A MUST READ FOR EVERY INDOOR GROWER!

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

My man Wobbly Goblin posted this link on another site and I thought it would be great to share with the canna community at large! Some may already be up on this but for the others who are not here's the real.....
http://www.marioptics.web.com/index.html

I have had countless debates on the forums over the topic of which is better? outdoor or indoor weed, I was even given negative reputation from a couple "a-holes" just for given out some info that I've observed over my years of growing........Time to come up out of the Matrix bruthas & sisters!

S

swisscheese

Interesting... Basically I should only grow outside and pollinate my plants? Is it saying I should pollinate my indoor plants for more potency?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Sorry about that! .....I'm still learning how to use technology! LOL
Interesting read indeed Dirk, I've felt like Neo, I just knew something wasn't right. My people still talk about the crops that I grew under UVB in '08 and '09, some young punks broke in my house then and wiped me out and I haven't used any since, but that's about to change today!

dirk d

dirk d

my hydro guy was talkinga about adding some of these uvb bulbs in my op. said something about only running them a few hours each day. I'll add some after I get a few more things dialed in my OP.

symbiote420

symbiote420

My homie says a guy he knows runs his for 8 hours of the 12/12, he has a 2 hour window before and after the UVB turns on/off to work in the room.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i will b adding a uvb to my room soon..is only one needed? or is it per light=watts?

S

swisscheese

Did I read it wrong because I caught the UVB part but what about the whole pollinated plant thing that everyone is skipping over? I thought it said you need both for maximum effects to be achieved?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
good stuff. supplemental lighting for the win indoors.
same strain grow indoors and outdoors.
the white out 25% in 20-22%
My homie says a guy he knows runs his for 8 hours of the 12/12, he has a 2 hour window before and after the UVB turns on/off to work in the room.
SWIM is doing the same thing. running 3 hours before lights off last 3 weeks of flower. :D

symbiote420

symbiote420

Did I read it wrong because I caught the UVB part but what about the whole pollinated plant thing that everyone is skipping over? I thought it said you need both for maximum effects to be achieved?

I've said this before "all female plants have the potential to hermie, it's a survival mech to ensure the survival of a species ......all annual plants will do this! I get unknown beans from some rookie(s) every year outdoors, that's city life for ya, peeps living in close quarters to each other! I usually pollinate a few buds whenever I grow seeds.

ttystikk

ttystikk

What's needed now is a few good sources for UVB lighting. I've been interested in adding UVB to my setup for about a year now, and I think I'm at the point where it would make a big difference in the quality of my produce. What I need now is where to find lighting that A. is relatively easy to setup and maintain, B. emits light in the right spectra, and C. has a decent effective life, so I'm not spending an arm and a leg replacing parts.

619ster

619ster

What's needed now is a few good sources for UVB lighting. I've been interested in adding UVB to my setup for about a year now, and I think I'm at the point where it would make a big difference in the quality of my produce. What I need now is where to find lighting that A. is relatively easy to setup and maintain, B. emits light in the right spectra, and C. has a decent effective life, so I'm not spending an arm and a leg replacing parts.
Ceramic Metal Halide....

I use it but haven't measured the UVB since I don't own a meter. Great light with GREAT variety of spectrum compared to MH and HPS. Can use it for veg as well as flower (I've had great results with it in flower).

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Ceramic Metal Halide....

I use it but haven't measured the UVB since I don't own a meter. Great light with GREAT variety of spectrum compared to MH and HPS. Can use it for veg as well as flower (I've had great results with it in flower).
will a digi burn that bulb?

S

swisscheese

Ceramic Metal Halide....

Hey Mr. Mysterio how are your yields with the cmh compared to regular old fashioned hps bulbs? I have a friend who swears by them but I'm not sold yet.

619ster

619ster

Hey Mr. Mysterio how are your yields with the cmh compared to regular old fashioned hps bulbs? I have a friend who swears by them but I'm not sold yet.
Yields are equal to hps IME. They only come as high as 400w and have to be ran on magnetic ballast. Just got done with a run in a tent, 4x4, 9 plants, 30-38g each which was somewhere between 300-340 grams (not sure I sample too much lol). This was with horizontal bulb and parabolic reflector. I've seen better hauls with vertical bulb setups. I don't post everything of mine here, but I have pics saved, and a few grows on different stuff here.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i run 50/50 hps /mh, and get good results..but im about to run two eyehorts super hps's, and was thinking of adding some kind of extra spectrum..was about to drop some 65k cfl's in the canopy, or uvb's.

619ster

619ster

Oh yea cmh also comes in 250w bulbs. They supposedly have a 1000w cdmh or something of the sort. Haven't looked too much into it. I also grow with LEDs so I got alot going on as far as UVB and spectrum is concerned. I'd love to add some plasma induction in my space. I've thought about reptile bulbs for UVB but not sure. Like earlier mentioned you have to keep it moderate and timed so you don't overload and burn your plants/trichs

Top Bottom