A noob with a Mag 357 LED

• Thread starter Medijuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

i just got some advise from a fellow experienced grower. they ask if you added more nutrients than normal. yellowness could be due to over fertilization or over feeding your plant. try slowing down the nutrients. also i recommend not giving the plants any nutrients other than water and light the last week of your grow. flushing the plants and soil makes your herb taste much much better in my opinion. -sebtown krew member

Medijuana

Medijuana

Are they all the same strain?

outwest

Yeah, they're all the same strain from the same mother plant. That's why I'm so perturbed.

if there not all the same strain id say that plant is done. what week are you on? your getting close to finish you, have you gotin the info you need for drying and curing yet. that part is important all your effort could turn out for nothing iv made that mistake. your doing really good so far im impressed keep up the good work. -sebtown krew memeber

I'm only on week 6 of flower, and I thought at a minimum this would take at least 8 weeks. I don't want to chop yet, as there's still no signs of amber trichomes forming. This does throw a bit of a monkey wrench into my plans, as I was planning to use my grow tent as the drying/curing space. Keeping an adequate RH is a challenge where I live; I can't just hang them anywhere. The tent is the only place I'll be able to keep the RH around 55%. Thanks for the kind words though. I'm feeling pretty good about the results, just confused at the speed of maturity.

I do remember someone here on the LED sub-forum mentioning that he felt that maturing occured a bit quicker under LED, but I thought when I read that that it sounded weird. Maybe he was right?!

Medijuana

Medijuana

i just got some advise from a fellow experienced grower. they ask if you added more nutrients than normal. yellowness could be due to over fertilization or over feeding your plant. try slowing down the nutrients. also i recommend not giving the plants any nutrients other than water and light the last week of your grow. flushing the plants and soil makes your herb taste much much better in my opinion. -sebtown krew member

I'm in supersoil, but this type of yellowing doesn't look like nute issues. The plant is definitely sucking the nutrients out of the leaves. There are some leaves that have already completed apoptosis and they're turning brown and crumbly. If the buds didn't look so damn good, I would be more worried, but I have a feeling that the plant knows what it's doing here. Plus, this doesn't explain why the other plants that have had the exact same treatment are acting so differently.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My only other thought is over or under watering. The only deficiencies I've had thus far was due to overwatering.

outwest

nebulius

nebulius

Hey Medi, thanks for sharing your grow! How close do you keep your light to your plants? I saw it in the first pic. but not the other one. Just curious because that one plant is taller than the others.

Medijuana

Medijuana

My only other thought is over or under watering. The only deficiencies I've had thus far was due to overwatering.

outwest

There was a day about a week ago where the temps got higher than I normally let them and that plant was showing some wilt. I of course watered right away and she perked back up. I've been watering more frequently now but with less volume. I check the first inch of soil for dryness before I water.

Hey Medi, thanks for sharing your grow! How close do you keep your light to your plants? I saw it in the first pic. but not the other one. Just curious because that one plant is taller than the others.

The light is about 6" away from the tallest cola.

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

hey buddy, so i herd from a local grower that the led needs to be about 9 in away from the tallest cola, unless the tallest cola is alot taller than all the rest of the cola nugs, then id suggest twisting and bending it over very carfully to prevent the tall nug from getting light burn and allow the other colas to get the light they need. also you herd right, leds do make the flowering process quicker, i have two leds myself and i usally veg longer than flower and i only flower for about 6 to 7 weeks. i would recommend takeing all the yellow leaves off the plant untill the plant looks cleaned up. dont worry about takeing to many leaves off because ur gona harvest soon anyway and any remaining nutrients in the plant will move to the nugs. any lime colored leaves id leave on the plant to collect light and they have a chance to be saved if you pull off most the yellow ones. pretty much anything on the plant thats dying u can pull off carefully just try not to over strip the plant.

Medijuana

Medijuana

Well, I've harvested half the garden. The two plants under the 357Mag matured faster than I ever expected. I'm 46 days post-flip, or 6.5 weeks. I'd say that's pretty incredible for a sativa-dominant strain. The plants I harvested had about 10-15% amber trichs; the rest were cloudy. I'm purposely going for the head-high, so don't get too worried. I'm definitely of the psychonaut persuasion. The other two plants I'm going to let go until about half their glands are amber colored. So far, they haven't developed any amber glands, so they may have a week or two more to go.

Even though I haven't sampled the meds yet, I'd have to say that LEDs definitely worked for me. The buds look delicious, they smell delicious, and are covered in trichs. I'm very happy with the results so far, especially with this being my virgin grow.

Enjoy the pics:

IMG 7174

IMG 7176

IMG 7177

IMG 7181

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

looks good bro i am impressed. did the yellow one turn out ok?

Medijuana

Medijuana

looks good bro i am impressed. did the yellow one turn out ok?

Yep. All of the above shots in my last post are from the yellowing plant. I'm still in the middle of drying, and things are stinky. I can't wait to smoke my first crop.

Medijuana

Medijuana

So I'm waiting for the last two plants to mature to at least 50% amber trichs, and I've been inspecting them via the macro shots I've been taking. While looking at the glands, I noticed this strange little feature that I haven't seen before. The gland stalks on one of the buds are turning purple. I'm not worried about it or anything, I just think it looks cool, and I've never seen any pictures of purple stalked trichomes. Anyone seen this before?

IMG 7183   Version 2

This is the same bud. The pic above is a crop off the picture below:

IMG 7183

Thoth

Thoth

Nice LED grow, bro. :)

Your buds look quality. Love those macro shots.

Medijuana

Medijuana

Sick shots!

outwest

Thanks Outwest. My macro lens hasn't been so well used since I bought it.

Much love, liking the macro shots.

Keep it up :)

I will, though I only have a couple more weeks at most before these buds are chopped too. Then I'll have to take a few months off during the warmer months. Temps are too hard to control when it's warm here. :(

Nice LED grow, bro. :)

Your buds look quality. Love those macro shots.

The first round of the harvest went into the curing jars today, but I couldn't resist and sampled the goods tonight. I ground up the buds the usual way in the SharpStone, and was inundated with sweet fruit dankness with very slight petrol notes. I'm very impressed by the smell without any time into cure. As for the medicinal effects, they are still notable 4 1/2 hours later. I'm definitely not going to be able to go back to mass-produced, non-organic medicines. The high just felt so clean, though I'm sure the knowledge that the meds were well cared for may be affecting my judgement a bit. :D

Top Bottom