Absurd prices for pot

• Thread starter McNugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wetone

i have noticed that since ive been growingprices have came down, i think moreso because people want to know where i get my good weed at and as a attempt to get the hookupthey are willing to come off of there <usually "mids" whatever that means or brick> dirt for cheap in an attempt to soften me up for the ol by the way can you hook me up when you run into some more..but im no dealer i just like to smoke, i provide a couple of people with weed when i grow because they have legitimit reasons for needing it like cancer or ms and i dont sell i donate it to them and in return they usually donate money back into the nutrient or soil end of it when it comes time to re-up on something, i say everone just grow that alone will bring down prices
wet

R

RansacktheElder

Thought I'd revive this thread and see what prices are doing around the community.

I pay 150 an oz. here in the mid south for Mexi brick mid grade. You can flip that out for 50 a quarter and smoke a quarter for free. That was my method for making it through college. I don't do it so much anymore as I'm way to old for that game and like to have my oz. to myself. I have no idea what hydro goes for anymore as I fell out of all my hookups and am not likely to make anymore at this point. Thats my motivating factor for growing my own. A complete lack of access to really good weed. I can get brick weed all day and twice on sunday, but for the same amount of money per month, or less, I can grow my own. Now that I'm into it a bit, I'm finding out how addictive it can be. Growing, that is.

D

dkmonk

Well 300 is a good price for well grown, flushed, trimmed, sensi, actually 400 is good too. The problem is most people sell wet, unflushed, sometimes not trimmed, bud for that same price. It is really a hit and miss unless you know someone who is reliable grower/dealer, that has the same quality nugs for the same price all the time, and those people are hard to come by.

I suggest buying mids or even bricked weed, because I have had amazing mexi/import bud that kicks the ass out of peoples dank in all departments (taste, smell, high) It is a lot cheaper and 90% of the time its damn good.

Starting out I didn't get such great bud and it was usually swag but I've been buyin for 6 plus years and buying in good quantity for 1-2 years, so I have found the good connects, but they are out there, and even when I have my own that I grew I still like to have a bag of regs to puff on to break the monotimy of smoking the same shit, or to prevent getting burnout from the high.

Variety is the spice of life, I love trying all different nugs, whether it be my own grown, someone elses, or commercial buds, you can find shitty and amazing things in all the catagories (well my own is always good, but sometimes i get dissapointed w/ the strain if i go out on a limb and grow something I dont know that well)

edit:
Prices
Dank: 50 and 1/8 no price breaks, lol one time the dude told me it would be an extra 50 to buy an ounce lol 450

mexi: 300 for a qp, so like 90 an O

other mids or w/e we get are actually just mexi weed that looks better and not as compressed but go for about the same maybe 400 a qp/125-150 oz at most and usually are more indica.

H

Hood Dr 313

300-400 is gravy round here the goods go 500-600 right now shit so messed up don't nobody wanna sell a zip the breakin it dowm to five tenths for 25 dollars i spend 300 every other day for bout six grams gotta have my kush

O

OnThePipe

Good meds down here in the south are moving for around $400/zip. I'm in agreement with Zoo - grow your own dank and never worry about the price on the street.

D

Donk Frog

I pay $200canadian for a 35gram "OZ" dry of chronic, bubbleberry, or white russian....but it a buddy who I trade gear with. It's a little pricy for me but he is all organic so flavor is always bomb. I only buy stuff if I run out or need a taste/buzz change form what I am smokin

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
yup......all the more reason to grow your own! For me personally.....yes, price is a factor.....but being a med patient I need ACCURACY. Any body can call their "headdies" whatever they want....and I can't TELL YOU how many times someone shows me a bag of "og" or "Chemdog" and it's FAR from the real thing.......it's just used to raise the price and hype their gear. Who suffers.....surely not them......but the people who aren't informed enough to know the difference. Medical patients take this crap home and get NO relief because they are smoking crap imo. HENCE, once again......grow your own.....cuz to me that is the ONLY way to truly know your genetics.

peace
bf

R

Reeferman

The prices in Bc for top quality bud are as high as when i started in the late 80's , its been very low for many years , for the first time in a very long time quality is rewarded in the market pink kush ,rm rock kush and charles are fetching 3600 canadian .

D

Donk Frog

I don't live in BC but I find BC bud is overrated...... Ontario has better, less mass produced weed

G

Gilpro

Indeed,

I also hail from Ont, sweet warez going round, Bubba Kush is 3400 lb.

T

the Rock

no sense whining about the prices/if you dont like em either quit smoking or take action= grow your own, I am a total moron sometimes and i have grown for over 20 yrs ,enough to supply family and friends with the best quality,thank to some of the breeders sharing in this comunity
if you cant afford the prices you probably should quit smoking and take care of biz-=mortgage,car, kids college tuition and so on and so forth
I Love growing and people think growing your own means free pot= I pay about $950 a month in overhead to grow(Power,nutes ect.ect) If i could not take care of family first i would quit today no more WHINING

general_sketch

general_sketch

hate to bump a thread thats been silent for a minute but this is such a ripe topic...

Where I live it is pretty twisted... if you're lucky, which I am very much so, you're fine. You can get dank, dank headies from the right people who are very reasonable, loving people that really are about sharing this beautiful plant with others. But if you're just a regular schmoe... well, where I live is pretty vicious. I'm forever getting bothered by cats downtown when at the bars looking for "piff" and "haze" and they're all getting worked over.

Basically, if you're in good you can get well cured, well grown, high quality bud for $300-400 an oz. I know people who pay 500 but luckily, I'm not one of them. Part of me just won't do it on general principle, nevermind. If you're not lucky, you're likely paying 275 to 400 for wet, leafy BC bud that was grown for strictly commercial reasons. so many people i know that like bud always say they can never find any or when they do, never anything good. i feel bad they don't have what I have but there are very good reasons as to why that is and none of them are my particular fault. ;)

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Prices suck, but it's a double edged sword. Why should i get uneasy when i hear a knock at the door and don't know who it is? Why do i have to use fake names when i order shit? Why do i have to find a friend to drive me to the grow store so i dont have to drive my own car? Because I'M the guy not giving a fuck, I'M the guy who took action and risks my freedom daily. You don't like the prices? Then do something about the problem and grow it your damn self. If i'm gonna spend thousands of dollars a year, and risk my freedom every day, and then you wanna conveniently approach me for some nuggetry but bitch about price, well fuck that. I don't EVER argue with someone's prices, or bitch. But i don't buy weed. ;) But if i did, i'm respectful enough to not question the prices they've set for the risks they've taken. If i don't like it i'll laugh at their price and be done with it. On another note, i could not for the life of me sell an oz for anything over 300, EVER. I don't even like 300... But at the same time i have no problems tellin a good friend to fuck off if he has the nerve to bitch about prices when he's sittin on his ass not doing anything to actually HELP the prices for himself. Why should i do all the work? Maybe i'm a dick....haha.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
The cannibis i grow is always the very best !!! Last years outdoor was a prime example !! I started with free seeds from gypsy and Sam the Skunkman... Durban Poison X Skunk#1 , out of 10 seeds (these were 18 years old) , 3 seeds came up only 1 was complete female, 1 was hemi, 1 was male. The one that was all female was the rocket fuel type high you will not often find for sale any where , at any price !! Very clear up high with no noids !!! I only smoked early samples as the plant was ripped off !! But under the sun, outdoors cost me very little !! This year will be the same , but another location !!! Sweet !! monkey5

R

Rural_GrowOp

I think that the people who don't grow and don't have an inkling of an idea as to what it takes to go from seed/clone to finished product are mostly the ones that complain about price. I especially like the ones that try to come back at you with the argument that they can get some mexi for 1/4 the price and it gets em high. Well good smoke all that dirt and leave me alone!! I have an investment in what I do and expect a return on that investment.

