till you see what were about to launch :speechless:
I'm uh big fan of tesla.

lino

lino

@nazarbattu , I luv that word 'Invader' Sativa strain. I think the best example of sativa Invaders are the Mexican Crops. It seems like many of the Mex seeds start fat and get that hybrid sativa look as the plant grows. But I ponder;
In places of Hemp crops, monoecious bred cannabis, the monoecious plants seem to have Dom traits over mutts, dioecous bred, in many types of traits. The on slot of monoecious pollen in SE Colo makes me think this pollen is very fertile, Dom over mutt pollen also, hemp gamets are kicking mutt gamet asses.. Maybe happening, I'm still guessing on that.
But here is my ponder;
Did monoecious SATIVA males native to Mexico invade Mexico Indica Dom American Female mutts? Or
Did the Mexican breeders introduce American Dom Indicas to their crops.?
I bet both cases occurred making it harder to separate these strains.

Top Bottom