A veg room build out...

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

An angel was looking over your shoulder my friend!

I lined my reseivor room with pond liner and plumbed in a drain as well....I'm scared of water leaks.

DO IT

DO IT

Yeah I run such large rezi's that it would still over flow. I just gave up on trying to work from home. I would never leave a WH that I can build out to spec's to try and cram it all into a house. But I did do it for many yrs. ;)

Billyboat

Billyboat

Yeah I run such large rezi's that it would still over flow. I just gave up on trying to work from home. I would never leave a WH that I can build out to spec's to try and cram it all into a house. But I did do it for many yrs. ;)

I put a drain on the pond liner, so it would create a small pool and then fill up to a certain point and then drain away, so no spills. I have flooded it once and it didnt spill a drop.

I feel ya on that. I started in a closet, then a spare bed room, then a garage, then basements, then whole houses, then warehouses....I like work space!

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
Nice job BillyBoat!!

"No man is truly a king lest first he be a peasant"

I put a drain on the pond liner, so it would create a small pool and then fill up to a certain point and then drain away, so no spills. I have flooded it once and it didnt spill a drop.

I feel ya on that. I started in a closet, then a spare bed room, then a garage, then basements, then whole houses, then warehouses....I like work space!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
My brotha!!!how ya been?

The door is getting installed tomorrow, we shall see how true and square everything really is!! :)

Yea I used a gas framing nail gun, it makes it go fast.

I use pressure treated wood for the ones touching concrete.

I also will use 1x6s as a sealed baseboard, with caulking.

And I use the edpm pond liners as well, they are pricey but great.

I use 4x8 grow trays that drain into a bucket so I'm not worried about needing a drain.

Cheers!

I feel u bro, I started out with trays draining into buckets but ended up needing the height so I end up on the floor. I tried framing once by hand no gun and I would never do that again.
. Looking forward to the updates

Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I
Even made em hold it over night! Lol ;)

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing it.

I was wondering if that rubber flex seal you see on the info commercials, would work well at the baseboards or if it would offgass?
I've wondered that as well, glad to hear bout the door .
Confu

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
High guys ! where would i see mold? behind dry wall ? wouldn't it start breaking thru if i had mold? Your gonna grow some killer meds in there Billyboat... or just more of them actually

T

toquer

AC goop works great instead of silicon. Goes on nicely with a 4" brush. Paints no problem with kilz.

Billyboat

Billyboat

We are live..it won't be till next week till I can get the ac installed so until then just running the dpap and the lec.

I def like the sun system lec 315 over the dpap. Now I'm going to try the cycloptics if I can get my hands on one.

Billyboat

Billyboat

High guys ! where would i see mold? behind dry wall ? wouldn't it start breaking thru if i had mold? Your gonna grow some killer meds in there Billyboat... or just more of them actually

When I saw mold it was under the paint, it was part of the drywall. We tore the drywall out and replaced that section, painted with kilz and never saw it again.

This room is just gonna grow leafs lol :), I'm most excited to finally have a dedicated veg room where I can pop new needs constantly, and I'm all for long veg times and low plant counts. Going to keep a 30 lighter, at 24-30 plants in flower max!

Cheers

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
When I saw mold it was under the paint, it was part of the drywall. We tore the drywall out and replaced that section, painted with kilz and never saw it again.

This room is just gonna grow leafs lol :), I'm most excited to finally have a dedicated veg room where I can pop new needs constantly, and I'm all for long veg times and low plant counts. Going to keep a 30 lighter, at 24-30 plants in flower max!

Cheers
Sounds like I have none then....what kind of air will u be putting in?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Sounds like I have none then....what kind of air will u be putting in?

For now, just 12k btu mini split, I'm waiting till this next round is done and then I'll add a 2 ton as well.

Cheers!

Top Bottom