A very interesting plant genetic🤔

• Thread starter Keesee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Keesee

I recently bought some clones from a friend that teaches at a university close to me and works with genetic extensively. im not very educated on the matter but from what ive read its something called triploid and it creates seedless plants basically making males impossible. supposedly this also will increase my overall yield significantly while also decreasing the amount of time needed growing? im kinda lost but this sounds mental to me. i can link a few things if anyone is interested. is this logical or am i explaining wrong?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Males are never impossible even if you bought a fem seeds they can always herm or 1 out of 1000 will be male.
Is your friend saying he took clones fro ma female plant . A clone from a female plant or copy will be female unless you do stupid shit and it get stressed then it will herm
Fem seeds do not yield more then regular. There is a debate regular plants will produce bigger yields and stronger thc .
Regular are not sexed plant they might grow to be male or female
Hope this info helps .
Also you should just start with a seed there only about 5 bucks each they usually will have more yield then a clone . Depending if the person knew what they were doing and understands genetic drift that clone might be just ok or garbage

K

Keesee

Males are never impossible even if you bought a fem seeds they can always herm or 1 out of 1000 will be male.
Is your friend saying he took clones fro ma female plant . A clone from a female plant or copy will be female unless you do stupid shit and it get stressed then it will herm
Fem seeds do not yield more then regular. There is a debate regular plants will produce bigger yields and stronger thc .
Hope this info helps .
Also you should just start with a seed there only about 5 bucks each they usually will have more yield then a clone . Depending if the person knew what they were doing and understands genetic drift that clone might be just ok or garbage
okay thats what i understand about genetics but from my understanding this is beyond me. heres links to his personal research with a few companies hes worked with.

maritimes/

one about the topic

i do know that hes educated. let me know if you can make anymore sense of this for me if you can understand it. thanks

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I recently bought some clones from a friend that teaches at a university close to me and works with genetic extensively. im not very educated on the matter but from what ive read its something called triploid and it creates seedless plants basically making males impossible. supposedly this also will increase my overall yield significantly while also decreasing the amount of time needed growing? im kinda lost but this sounds mental to me. i can link a few things if anyone is interested. is this logical or am i explaining wrong?
i never heard of it but it sounds interesting and after looking it up there is someone on here growing 1 I just can’t remember who it is right now. Some get them weird caterpillar looking buds.
I’ll remember who at some point lol

IMG 8224
IMG 8226
K

Keesee

i never heard of it but it sounds interesting and after looking it up there is someone on here growing 1 I just can’t remember who it is right now. Some get them weird caterpillar looking buds.
I’ll remember who at some point lol

WOAH! thank you for dumbing it down for me lmfao. id really like to get in touch with whoever that is to see how they’re doing. so far mine look pretty normal at week 3 of flower. im extra excited to see what these girls do!

E9noxis

E9noxis

Hope this info helps .
If a clone is a genetic photocopy, how would a seed plant have a better yield than the clone? If anything I think it would be identical yield. (Given you do identical growing practice)

K

Keesee

If a clone is a genetic photocopy, how would a seed plant have a better yield than the clone? If anything I think it would be identical yield. (Given you do identical growing practice)
genetic drift i believe hes talking about. not sure if its more science or theory. havent done a ton of research but my clones are solid!

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Plant a seed you will find out the easy way . Seeds usually pull at least in my garden . Keep in mind im retired dispo owner .
about 10 to 20 % more yield from seed . And the quality is usually a bit higher then a clone .
We has top middle low shelf finished products . Seed plants usually always were top shelf .
So your debate you plant a seed take a copy that copy should be identical to the seed 100 % . No its not . Genetic drift . Its damn close it does lose something . That clone wont test will say 30 % thc .like the seed . That clone will be about 27 % tops .
Copy the clone to clone then drop thc to 22 % . Copy again 18 copy again 15 so on . Your drop may be larger or slower .
I have seen 15 % seed and the clone only 6 % thc ! tested . I used to test most of it I never had what they do now for sale scam tumbled to death vacuumed to death with kief pored on top to make it look fancy

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Plant a seed you will find out the easy way . Seeds usually pull at least in my garden . Keep in mind im retired dispo owner .
about 10 to 20 % more yield from seed . And the quality is usually a bit higher then a clone .
We has top middle low shelf finished products . Seed plants usually always were top shelf .
So your debate you plant a seed take a copy that copy should be identical to the seed 100 % . No its not . Genetic drift . Its damn close it does lose something . That clone wont test will say 30 % thc .like the seed . That clone will be about 27 % tops .
Copy the clone to clone then drop thc to 22 % . Copy again 18 copy again 15 so on . Your drop may be larger or slower .
I have seen 15 % seed and the clone only 6 % thc ! tested . I used to test most of it I never had what they do now for sale scam tumbled to death vacuumed to death with kief pored on top to make it look fancy
i agree with the part that seed plants are stronger and yields a little more, they also need to be veg a little longer for maturity before flower than clones.

Now genetic drift its not nearly as severe as stated and much more complex. Tissue Culture will bring back original vigor tho.
You may have genetic drift over many many generations of clones, hundreds maybe, probably much sooner if the cloned plant contracted some kind of virus, disease, or are in decline of vigor after poor cloning practice, poor maintained moms etc etc etc, theres A LOT of variables that could lead to genetic drifts.

But it isn't "30-27-22-18 THC" drop with each generation, terpenes could go a bit higher or lower as do the THC after generations, also vigor could start to decline because of bad cloning practices/other factors and also probly mainly because of environment factors/grower mojo, we have clones of the original 24k cut from DNA around, and they are pretty much the same after more than 10 years its being brought overseas, potency and terpenes, this clone have being copied madly and never was tissue culture "reseted" during all this years.

K

Keesee

i agree with the part that seed plants are stronger and yields a little more, they also need to be veg a little longer for maturity before flower than clones.

Now genetic drift its not nearly as severe as stated and much more complex. Tissue Culture will bring back original vigor tho.
You may have genetic drift over many many generations of clones, hundreds maybe, probably much sooner if the cloned plant contracted some kind of virus, disease, or are in decline of vigor after poor cloning practice, poor maintained moms etc etc etc, theres A LOT of variables that could lead to genetic drifts.

But it isn't "30-27-22-18 THC" drop with each generation, terpenes could go a bit higher or lower as do the THC after generations, also vigor could start to decline because of bad cloning practices/other factors and also probly mainly because of environment factors/grower mojo, we have clones of the original 24k cut from DNA around, and they are pretty much the same after more than 10 years its being brought overseas, potency and terpenes, this clone have being copied madly and never was tissue culture "reseted" during all this years.
very interesting. i believe i have a 1st generation clone with this triploid genetic. it’s comforting hearing alot of the mishaps occur under bad cloning practices. i got these from a lab in a university.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

very interesting. i believe i have a 1st generation clone with this triploid genetic. it’s comforting hearing alot of the mishaps occur under bad cloning practices. i got these from a lab in a university.
a triploid or polyploid can maybe lead to bigger yields, but the quality of the product is what we are looking after. Try it and show us it growing and how you like it in the end, i would be interested to watch.

K

Keesee

a triploid or polyploid can maybe lead to bigger yields, but the quality of the product is what we are looking after. Try it and show us it growing and how you like it in the end, i would be interested to watch.
i will! heres some pics at start of week 3!
could probably make a thread or just put updates here! super excited for progress on my four girls, especially this one here. this is the triploid.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Informative. Thanks for the effort to explain

K

Keesee

she looks great, strong branching! and it looks like a good yielder for sure
thanks brother! im hoping so. they’re getting treated the best they can at the moment. working on a couple upgrades. tune in here and there to check out my progress overtime!

K

Keesee

she looks great, strong branching! and it looks like a good yielder for sure
i had an extra question. i had posted a thread twice but not one person got to it. what do you think about pk boosters? ive been wanting to incorporate it into this grow but am worried about the risks. if you use them how do you use them? apologies for the randomness

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

i had an extra question. i had posted a thread twice but not one person got to it. what do you think about pk boosters? ive been wanting to incorporate it into this grow but am worried about the risks. if you use them how do you use them? apologies for the randomness
Yes I use it at around EC 0.25-0.3mS over base nutrients.

Top Bottom