Absurd prices for pot

• Thread starter McNugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

Personally....and I may get hammered for this, but....the biggest problem I see is the price for most of the shit-weed out there. Some guys are flippin schwag for almost 50 an 1/8th. WTF!

If these guys wanna flip well-grown, high grade bud, then I can see the higher prices. But flippin shit for middie prices is what bothers me. Cheap, seeded mexi has it's place too. Especially for a smoker on a really tight budget. But the budget smoker is the LAST person that can afford to be gouged by having to pay middie prices for sticks, stems, and seeds.

Cheap bud should be priced cheap...but you SHOULD get what you pay for....ya pay more, you should get high grade, well grown, bud.

O well, that's my two cents....

I totally agree. Its all the bad growers that flood the market with their crap for inflated prices that is fucking everyone else.

SQUIDS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO GROW BETTER BUD.
They think they can just get a light, some nutes, set up in a closet/cab, read some internet forums, get a seed pack or some clones, and they will be master growers commanding top dollar in no time. HA HA HA HA HA !!!
:flower does not = :cash

:time + :heart +more :time + more :heart = :flower

P

ProGroWannabe

Right on GreySkull! The bad growers just have either: no sense of quality (when to harvest) or don't care about the quality and pick early to make a faster buck.

We've all had to pick something early before for whatever reason, but there's a difference between HAVING TO, and CHOOSING TO........... every single time.

T

trailmix

I sell my product for $200 a zip or $700 a 1/4LB. However, the folks who buy from me are turning arround and re-selling at higher prices.

T

trailmix

I have also noticed that product in the clubs are more expensive than street prices, Lol! And they talk about compassion for the patient!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have also noticed that product in the clubs are more expensive than street prices, Lol! And they talk about compassion for the patient!

That is very much because the growers are selling it to the co-ops at the same price as on the street, sometimes for more money. And then the co-op has a significant amount of overhead, a street dealer does not. So there is actually little price gouging by the co-ops, it is simply more expensive to run a business with employees, a store front, taxes, and all the other expenses involved in running a co-op. The price of herb is all on the growers, and I personally understand where they are coming from. I would like to see the prices come down as well, but as things are now, I am not expecting it. But then again I also didn't expect gas to ever be under $3 a gallon again either.

H

Husbandnwife420

199 in fl 4 gas and100 1/4OZ FORgod smoke crazy cant afford that so i smoke dirt weed for 40 1/4 oz even that sucks becose i we me and my gal smoke 1 and a half ozs a week:(

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
It's all about learning to grow your own and not just decent smoke but Grade A+

G

greyfx

199 in fl 4 gas and100 1/4OZ FORgod smoke crazy cant afford that so i smoke dirt weed for 40 1/4 oz even that sucks becose i we me and my gal smoke 1 and a half ozs a week:(

Damn buddy your in fl and having to pay 40 for 1/4 of dirt? Damn man you should be able to get an O of dirt for around 60 or 50.

I have to agree with zoo's post above me. The best weed I've ever smoked is the weed that I grew. There is descent quality bud that can be bought but sometimes theres always something lacking like a proper flush, which leaves the bud tasting good but not to the full potential. Most growers rush the product for a quick $$.

L

Lee

growing your own is definitely where its at! you control the end product. buy off the street its either hit or miss. also there are a lot of shitty dealers out there saying there herb is one thing and really it isn't. but as far as price for some weed I really don't think its that bad considering what it take to grow some herb. But whats really sad is some damn seed prices.

hubcap

hubcap

what about the obsurd price of seeds from vendors who havent even back crossed there strains or anything but sum how manage to sell them for $200 a pack

can i get an AMEN?

people started buying seed to offset 400/zips.
NOW the cost of seed is almost as much, who wouldnt wanna bypass all the BS and just buy an ounce??

more and more greed in the seed world is the LAST thing the sport needs.

wanna increase the supply to offset the demand?

make MAX seed prices $50/pack and see how many people will get goin and growin.......

just a thought.........

spread the seed
not the greed.

-love to all-
\

hubcap

O

ograskal

Grow your own!.:flower......Home grown weed is the best...~ogr

B

Bigtroop

Ive lived all over the united states and sampled prices and buds from everywhere I have lived and have decided it depends greatly on the mind set and kind of people you are involved with. In Alaska we would pay 40 an 1/8 75 1/4 200 an oz sometimes a little more and there were always people sharing and smoking dank buds with friends and strangers alike. Im talking MTF and Northern lights out of Matanuska valley that made life so pleasent to live it was incredible. The flip side of the nation like Tampa Fl. where that gangsta mind set has come into play and screw your hommie bull shit on some regs and every bodys smoking Middies for 50 a 1/4 bullshit. No one wants to take the time to hook people up anymore. Its a fast food nation and a fast food world and its creeping into areas of are world that made most of us fall in love with the life a farmer lives. Just my 2 cents.:muscle

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ive lived all over the united states and sampled prices and buds from everywhere I have lived and have decided it depends greatly on the mind set and kind of people you are involved with. In Alaska we would pay 40 an 1/8 75 1/4 200 an oz sometimes a little more and there were always people sharing and smoking dank buds with friends and strangers alike. Im talking MTF and Northern lights out of Matanuska valley that made life so pleasent to live it was incredible. The flip side of the nation like Tampa Fl. where that gangsta mind set has come into play and screw your hommie bull shit on some regs and every bodys smoking Middies for 50 a 1/4 bullshit. No one wants to take the time to hook people up anymore. Its a fast food nation and a fast food world and its creeping into areas of are world that made most of us fall in love with the life a farmer lives. Just my 2 cents.:muscle

While I am not going to disagree with anything you said, I do think there a few things you didn't take into consideration. The first is simple cost of living, if the dealer has to pay more just to get by, then he/she needs to charge a bit more. Lets look at Juno Alaska vs. Manhattan NY. It is considerably more expensive to live in NYC than it is to live in Alaska. Therefor all the prices have gone up, just so the people along the chain can make a living, and I have no problem with that.

There is also the risk of being caught. Using the same two cities as examples, there is less a chance of someone being caught in Alaska. From what I heard the authorities in Alaska are also not so concerned with MJ offenses. There is actually a pretty good chance of being caught in NY. With so many people around at any given moment in time, you never know who is or isn't a snitch, so you have to be far more careful.

And then there are different penalties in different states for the same offense. Certain states have decriminalized personal possession, but dealing usually comes with pretty stiff penalties. Other states don't have as harsh penalties for dealing.

So, again I agree there is certainly price gouging happening, and not always the best mentality around those supplying the herb. But there are a lot of factors as to why prices vary from place to place. But this is yet another reason to grow your own.

C

coldnorth

where im from you have to pay around 60 usd for 3-4g of low quality weed, hash is 60 usd for 5g of standard, more expensive for better.. its crazy

V

vindiesel

i probably live in area where pot is most expensive. for example good sour d is 500-600. i met 1 fool who told me 800. i almost literally beat his ass. WTF! so excited done paying for it. all those years blowin 400-600 a month on pot! won't miss that. :shake

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I hate this fu@kin topic, I think the price is just right. If you dont like the price dont buy it. Add up all the costs of growin some trees plus most important your freedom, I dont know bout you but my freedom does cost cheap.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

i probably live in area where pot is most expensive. for example good sour d is 500-600. i met 1 fool who told me 800. i almost literally beat his ass. WTF! so excited done paying for it. all those years blowin 400-600 a month on pot! won't miss that. :shake

You must be in NYC. Prices in downtown Manhattan are truly out of control.

F

Finalopagus

If I need it price means nothing. I also can't remember the last time I needed it...:party

F

FastForward

Grow your own!.:flower......Home grown weed is the best...~ogr

Amen to that brother! Even as a complete nublet I've managed to grow some very nice smoke....heck, even some of my 'chopped bits early because I needed the smoke' has been better than dealershite and even some of the crappier coffeeshops in Dam.

GROW YOUR OWN \o/

Jolly: Freedom ain't free, but my ganja is :)

C

cell

Adding in the mechanics of a populated city, legality, and you come up with price gouging. In the interest of the seller, wherever you are, yes it will be the turn around that sets the standard $. Illegality increases risk, risk variates turn around greatly.

Yet, in our interest as growers who do not mass distribute or have it to spare, does it really seem ridiculous? The cost is there based on margins that I do not think have set themselves! Most of us pay hundreds for genetics. Yet why wold we barter our results away for 1/3 less?
I think for most, legality in itself is to blame. The risk makes it costly, wherever you are. Hell, I honestly do not think most of us would have this hobby if it were thoroughly legally accepted.
If you are not a grower, and a weed smoker, I do feel for you, making life altering decisions of buying your weed or feeding your face, or even worse, filling your gas tank! Which has not been too bad anymore.. for now.

Top Bottom