A New Level of Confidence

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Whats the code on footers bro?
Twice as wide as the foundation wall. Should be reinforced with rebar. You should have some rebar sticking up vertical every 4-6 feet since your planning on a block wall. If you were doing poured walls your footer would need a key way (grove) in the center. Also it should have bleeders connecting the drainage to the Sump. 8" should be ok but if it's s two story 10" typically.

*disclaimer*
I'm a carpenter that deals primarily with new construction. :bookworm:

stonestacker

stonestacker

Whats the code on footers bro?

I have a tendency to over build. 4" wider on each side of wall [12" block 20" footer] always 10" thick with 2 #4 rerod. I'm thinking this is code in Washtenaw county. Building codes are different for every county. In Washtenaw county you haven't been allowed to use less than 12" block or 10" poured wall for a basement in the 30 + years I've been doing this shit. I personally would do a vertical rerod every 4 to 6 foot on center and two bond beams one @ the top and one half way up. But that starts to get costly.
Thats why I lol when I saw the double withe brick basement wall. Good luck. You still have a lot of work ahead of you.
You remind me of myself in my younger years. Not lazy it's just time well spent, and I can do that shit!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Well the digging and framing is complete! Should have a footer poured on fri and start the walls on sat. ill be glad when its done!

20141015 151529 1
20141015 151529 1

stonestacker

stonestacker

Lol. Not an easy job is it prime.
Now's the time to tie inside and outside drain tile together with sleeves in the footer. How deep is that footer? Are you going to keep this house or flip it? Did you pull a permit?

sixstring

sixstring

omg between that mixer and the pallet of shingles you got more work than you can shake a stick at,my back hurts just looking at that pic lmao.nice find on the mixer bro,buddy of mine just got a power buggy for cement off reggieslist for 300. which is pretty much the daily rental on those fuckers.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
omg between that mixer and the pallet of shingles you got more work than you can shake a stick at,my back hurts just looking at that pic lmao.nice find on the mixer bro,buddy of mine just got a power buggy for cement off reggieslist for 300. which is pretty much the daily rental on those fuckers.

Haha yeaj those shingles are just chillin for now. I might start another section in a week or so just depends on money. I have 4 pallets of block 3 tons of sand and the bags of mortar not pictured for that back too!! Im in deep now theres no turning back bro!

Top Bottom