A noob's undercurrent journal

• Thread starter Headach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

On my UC i didnt get major root explosion until mid week 2. Right when u see them shoot up an inch or two quickly along with decent stem inflation the roots will take off. Maybe add some Roots Excelerator for some good measure.

Dont be afraid to let your ph go lower. Just stay above 5 but its ok if it fluctuates between, say, 5.4 - 6.0. Once i mix nutes for the week and set to 5.8 its rock solid all week.

I thought it was ok to have RH in the 30-40% range? and try to lower temps about 5 degrees as well.

Last week I was in week 2 of veg and i was at EC 1.9 and PPM 1475 and the girls took off! Nute temp averaging about 68 and room temp about 78.

Once the shock period is over for them you will really see the benefits of the UC. Hang in there! :rauch08:

H

Headach

Thanks for the tip, i just diluted 25 gal of fresh ro water to bring down the EC a bit until more rootmass shows up then ill bring it back up.

I am at .8 EC w/ pH @ 5.8, they should be happy now.

H

Headach

Just poured in my sample roots exec from h&g, going to adjust pH again.

For some reason whenever i adjust it, it goes back to 6.0 the next day

H

Headach

pH is adjusted to 5.5,

i will post some pic as soon as the plant look healthy, which i hope.

H

Headach

Taking forever to grow versus my old aero w/ a half-ass room -.-

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Ok ok let me help you out here please do every thing I say . First start off with a fresh batch of RO water add base nutes Canna Aqua Vega A + B and Magical at 5 ml per gallon bring your total ppm's to 250 ppm run this for 24 hrs, After 24 hrs add Roots Excel and Cannazym, Bring your base nutes up and your total ppm's to 600 run this for 1 week at a ph of 5.5 to 6.2 let the ph swing do not add ph up or down until your ph goes above 6.3. Dim your lights to the lowest setting and raise them all the way up. After they make it through they will explode with growth,Make sure your meter is calibrated and your chiller is set to 65 to 67 degrees .One last thing make sure your water level is below the top lip 3/4 the way up the bucket..After all this you still have problems shoot me a pm...JACK

H

Headach

thanks jack,

i realized something today when i turned off air pump. My system uniseal, pvc pipes, airpump water and airlines are covered by some soft brown looking particles.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Did you empty every thing and start flushing? I would not stress over the partical your seeing. And stay away from the urge to keep adjusting your PH after you mix your nutes give it 12 hrs to stabelize and start to swing... Jack

H

Headach

I am starting on it, have to fill up with RO water first. Which is going to take a couple more hours.

D

DaWiz

thanks jack,

i realized something today when i turned off air pump. My system uniseal, pvc pipes, airpump water and airlines are covered by some soft brown looking particles.
is it on the outside of everything or is it inside the pipes & res?? Did you rinse everything real good when setting up? How about even setting it all up letting run with regular water then drain & refill then start your system? this is a practice i have become acustom too, you just never know! If its on the outsides of everything then have you foliar fed anything but neem??

H

Headach

My RO system does 100 gal in 1 day -.-

Yeah i had water running in it for a couple of hours then add nutes, let it stablize then put the plants in. No foilar feed ever since the neem.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
The plants do not need to be foliar feed! One thing at a time. Let's get them going and then you can feed them, Do what you want but watch out for people jumping on here who do not run these systems...Jack

D

DaWiz

so no rinsing or flushing of the system??? you just set it up & ran it??? Were your clones in rockwool when you put them in or were they from a aeroponic cloner??

H

Headach

I'm going by ur recommendation jack. My RO going to take a lil longer so i have to wait a bit before i can start flushing. Do you keep the water at the Rim? which is about 3 1/2 inch down i think.

H

Headach

DaWiz,

When i first put together the system, i washed out the whole thing. My clones were off my aero system.

D

DaWiz

Started out with 800mL of bloom, 400mL mirco and 100mL of grow

Heres your problem who told you to mix this amount of nutrients??? Way too much P-K going with not enough nitrogen to get em started!! Just follow what Jack says & your girls will perk right up!!! Good luck too ya man room looks good you should be able to kill it!!:pimp: DaWiz!!!

D

DaWiz

Thanks man,

im working on it, ro just take it sweet ol time.
get your self a Brute 44 gal garbage can from homedepot plumb the RO to it with a good brass float for swamp cooler (the one with blue float) so you always have enough water for a res change just in case of emergency!!

Top Bottom