About to buy a LED ligth please help

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I just bought another 240w kingbrite unit. I honestly wouldn't waste watts or money on all that cree, uv and ir stuff.. lm301b/h LEDs put out more light per watt than any of those. IR and UV leds are notoriously over priced, under powered and last less than half the time of normal LEDs.

I just stick with the 3000k straight up. No red, uv, it or cree BS. Just a waste of money and watts. If you want to supplement your spectrum, use other bulbs/tubes to do it. They are cheaper, they last longer, they put out way more light, and when they burn out, you just replace a 20 or 30 dollar bulb/tube, not the entire fixture.

IMO every watt not spent on lm301 LEDs is a watt wasted, at almost 2 times the light output of other LEDs.

Just the way I look at it. The amount other stuff those ir uv and red LEDs add is almost nothing. You're paying a lot more for them, they dont last as long and they are eating up wattage that is better spent on more light.

Since adding red supplimentals to my other sets I have seen a positive change, but that’s always subjective. I’m with you 💯 on everything else the IR and UV is useless. I ran over a year with no reds and trying a number of
Mixed spectrums by mixing boards. So far my best results have included, but these reds that I posted are in fact not the same as the Samsung strips I posted about previously. Nor are they the mix, but I paid even less than what’s advertised and I couldn’t find a better deal at the time. I am currently running over 25 quantum boards, some haven’t been turned off except for major power losses in over a year. @BigCube is dead on the money, if you are not running lm301’s your wasting money

Ph 007

Ph 007

I just bought another 240w kingbrite unit. I honestly wouldn't waste watts or money on all that cree, uv and ir stuff.. lm301b/h LEDs put out more light per watt than any of those. IR and UV leds are notoriously over priced, under powered and last less than half the time of normal LEDs.

I just stick with the 3000k straight up. No red, uv, ir or cree BS. Just a waste of money and watts. If you want to supplement your spectrum, use other bulbs/tubes to do it. They are cheaper, they last longer, they put out way more light, and when they burn out, you just replace a 20 or 30 dollar bulb/tube, not the entire fixture.

IMO every watt not spent on lm301 LEDs is a watt wasted, at almost 2 times the light output of other LEDs.

Just the way I look at it. The amount other stuff those ir uv and red LEDs add is almost nothing. You're paying a lot more for them, they dont last as long and they are eating up wattage that is better spent on more light.
I first originally was gonna buy ones off eBay kevlin range I'm sure that's like the one your explaining to me lm301b

Then I seen others.in my link above from Chinna i assumed they where the same but it said version 2, so I though light be better and added reds all sounded good says aides flower

But thinking of it my 600wtt hps is just white light.

I think I heard of king brite. Do u have a link I'll have a look thanks, or have I already linked it myself sounds familiar lol

BigCube

BigCube

I first originally was gonna buy ones off eBay kevlin range I'm sure that's like the one your explaining to me lm301b

Then I seen others.in my link above from Chinna i assumed they where the same but it said version 2, so I though light be better and added reds all sounded good says aides flower

But thinking of it my 600wtt hps is just white light.

I think I heard of king brite. Do u have a link I'll have a look thanks, or have I already linked it myself sounds familiar lol

Yup. These are the ones I buy.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Since adding red supplimentals to my other sets I have seen a positive change, but that’s always subjective. I’m with you 💯 on everything else the IR and UV is useless. I ran over a year with no reds and trying a number of
Mixed spectrums by mixing boards. So far my best results have included, but these reds that I posted are in fact not the same as the Samsung strips I posted about previously. Nor are they the mix, but I paid even less than what’s advertised and I couldn’t find a better deal at the time. I am currently running over 25 quantum boards, some haven’t been turned off except for major power losses in over a year. @BigCube is dead on the money, if you are not running lm301’s your wasting money
Nice Info her thanks,
And 25 boards nice size grow their :)

Do you have a link yo the board you using or have u already posted they I think u might off ill have to read back over this post later , I'm trying my best to now but it's. It happening Mary is holding me back a min, ciggarett and cup tea now to straight up..

I like the fact you said you been running then for years hardly turned off and no problems sound reassuring to me this is a good option of.light to buy,

Problem I also have is I'm not sure what one is best for veg and flower, it is for a flower room, but ideally I like the tough I know the light can be used for veg if ever needed, are is the veg light not ass good ad the one just for flowering if you get me lol

BigCube

BigCube

Ph 007

Ph 007

Thanks a cracking post thanks,
I will go through it better later, but just had a quick browse at it and well every question I have looks like.it's gonna be in that post

BigCube

BigCube

For flower but be nice to be able to veg as well I'm thinking 3000-3500 can't decide about to buy any minute now lol

If you're in a tent, a deciding factor may be; more blue light will give you taller plants.

Now if you're talking 3000k to 3500k. I dont think you would see much of a difference. 3000k would tend to be a tiny bit shorter and bushier.

Ph 007

Ph 007

If you're in a tent, a deciding factor may be; more blue light will give you taller plants.

Now if you're talking 3000k to 3500k. I dont think you would see much of a difference. 3000k would tend to be a tiny bit shorter and bushier.
Short and bushy is all I want lol
thanks iv decided to get the ones you get kings Bright in link your give above and I'm going for the 3000k thanks for the help

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Short and bushy is all I want lol
thanks iv decided to get the ones you get kings Bright in link your give above and I'm going for the 3000k thanks for the help

mine is NOT king bright, but another manufacturer. I justlike the 4 panel single power supply with 5mm heat sink. Any of thequantum boards will do you just fine. Just find the best price point and remember the grass is always greener on the other side

Ph 007

Ph 007

mine is NOT king bright, but another manufacturer. I justlike the 4 panel single power supply with 5mm heat sink. Any of thequantum boards will do you just fine. Just find the best price point and remember the grass is always greener on the other side
Didn't realise the single power supply , doesn't matter iv ordered now, but suppose I got more choice bow i can turn one light off if needed or move then 2 apart slightly if need or closer, I did take note of the 5mm heat sink u mentioned , but they didn't say what thickness it is on the kings bright I just ordered must be about the same surely can be under 5 that very flimsy to support itself , time will tell , or as big cube, big cube?

BigCube

BigCube

The heatsink is 10mm. Extruded aluminum fins.
20191230 115008

You could stand on it.

Ph 007

Ph 007

including fans is 10mm? How thick is the unfinned portion? 3mm and 7mm fins? I sold all my previous 288 boards that had the same styl heatsinks. Thank you 🙏
Looks about 5-8mm in that pic init what's yours 5 not.inclining the fangs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom