AC ducking size?

• Thread starter Asbestos4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Ok guys, I need alittle info for a setup. Any info you can give me would be nice.

I have 2 rooms that are 11.5 wide 20 long and 8 feet high. I will have a 60,000 btu AC to cool the 2 rooms. I would like to know what size ducking to use for the supply air and the return air.

I plan on having a Y split comming of the top of the air handler with ducking running down the center of each room. The ducking will be 25 feet from the room to the air handler.

This is going to be a sealed room system.

Hope this is somewhat clear enough to understand.

deacon1503

deacon1503

for a 5ton id say 14" ducting. Frost Box 5 tons come with a 14" plenum.

convex

convex

Is this a mini-split (ductless) unit you wish to modify and direct flow or is this a standard split unit with ducted air handling unit?

M

mrbong73

lol... I used to call it duck tape... till I was 5.

J/K OP. Good luck with your set up. Sounds like you can produce quite a bit in rooms that size.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

No, its not a mini split system. It has a indoor and out door unit .

convex

convex

Brochures/spec sheets should tell you the dimensions of takeoffs for plenums.

Cheers

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

For a single duct from the plenums to each air handler 14 inch should be good. If you are running 1 single duct then splitting you need to start with 20 inch then split to 2-14 inch ducts. Same for supply and return. Make sure there are no sags or sharp bends.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Dam 20 inch ducking thats HUGE.

CannabisJohn, would you send me a PM. Says I am to new of a member to send any messages.

Top Bottom