Abnormal Calyx

• Thread starter Lucas1981
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lucas1981

1. Is it possible for a calyx to grow inside a calyx?
    I catergorically have no hermies!!
    And getting pollinated is extremely unlikely. So before anybody screams seed please bare that in mind. Im not saying it aint a seed. Just feel quite sure it must be something else.
    So my buds are swollen and some calyxes are splitting open inside are these little green things but only one per calyx.
    If i open that nothing is there.. no white stuff no nothing. They are not sticky. It does not feel like casing and it is not hollow. It feels like solid plant matter. Pistils from these sights are midly brown and not tucking in.
    I removed the calyx that has split open and as tge picture shows its like a pea in there. When i get it out it looks as the picture shows. As i said there is nothing inside.
    It is sour diesel day day 57
    Please if you dont really know dont comment

Abnormal calyx
Abnormal calyx 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can't tell anything from that pic but Sour Diesel tends to grow bananas. They can hide in buds in between calyx.

Honestly some late bananas is how I know mine is done.

It was your "categorically have no hermies" comment that provoked me to comment.

xenon730

xenon730

Not saying what it is but it would be either a seed or a large ovule. It appears as though it could be either in that low quality photo. Calyxes have an ovule at the flat bottom, kind of like a plug. I don't have a photo handy but Google calyx ovule or calyx diagram and it should come up.

L

Lucas1981

Thanks guys if you see the centre of the top picture.. it looks like a pea protruding through the middle.. there are absolutley no banannas in there... these are absolutely not inbetween the calyxes but are in the centre of the calyx that is beggining to burst. At the top. So i removed the swollen calyx and opened it up the bottom pic is whats inside. I am totally baffled. Thanks for the relies i will google again

xenon730

xenon730

Thanks guys if you see the centre of the top picture.. it looks like a pea protruding through the middle.. there are absolutley no banannas in there... these are absolutely not inbetween the calyxes but are in the centre of the calyx that is beggining to burst. At the top. So i removed the swollen calyx and opened it up the bottom pic is whats inside. I am totally baffled. Thanks for the relies i will google again
Take more test calyxes. A pea is a common description for an ovule but your description screams seed.

L

Lucas1981

You could be right xenon... as its 50% the size of the calyx... i just have no idea how. I would have more chance of winning the lottery than that happening. Just wanted to see if anybody else had the same.. as there is nothing inside the pea the pistils are fine and it is not hollow its a very firm plant like mass outside and in

L

Lucas1981

I have entered week 9 so im not too fussed. I will just flush and cut. But would be great to know what it was as i may never find out again. Just one of them things. i dnt think i will take chances and wait to see what they turn into.

Jjohanna

Jjohanna

1. Is it possible for a calyx to grow inside a calyx?
    I catergorically have no hermies!!
    And getting pollinated is extremely unlikely. So before anybody screams seed please bare that in mind. Im not saying it aint a seed. Just feel quite sure it must be something else.
    So my buds are swollen and some calyxes are splitting open inside are these little green things but only one per calyx.
    If i open that nothing is there.. no white stuff no nothing. They are not sticky. It does not feel like casing and it is not hollow. It feels like solid plant matter. Pistils from these sights are midly brown and not tucking in.
    I removed the calyx that has split open and as tge picture shows its like a pea in there. When i get it out it looks as the picture shows. As i said there is nothing inside.
    It is sour diesel day day 57
    Please if you dont really know dont comment

Hey Lucas, did you ever find out what was happening? I've been searching the internet high and low because I'm seeing this happen in my own grow room. Its bazaar.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Hey Lucas, did you ever find out what was happening? I've been searching the internet high and low because I'm seeing this happen in my own grow room. Its bazaar.

Curious as well if the op is still around

Calyx
Top Bottom