Absurd prices for pot

• Thread starter McNugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McNugget

I am not referring to the prices for seeds or anything on this website. I am talking about the general prices for pot around the world for personal consumtion. This didn't really fit in any specific Forum category, but I really wanted to address the issue that I'm positive most of us agree on. The prices for pot these days are outrageous!!! Hence why most of us here have turned to growing our own. $300-$600 for a damn ounce of NUGS!!! That's insane. I understand it's a business too, but seriously, Isn't there something the general public (us) can do to bring the prices down? If I were to sell my product, I think prices should be AT LEAST half of what they are now. Anyone else out there agree, disagree, don't care?? I just wish there was a way that all of us "producers" can come together and get rid of the current price index, and maybe bring some hope to our future children and bud-smokers of the world. Sorry if this post pisses anyone off because it's not exactly about the growing process, but I feel it's a ligitimate and worthwhile topic (just my opinion at least).

O

oregonpine

all u can do is be nice to your fellow brother...times will change my friend....it just takes time.

F

FastForward

Grow your own matey - it's the only way. It's basic supply and demand economics, even for black market items.....low supply and high demand = high prices. In the UK here there have been so many busts of commercial farms that supply is low, demand is high, and people are paying HUGE money for terrible weed....and in some cases, dangerous (sprayed...aka gritweed). Growing your own makes you self sufficient, takes you out of the black market economy and ultimately the more people that grow for percy, the less demand there is out there. Unfortunately there aren't enough percy farmers to make enough of an impact, but it's all changing in the right direction from what I can see....

Of course the answer is to make it a non-black market item and the problem is solved instantly....

S

sam_i_am

it all starts with you .... you have to grow enough to supply enough to sell at a cheaper price, i agree 100 percent with you but not many people are willing to reduce there prices when a.) you can go to jail
b.) it costs a good chunk of money to run all the equpment used to grow these highly potent nugs, i am a small timer and my nutrient bill alone is over 250 a grow couple that with the price to run fans, ballasts, acd units, heaters it is insane. that doesnt excuse some of the price gouging but maybe puts some perspective on it
sam

M

McNugget

I totally agree with all of you. The last time I talked to someone who also grows (not a friend), he was selling his trimmings for $300 an ounce an calling it hydro. This is the kind of stuff also that I am talking about. It's sad that there are people out there who's whole goal is to purposely rip people off. I understand trying to make back the money that is spent on the growing process, but I wish that more people did it in a honest way.

R

ringworm

:smokeMcNugget i feel you man on what you are saying. Makes me sick also.$500 a zip makes the tips of my ears hot too!

M

McNugget

I know what I'm asking/hoping for is way out there, but I just guess I feel the pain of alot of people, and want to make a change in the pot world.

H

herby

Considering I grew up on 40 an oz pot and many before me grew up on much less, yes this seems really high. However, what is your time, investment in seeds and equipment to grow, cost of electric ect.. whats all that worth. Now even after you grow you have to unload that someplace and always face the risk of jailtime. Whats that worth? I'm not crazy about the prices but I understand where the people growing are coming from.

If you want the prices to come down then talk to your local reps about changing the laws. Make it legal and watch the price come down.

L

Lee

that really isn't to pricey if its good kind bud considering the law, producing, nuts, electric, seed prices, and time.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Want cheap weed? it's called mexi brick, $250-400 a pound.

Unless your rockin some volume, your not far off at 300 an oz, but you can't look at one crop or one flip, you got look at the life of growing, with nutes, electricity, bail, equipment, genetics, lost crops, theft, fire, it all takes it's toll on the pocket book..

400 an oz
1200 a qp
4200 a lb
6000 a lb if they are flippin it

Alot more is smoked and given away than is ever sold around the ranch..

Tex

B

BITYmagicBeanz

Texas Kid; Alot more is smoked and given away than is ever sold around the ranch.. Tex[/QUOTE said:
yeah i second that.. people smoke too much and dont grow enough for there self. letter known sell it.lol ppl gota grow so theres an equal balance.its alota risk.

S

Salty

...Isn't there something the general public (us) can do to bring the prices down? If I were to sell my product, I think prices should be AT LEAST half of what they are now....

This kinda stuff cracks me up. You're upset about a product that can't get any more free market than it is.

I aint even going to go in to how many hours of labor, how much skill is involved that takes years to accomplish, how much equipment that needs to be purchased, the paid labor, mind you. Ah to hell with the huge power bill and the rent on the place, we dont need heat. Since its about a full time job for a decent sized grow that dude really has no business getting a decent living for his work.

Not to mention that...it's all about the rule of economics, my friend. You've heard of the "Law of Supply and Demand". This says assuming demand remains consistent, an increase in supply will decrease the price. That's natural competition. Now flip it around. If supply decreases, then holy crap the price is going up. Not enough available means people will pay more. Easy enough, right?

Now let's throw demand in the mix. With Medical Marijuana coming online, laws softening, pot becoming more potent and popular, not to mention population increase, we see demand steadily increasing. No matter how you slice it, more people are smoking more pot. There's no way to quantify that but it's a safe guess.

