? About air tight room...

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Hello everyone,

Quick question. If you completely seal a room and i mean air tight then you run a minisp.it for ac and co2 cool lights outside of the room are you going to have a fresh air issue? If so what should be done?

budm

budm

Plants breathe in CO2, and exhaust O2. As long as you can control temps and humidity along with your co2 levels, you will not have a fresh air issue.

To get the most return out of increased co2 levels, you also need to increase the other 'inputs' to your girls; light levels, temps and nutrient levels.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Plants breathe in CO2, and exhaust O2. As long as you can control temps and humidity along with your co2 levels, you will not have a fresh air issue.

To get the most return out of increased co2 levels, you also need to increase the other 'inputs' to your girls; light levels, temps and nutrient levels.

Thats what I like to hear @budm. Thank you sir!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Don't forget humidity as an input that will need to be increased.

surfguitar

surfguitar

What about swamp cooler vs pond fogger for humidity? or both?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

If I am trying to get the humid up in the room wouldn't it make sense to just get a high-output humidifier? Like this -

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Then on the other side of the room have my dehumid running and have the RH % set the same on both the dehum and the humidifier?

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Yup. Evap cooler! You'll need a R/o filter to feed it so it won't make calcium dust everywhere.

It's soooo expensive and kinda silly to seal up a grow room. If it were my room I'd take that money and just add more lights to get your yield bump.

To do it right you need Ac, swamp cooler, R/o, dehuey and an enviro controller to make sure it's all working together. That's enough money to build another whole intake/exhaust room.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Then on the other side of the room have my dehumid running and have the RH % set the same on both the dehum and the humidifier?
No. They never run the same time. Dehuey runs at night time to keep RH right around 50-60. Evap runs lights on to boost it as high as you can get it.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

What size is your room? This says it has a 400cfm fan.

Not familiar with the brand. The price is nice. And the stats sound solid. Try and find one that matches your room size and is analog so a timer or controller can turn it off and on.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

What size is your room? This says it has a 400cfm fan.

Not familiar with the brand. The price is nice. And the stats sound solid. Try and find one that matches your room size and is analog so a timer or controller can turn it off and on.

I will do that. Now, when I set this at a RH % do I set my dehumidifier at the same rh %?

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Sorry, don't match the room size find one that is close but smaller than the size of the room, you don't want to create any positive pressure in the room.

Top Bottom