I don't want to sound like this is all business cause its not. I'm very generous with my circle but I don't feel that its my obligation to give away my hard work and risk to just anyone.

C

ChronicChthonic

Due to some issues with my current grow being delayed and now hermied and seeded to sh*t >:( I've found myself having to deal with the black market recently for the first time in nearly a year - had to pay $20 a gram (no discounts for bulk, so my share came out to 10g for $200) for, granted good stuff, but I can grow several plants at the same quality for that price!!

However, I'm lucky to get anything, there was a HUGE drought over the past couple months here, several big busts, extra security around the time of the G-20 convention, etc. and for awhile I was the only one around with a consistent stash. Now the supply for both regular midis & headies is coming back but prices are still crappy. All I can do is cut back a bit and hold out for my next real harvest...

As far as seeds, I've gotten all mine for free, either trading with friends or bagseed (hence the hermie issues in this grow). Not planning on upgrading to paid seeds until I have a continuous grow/cloning set up going on, I just got a second room to play with this year and still working out the timing issues. Maybe next year...

O

oldtimer60

I charge 200 seems fair seeing that it could all come to an end with one knock on the door.

P

psychoactive

I could up end some folks worlds with their petty opinions about price.

I have charged, and been paid in cash and smiles, more per ounce than any prices quoted in this thread.

Absurd prices?

There's "absurd" prices for EVERYTHING.

No one's bitching about the myriad of product lines in the world today that are priced "ABSURDLY".

And guess what?

There's a market, otherwise the pricing wouldn't exist.

Have better clients I say!

Love what you do.

Know the value of what you are providing(otherwise you are selling yourself short!).

Know your clientele.

"If you are really good at something, never do it for free"--Joker

And if you really don't like the price of things, grow your own, make more money, shop around, lower your expectation level. . . or come up with another way of dealing with this reality: it's a sellers market.

Will it change? Probably.

Don't bitch because other people are conducting business and it happens not to be with you as the result of your financial disposition.

Be happy you have access to quality to begin with. Folks 20 years ago didn't!

Peace.Love.And hopefully a greater perspective.

Take care of your cannabis provider!!!!! They are taking care of you.

B

bdawgburner

The thing I hate is when you are $25 more expensive than the shitty commercial bud around and people say "well I can get dank for $25 less from this person". Good for you, it may be 'dank' but their view of dank and mine are completely different. People around here call anything $50 and up dank no matter the quality and then have the balls to say they can get other dank cheaper. They always end up comming back a couple days later when they've smoked all their other 'dank' and want something good but by that time the price has gone up another $20 just for pissing around with me. You guys selling for $300 are saints god bless your soul. I'm the asshole charging $500 and laughin all the way to the bank. There is a market for every price range and if your stuff is better than whats around you should charge for it. I understand that you may want to hook friends up and I do that on occasion but like others have said, this is a business and the purpose of any business is to make the most money that you can I put a lot of hard work into my plants and I'm not going to give my product away because someone thinks the price is too high.

S

sRoC1

The thing I hate is when you are $25 more expensive than the shitty commercial bud around and people say "well I can get dank for $25 less from this person". Good for you, it may be 'dank' but their view of dank and mine are completely different. People around here call anything $50 and up dank no matter the quality and then have the balls to say they can get other dank cheaper. They always end up comming back a couple days later when they've smoked all their other 'dank' and want something good but by that time the price has gone up another $20 just for pissing around with me. You guys selling for $300 are saints god bless your soul. I'm the asshole charging $500 and laughin all the way to the bank. There is a market for every price range and if your stuff is better than whats around you should charge for it. I understand that you may want to hook friends up and I do that on occasion but like others have said, this is a business and the purpose of any business is to make the most money that you can I put a lot of hard work into my plants and I'm not going to give my product away because someone thinks the price is too high.

LOL AMEN 2 THAT!!!!!:cool0044:

Latest posts

Top Bottom