Your problem is price. In order to significantly impact price someone will either have to shift demand or supply.

So get growing.

Hope we are skilld at teh pot economics now, theenks.:drunk

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Forget the obserd prices for pot lol what about the obsurd price of seeds from vendors who havent even back crossed there strains or anything but sum how manage to sell them for $200 a pack, now thats the biggest joke on earth. No need to mention names as these vendors know hwo they are!

P

ProGroWannabe

Personally....and I may get hammered for this, but....the biggest problem I see is the price for most of the shit-weed out there. Some guys are flippin schwag for almost 50 an 1/8th. WTF!

If these guys wanna flip well-grown, high grade bud, then I can see the higher prices. But flippin shit for middie prices is what bothers me. Cheap, seeded mexi has it's place too. Especially for a smoker on a really tight budget. But the budget smoker is the LAST person that can afford to be gouged by having to pay middie prices for sticks, stems, and seeds.

Cheap bud should be priced cheap...but you SHOULD get what you pay for....ya pay more, you should get high grade, well grown, bud.

O well, that's my two cents....

D

Donk Frog

Personally....and I may get hammered for this, but....the biggest problem I see is the price for most of the shit-weed out there. Some guys are flippin schwag for almost 50 an 1/8th. WTF!

If these guys wanna flip well-grown, high grade bud, then I can see the higher prices. But flippin shit for middie prices is what bothers me. Cheap, seeded mexi has it's place too. Especially for a smoker on a really tight budget. But the budget smoker is the LAST person that can afford to be gouged by having to pay middie prices for sticks, stems, and seeds.

Cheap bud should be priced cheap...but you SHOULD get what you pay for....ya pay more, you should get high grade, well grown, bud.

O well, that's my two cents....

:yes u said it all right there bro...that the reason why most of use grow our own:flower......I don't even sell my weed ...at all....cause i would rather have good weed no money...then lots of money and shit weed

D

Donk Frog

I still can't belive how much u guys in the USA are forced to pay for pot:cash:D....good or bad....i smoke about 9+ grams a day....my old ladty another 9 or so at the prices in the states i would have too quit......u know for a country that consumes so much weed u would think more people would pick up a pen and start presurring your gov't to change:muscle

G

GDaze

Forget the obserd prices for pot lol what about the obsurd price of seeds from vendors who havent even back crossed there strains or anything but sum how manage to sell them for $200 a pack, now thats the biggest joke on earth. No need to mention names as these vendors know hwo they are!

i think the guy that sells them is equally responsible if not more than the breeder...odds on the breeder's grown some bud and took the risks associated with higher numbers for selection and ran the seeds/crop all at risk and cost

the resellers are on to a goldmine as most beans cost 50% at most of the retail price...the reseller depending on location isn't breaking any laws and get's the same share as the breeder from the breeders work...if a breeders worth his weight then the beans should sell themselves..so the reseller pretty much gets paid for putting beans in an envelope...replacement? well a single replacement doesn't cost the resller a penny...it just means on that sale they didn't profit..but the return buisness usually more than makes up for not making money on 1 transaction lol some even charge for posting so it costs them fook all...re-seller's biz could be run from a shop or a 1 room bedsit with fridge and pc

i'm glad i've conversed with some cool & decent people in the online community but i've fallen out of love with the scene...too much hype and too much greed and if you question the people drectly you can expect to be called jealous, bitter, troll etc etc
feck some even only give cuts out in return for something back...not love, not ganja men (at least not to my reasoning) strictly business, hype and greed imho

the funny thing is most in the position of the reseller claim to be doing it to spread the love, meds etc etc..very little admit that they're in it for money...easy money at that :cash
as for all the crap weed on the streets...it's easy to blame the grower...but with all the hype out there that's allowed for business purposes it's not hard to believe that many are duped into buying sub standard genetics on the back of the online hype
"hey this strain is guaranteed keepers", the grower keeps the best cut but it's shite...he expects more money for his overhyped weed...it's back to the breeders and sellers imho...the wheel keeps turning :cash

lol right rant over

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
As long as herbs illegal It will be expensive. Growers spend 10,000 on equipment 10,000 on costs like rent,utilities risk getting there shit ripped,arrested. Also when you need help Its not like you can go hire someone, have you ever trimmed for four or five days? I would rather dig ditches If the goverment gets there hands on it youll wish you had some 500 a zip bud, ask canada.

G

greyfx

Want cheap weed? it's called mexi brick, $250-400 a pound.

Unless your rockin some volume, your not far off at 300 an oz, but you can't look at one crop or one flip, you got look at the life of growing, with nutes, electricity, bail, equipment, genetics, lost crops, theft, fire, it all takes it's toll on the pocket book..

400 an oz
1200 a qp
4200 a lb
6000 a lb if they are flippin it

Alot more is smoked and given away than is ever sold around the ranch..

Tex

Prices around here for me and im not even buying it from growers.

50 an 1/8
100 1/4
a whole ounce is around 300-325

now If i buy in qauntity.

lb=2,500 and its always fire rock hard nugs. This is not beasters.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That's better than you'd do round here greyfx, almost reasonable. Is that import bud then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom