A Very simple way of keeping space warm

• Thread starter 7EscapeSerpentMountain7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

You have a thin sheet on a heater.... that’s a fire waiting to happen. You may think that it can’t get hot enough to catch anything on fire but heaters can malfunction quite easily and shoot up in temp and set thin stuff like that on fire it actually is a daily common thing that happens

Your a fucking idiot mate , it’s an oil rad not a space heater for fuck sake , just how wil it over heat when again repeating myself when it’s next to the intake - the side pocket funnels the air in keeping it cool , and from the top it barley touches it , atleast with not any weight...

you lot are fucking idiots.... again explain how

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

it’s got a thermostat as well so it’s not constant either , got the fucker from one stop grow , and so what difference would it make putting the thing inside a tent like people do ??! Isn’t that completely covered - to a degree ? Yeh that’s what I thought mate

so long as the side fins can breathe it’s all that matters / and it can for sure as hell breathe better outside the cunt rather than in....so why don’t you use your head and think about that point , again it’s barley fucking covered....

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

I’ve requested to have this thread deleted...
pritty dumb regardless of a so called hazard , as I say the air is constantly been drawn in from above it , doesn’t get chance to over heat like that... I feel the material.

Either way I dont want the fucker inside the tent eithe r , but yeh please delete ! F this

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

You don’t have to have it that close I guess which means no need to rest it over it...

Is this to standards now

AFEF90CC 2C53 44B6 A361 0470E0200B75
Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Sorry about all that , the swearing and that.. all the scrutiny should be welcome.. but yeh please remove 👍

HipsterDoodus

HipsterDoodus

If the hippy sheets somehow fell on the heater, covering the fins but not the thermostat, then heat would build up under the sheets, potentially enough to ignite.

I've no doubt that you've secured the sheets so they cannot fall.

It's unlikely that you will have a fire, but catastrophic if you did. It's weird how catastrophes seem to happen when a series of unlikely events all somehow line up.

It just looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Maybe I'm just too old. I've seen so much pain that could have been prevented.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Coming from a systems background the overlying concept here is removing catastrophic points of failure. You essentially want to build systems where multiple things can fail and still not have a risk of ruin. I think people are simply pointing out the blanket is a possible weak link in the chain where if a few things line up it can cause a disaster. People are pointing out potential leaks in your setup, not a leak in your character as a person. Personal attacks never got us anywhere.

It's not really about having a low percentage of failure, it's having a low percentage of failure while having a low risk of ruin. While a fire has a 1% probability, in the scenario it actually happens it would cause total ruin.

Sorry if this thread put a sour taste in your mouth but this really is a solid community, and who knows maybe we saved you from burning your tent down. Rick and Morty will let us know if your tent went up in flames in another reality.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Coming from a systems background the overlying concept here is removing catastrophic points of failure. You essentially want to build systems where multiple things can fail and still not have a risk of ruin. I think people are simply pointing out the blanket is a possible weak link in the chain where if a few things line up it can cause a disaster. People are pointing out potential leaks in your setup, not a leak in your character as a person. Personal attacks never got us anywhere.

It's not really about having a low percentage of failure, it's having a low percentage of failure while having a low risk of ruin. While a fire has a 1% probability, in the scenario it actually happens it would cause total ruin.

Sorry if this thread put a sour taste in your mouth but this really is a solid community, and who knows maybe we saved you from burning your tent down. Rick and Morty will let us know if your tent went up in flames in another reality.
You guys saved me from filling my attic with mold.I love the advice personally.

Top Bottom